"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four
    unless there are three other people." ~ H.G. Welles

Stay away from that icecream cake!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by mandagrl1 View Post
    Ummm, we'll need to see this naked cowboy please!
    THAT'S WHAT I'M SCREAMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Photos
    View albums

Ummm, we'll need to see this naked cowboy please!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmom View Post
    Girl, next time you go back you need to eat the whole damn "Big Apple" I'm a native NYr and aside from the pizza, there's Shish-Kabobs, potato knish, cheesecake specifically from Junior's Cheesecake and let's not forget the magnificent White Castle.

I'm going back home soon to visit, I'll be sure eat enough for the both of us

Glad you had a good time

Haha, yeah, we REALLY wanted to go to White Castle, but we just weren't there long enough to try everything we wanted to. I think I just need to plan another trip to eat all of New York's treasures! I'm thinking about just doing a NY Tour de Pretzel.

Oh well, back to reality and back on track tomorrow.
    *Amber*

Photos
    View albums

Girl, next time you go back you need to eat the whole damn "Big Apple" I'm a native NYr and aside from the pizza, there's Shish-Kabobs, potato knish, cheesecake specifically from Junior's Cheesecake and let's not forget the magnificent White Castle.

I'm going back home soon to visit, I'll be sure eat enough for the both of us

Glad you had a good time

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You go back to NYC right now and do more damage than that! LOL Slacker!

Welcome back!
    Glad you had a good time and I Love Love Love the part where you split meals, I SO want to do that most of the time w/ folk and I just forget.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Default I'm Ba-ack!

Ok, so I'm back from NYC and it was so much fun! I need to plan another trip immediately! I didn't take the phen all weekend because it still makes me feel dizzy and a little out of it and I didn't want to feel like that on my trip. We did walk and walk and walk! I did pretty good food-wise too. The bad things I ate were a slice of cheese pizza, a Coney Island Nathan's hotdog (no chili or cheese, just peppers and onions), and I did have some regular soda. I went with my husband, his brother and his wife Katie. She was really helpful and supportive and offered to split things with me so I wouldn't eat the whole thing. That really helped. I came home and weigh the same so I'm ok with that.

Highlight of the trip: I met the Naked Cowboy and got my picture taken with him squeezing my butt!

Thanks for the permission to cut loose everyone! I think I handled myself well. Lol.
    *Amber*

Photos
    View albums

I wish I would go to NY and not eat. Its sooo funny cuz I have never been either and you named everything I want to try when I get there. Althouh I never thought about Coney Island, I must have a Nathans hot dog. Take your meds and that may help you eat what u want but not overdo it. Enjoy your trip ...and the food!

Photos
    View albums

I was sure that I was going to read this and say NO! right away, but it's NYC soo... permission granted. Have a blast!
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Enjoy and make lots of happy memories.

My NYC experience was great ... but I did see a street rat the size of my small dog that totally freaked me out. I screamed and what do you know ... a police officer on a HORSE came over. (this was not long after 9/11)
    we talked for a bit and realized we could not understand each other ... so I told him he talked funny, he said "me?" then he told me I was the southern belle, I said ... maybe so ... but YOU are the one on a HORSE and m'dear that's COUNTRY to me.

Anyway ... about the taxi's ... riding in them is a form of exercise in itself, you are constantly squeezing you butt cheeks in fear they are going to hit another car ... you'll have a toned heiny when you get back.

I personally lost weight while there ... everything was too dirty for me (we didn't go to nice restaurants) .. I couldn't get past it. So I missed out on all the good food and we walked and walked and walked!

Photos
    View albums

You'll burn it off walking, so go ahead and have your fun!!
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Photos
    View albums

Personally, I have found that most of the time if I just eat two bites it's enough. Maybe you can try that before going "all the way" so to speak. Of course, if ya gotta, ya gotta. Just walk more. It'll save taxi fare that way, too. LOL

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Supastar0284 View Post
    Ok, so I've never been to NYC before, but I am going this weekend! Yay! The only thing is I feel like there are certain foods I MUST eat in order to have the perfect New York experience.

First there's the NY style pizza, come on, that's practically unavoidable. I don't think you can walk down a NY street without accidentally having a slice fall into your mouth. Then there's the cheesecake. I would never be able to forgive myself if I don't try a piece and tell everyone back home what it tastes like. It's more like research than indulgence. We are also making a special day out of visiting Coney Island this weekend and I don't think they let you leave unless you eat a coney dog. I really don't want to offend the New Yorkers so I had better just follow their rules.
    I feel you. I love Thai food and I can't get it here where I live so it was a must for me when I was at my parents. I was so surprised cause I went, got it had some but knew when to stop (it has been a long time since I have done that) had it for dinner saved the rest for the next day. Nothing wrong with have a little taste of NYC
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

well, heck, you're gonna walk more in NYC than you've probably ever walked before, atleast thats how it was for me. So enjoy good food. BUT some advice that I could have used......Take a big purse, put in it a water bottle, some fruit, and some crackers like goldfish or something. If you keep up with snacks, you won't feel so inclined to binge at the restaurants. Drink a ton of water. ps. its impossible to find a public restroom around there, unless you tell 'em you're pregnant. Worked for me.
    If you stay hydrated and walk walk walk, you will come home smaller even after the yummy food.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Red face Permission to cut loose this weekend?

Ok, so I've never been to NYC before, but I am going this weekend! Yay! The only thing is I feel like there are certain foods I MUST eat in order to have the perfect New York experