you guys are so open

Ya I have a lot of back problems, and they just keep getting worse as I gain more. So I am hoping once I lose some weight the back and ankle will stop hurting, and after hearing your story, seems like it probably will, which gives me another good reason to try really hard! Thanks!
    All I want for Xmas- Onederland

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/18- Excately 1 week on Phen- 250
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

WEIGHT: -3, -4, -3

2. Advertising
    advertising

Yes, keep drinking water and pee away those pounds! Think of every potty trip as flushing an ounce or two down the toilet because that is most likely what is happening. Your body is getting rid of the fat.

Wow, you really took me back! Yes, my feet were killing me, my shins, my knees, my thighs, my hips, and even occasionally my back all made me feel like I was a fool who should just turn around and go home. I had plantar fasciits type pain forever just from working on concrete 4 hours a day/3 days a week. I would switch shoes half-way through to try to get them to stop hurting. I bought heel cups for my shoes which helped a bit. For walking, it really helped a lot when I bought a pair of walking shoes for 10 or 15 bucks at Wal-mart. I've already replaced them once- when my feet started hurting again. I researched plantar fasciitis online and all the reliable resources said to stretch your feet (I did, it helped a little- but only enough so I could walk to the potty when I first get out of bed) or surgery. I talked to someone who is thin (and very fit) and she said her doctor told her it's just part of aging. Hmmm, maybe not for me! 69ish pounds later and I have ZERO foot pain.
    So yeah, it hurt. It was a great reminder of "where I don't want to be" in the next 10 years.

Oh I was thinking about asking that one. Cause I havent went #2 since I started. LOL. Guess I will get something for that. What kind of fiber does everyone use??

Oh I love salt, I guess I better start watchig that one right now then. LOL.

I am drinking some much water, I wonder will I float away soon. HAHA, so I am doing what I can , and so far today, Its just afternoon, but I have drank more today then I did all day yesterday. So thats a plus!

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

Welcome!!!! The advice and encouragement here is like no other. People here really understand the everyday struggles of trying to get the weight off one last time. Something that hasn't been mentioned yet, watch your salt intake. I've recently learned this lesson. It will make you stay bloated, no matter how much water you drink. It ended up stalling my weight loss out. Lil heads up on that.

Keep your head up, stay strong, and enjoy!!!

Silver Phenster want2lovemybody's Avatar

Fitday.com is a wonderful site for tracking calories, keeping a food diary, etc. I love it!!!!
    Start weight 173
    Started Phen 7/10/2008
    (7/17/08).....168
    (7/24/08).....168
    (7/31/08)......164.6
    (8/7/08).....164.4
    (8/14/08) .....162.4
    (8/21/08)....161.8
    (8/28/08)...160.6
    (9/4/08).....160
    (9/11/08)....158
    Goal weight 135

Hi there! Your story is a lot like mine too! I started out around 294 and I would walk for 20 mins a day on the treadmill. That was a start. Then I added in 50 crunches on my excercise ball, then I added some cheap 5 lb weights, then I started some pilates dvd's....It's all a process to build up endurance. I totally agree about the Y too. I finally got a membership to mine and I LOVE it. No one there judges anyone. I do water aerobics and it is SO fun and low impact on your joints but very good cardio.

I was having knee and ankle problems due to weight. My doc told me I needed to get it off or it would get worse. Since I have lost almost 40 lbs now, it is a lot better.

The headaches are totally normal. Drink water until you think you just CANNOT drink anymore. Phen will dry you out like nothing else. Keeping hydrated is key!

I aggree about planning meals. Some tips are lots of fruit, fiber, whole grains, lean protien (you will learn 500 ways to cook chicken!). Stay away from sugar and white breads.

You will get constipated. Sorry, it just will happen. I would go ahead and start taking a fiber suppliment now to head it off before it begins.

Congrats on your decision to lose! People here are super supportive and I love it!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

LOL, more water huh, So basically should feel like I am floating? LOL. That will be great if the headache dont come back today, cause it was horiable. Had me down for part of the day not able to do anything. LOL.

I do have a pedometer(sp?) so thats good, and gonna make myself go more then every day. lol. So that should help.

I like the idea of pre planning what I am going to eat. That sounds like a pretty good idea. That will get be close to the calories I should be having.

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

Welcome!

I don't have a lot to add to the above advice ( Great as always) .

Yes! We are all here for you!

We let it ALL HANG OUT - At times... Some more then others- lol
    Won't dare mention any names though- lol

You'll soon see..... Get's VERY interesting in here sometimes

Good Luck To You.

Tina

Welcome! OK the first time I lost weight I weighed 282 pounds when I started. I lived right by a lake that was created to be exactly a mile around. What I liked about it was by the time I got half way, I had to go the whole way to get back home. At 282 a mile was hard, but I was able to do it, and then the next week I could do one in the morning and one at night, and then 2 in the morning and 2 at night. It was a process, but it got me on my way to losing 110 pounds! Ellyptical machines are fairly easy on the knees/ankles. I belonged to the Y after the walking stopped really doing much for me. I loved it there, everyone was so accepting and nice! I never felt judged at the Y like I do at my trendy gym now.. (y is too far for me).

I would recommend a pedometer or some way to track how far you're walking. That way you can push yourself to go just a little further every time.

Good luck and welcome!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

I'm kinda new to this board as well, but this is the best weight loss forum I have ever been to. The ladies here are so helpful, it's really great!

Good luck with your weight loss!!

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Welcome! Our stories are very much alike. This was my first time taking meds for weightloss and this was my first forum. I LOVE it here. I can't wait to get off work to log on and see how everyone is doing. Also, this forum has given me courage to do things I wouldn't have done before, like workout in a gym. I am always afraid of people staring, but I've been so inspired by everyone on this site that I hardly notice anymore. Good Luck and come here often! WE CAN DO THIS!
    5/08 SW-270
    8/7/08 CW 239-Taken off Phen by MD
    9/5/08 CW 230-Life without Phen Challenge

Goals, schmoals. I just come here to talk, and if I lose weight, that's great!

Same place next year? NOT!!!

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by cashmonkies View Post
    ok I have set my mini goals, and I have measured myself some what. lol. Pictures to come soon, just have to take them first. lol. Dont take much pictures since I dont like the way I look.

I do have a question. Today was my first day on the new diet and the meds. I suffered from a terriable headache. Is this normal? I dont know if this was from the meds or not, just wondering what you all thought. I will still be taking the meds though.

Also my doc has me on 1200 calories. Does this mean I should be right at 1200? Like today, being my first day and getting the hang of things, I am way under. I am at 730. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Before when I would count calories, I had my calories higher then this and had a hard time not going over, so being way under is a lil odd for me. lol. I am a lil hungry right now, and may have a small snack, a ff yogurt or something along them lines, but should I be keeping it at 1200? Under is bad like over? I havent been starving myself either. I have been eating pretty well. and I feel full. (guess thats the meds working?)

Just when all I was going to say was "Welcome - everyone has said everything already" LOL

So sorry about the headache. How much water did you drink? Doesn't matter, drink more .. ok? That will help. To answer your question YES ... it's very normal and it will pass with time, hang in there.

No biggy that you ate under ... but here is my 2 cents ... PLAN what you are going to eat to get your / all your calories in that the doc suggested. Phen turns the part of your brain off that says you are hungry, easy to just not eat. Therefore, if you plan you know you get xyz to eat. So there you have it.
    Tomorrow is a new day ... every day should get better for you ...

Best of luck to you .. keep posting!
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

ok I have set my mini goals, and I have measured myself some what. lol. Pictures to come soon, just have to take them first. lol. Dont take much pictures since I dont like the way I look.

I do have a question. Today was my first day on the new diet and the meds. I suffered from a terriable headache. Is this normal? I dont know if this was from the meds or not, just wondering what you all thought. I will still be taking the meds though.

Also my doc has me on 1200 calories. Does this mean I should be right at 1200? Like today, being my first day and getting the hang of things, I am way under. I am at 730. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner. Before when I would count calories, I had my calories higher then this and had a hard time not going over, so being way under is a lil odd for me. lol. I am a lil hungry right now, and may have a small snack, a ff yogurt or something along them lines, but should I be keeping it at 1200? Under is bad like over? I havent been starving myself either. I have been eating pretty well. and I feel full. (guess thats the meds working?)

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

Hi, welcome to the boards. This definitly is the forum to be in for support. It's not just phen users who are here. Some have been off of it and some are of course phen users. But all of us are here to be healthier, sexier, more confident people. Weight is a struggle for almost all of us here and it's a good place to come and vent the stresses of the day. As Scat said there are other boards that just aren't nearly as good as this one. You have to pull teeth to get support and not just look at themselves. I could probably name 20-30 people at the top of my head that have done tremendously and I know there are so many more than that. Also, sometimes when you have times that you have fallen down you have someone helping to dust you off or help you up. Sometimes you also get a good kick in the butt when you need it. You have people from all walks of life and different personalities. Hope you reach your goals.

As for measuring yourself, extrapounds.com is a great way to keep track of your progress. I usually add a few more in a notebook that they don't have. Like I record my shoulders, chest, bust, waist, thighs, calves, neck, and wrist and forearms. You really don't have to record all those, but it just helps me know where I've lost the most and in what area. They have most of those though. When you measure don't pull it too tight, let it go comfortably around. I record them every month along with my weight so I know how I am coming each month. Of course with my weight I check it everyday (though I know your supposed to check it every week) because I'm a scaleaholic. They don't have a scaleaholic anonymous though so just have to keep weighing.

Welcome!! Glad you could join us!
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

WELCOME and Good luck! This is the best forum I have found yet. I don't think aiming for 180 is too high of a goal! As long as you set mini goals (which it looks like you have already done), you shouldn't get discouraged. Just remember to reward yourself every time you reach a goal. You will deserve it for all of your hard work!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Bronze Phenster

Welcome to these boards, cash! I've only been on adipex for a little over 3 months, but I've lost 34.6 lbs. I use an elliptical machine for an hour a day, too. I track my calories, weight and workouts on www.sparkpeople.com . I really like that site, it's easy to use and not hard to understand. As for goals, my first goal was 50 lbs, I'm getting closer and closer to that 50 every day and you'll do great, too! Good luck with your journey!

Hi cashmonkies, I'm relatively new here too, but welcome to the forum. I like it here as well. As for your goal, I think it is a fine goal, but maybe set mini goals if you are easily frustrated, like every 20 pounds or something. I need to do it to. As for a diet tracker, i used mypyramidtracker. It will also tell you what nutrients you are missing and such. I need to post some pictures too, but I'm so embarrassed! lol.
    HW 227
    SW 221

6/14 221
    6/21 218
    6/28 213
    7/5 212
    7/12 210
    7/19 209.2
    7/26 210.6 (no phen ten days)
    8/1 207.0 (back on phen 7/29)
    8/8 204.6
    8/15 202
    8/22 200.2
    8/29 200.2
    9/5 198.4
    9/12 195.3
    10/3 195 (stuck-phen break for me!)
    10/10 194
    10/31 191.4
    11/14 192 (still no phen)
    12/19 190

First mini-goal 200 (MET)
    Second mini-goal 180

awesome. It all sounds good. Gonna check out that site and see what its all about. Ya I go around 2 blocks and I am beat. And my right ankle starts hurting really bad. I am assuming its the weight doing that. So my grandma suggested wrapping it first, so I will try that tomorrow. I walked for about 10 minutes so far today, and I plan to go walk again this evening when the sun comes down some. lol

HAHA, not sure about the poop thing , but we will see. LMAO

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3

WATER - 540 oz

EXERCISE -

Walk however far you can walk. Walk several times per day if you like. Do more things around the house. In general, just move more whenever you find the opportunity.
    One year ago when I first started walking, I thought I was gonna die. I could have used a towel to carry with me to wipe the sweat off my face. It was bad. Pouring sweat, puffing like mad, red-faced bad. How far did I walk? One mile. One teensy little mile, and it was tough to make myself go that far! I was embarrassed and wanted to use every excuse I could think of to not do it. I kept at it, though. Now I walk 2 miles easily and sometimes even throw in a bit of jogging here and there. Yesterday I walked so long I got sun-burned. None of that we be possible today if I hadn't kept going- one foot in front of the other, head down in embarrassment, sweating like crazy, wondering to myself if I really could do this.
    Welcome to the boards! Pull up a keyboard and soon you'll be talking about poop with the rest of us!

Noone is going to laugh at your pic...we have been brutally honest with one another, and a good number of us have posted ourselves in bathing suits so we can have progress pics as time goes on....it doesn't get more real than that!

I have been other boards and this is by far the best one for phen users (and those that dont' take phen but want to lose weight).....One board i was on was just plain evil, it was a commercial for Dr. B and the people were acting like a bunch of drug addicts...they used the worse language I have ever heard (and I'm from the Bronx) and were nothing less than psychotic. noone talked about diet and fitness..it was all about how they were gonna get their drugs without going to a doctor for them

Another site was really cliquey..people just loved talking about themselves and to eachother..there was this woman that kind of ruled the board and was the spokesperson (the site promoted some fake phentermine, that was their sponsor) and she was the advertisement but she was also a huge liar. She kept saying she was 134 lbs..well I saw pics of her and i think she was 134 in one thigh.....she was nasty and a liar and I got thrown off the board for challenging her......their loss!

So anyway welcome aboard and feel free to jump in whateva...almost everyone here is really nice, and the one or two that aren't we just ignore..bahahahahahhhahhahaha

peace

Hi monkies! I use extrapound.com. My first and current excercises is walking and still going! I started at 262 lbs. I took phen last June and lost 23 lbs first month! plus 2 pounds this month, total of 25 lbs. You just start off by walking all you can and TRY to enjoy it! Once you get slimmer, walk further or faster! Right now I walks 10-13 miles a week. (1.4 mile mon to fri on my one hour lunch break and 3 miles on weekends) Eat small portions six times a day on protien meats such as chicken, fish, grains, unlimited fruits and veggies and DO NOT FORGET PLENTY OF WATERRRR!!! Your mouth gets dry from phen and so that is GOOD!

What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

I use Extrapounds.com, too. It will show you where to meausre on your body.

Good luck!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

SW 7/3/08: 208
    7/5/08: 204
    7/10/08: 196

GW: 140 lbs.

Welcome to the community! You will LOVE it here.

You can use Extrapounds.com to track your weight loss. I think the link is on the home page. When I was tracking calories, I used thedailyplatecom but I'm sure its probably similar to what you are already using.

As far as exercising, walking is a great exercise. My mother weighs over 250 & she has a thyroid problem & suffers with painful arthritis in her knees. She started out walking just down her street, which is probably about a block. After a few weeks, she's slimmer, walking farther & even walking hills. So, just continue doing the short distance & maybe each week push yourself to go just a bit farther.

Good luck to you & think positive. You will have times that you get off program but give yourself a good swift kick in the hiney & remember that tomorrow is a new day.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Default you guys are so open

I think I may have found the fourm I have been looking for. A forum where you guys are so honest about what you weigh, when you cheat etc.

I am just starting this today, so I dont have any stories really excpet the 100 times I ghave fell off all my diets. I never had the support or anything like that.

It seems after reading around here, you guys all have so much support of one another. I just love that. Makes things seem a lil less scary for me.

Few questions. when I measure myself, so I can see how many inches I lose, just how do I do that? Is there certain parts of the fat belly I should measure etc?

Gonna take a pic and place it on here as well soon, as long as no one laughs. lol

For now I know I would like to get to 180 (probably more after that), but Is my goal to big right now? maybe thats why I keep falling off? This is the first time I have had a pill to help though. But are short goals easier? I see a lot of you have mini goals.

Are there any programs you all use to help track your weight loss, and write down your calories etc. I use fitday.com but is there something thats better?

And finally, working out. I have a hard time with it, bcuase I am so big, so whats a good thing to start with? walking? I do walk, but cant make it far, should I just keep going the short distance?

Thanks guys, I look forward to making some buddies here to help me on this scary adventure.

Main Goal

Started 7/11 @ 260lbs.

7/13-First Weigh in- 256
    7/25-2 weeks on Phen-245
    8/4- Sq Cleanse- 241
    8/8- 238
    8/15- 235
    8/26-230
    ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS

WEEK 3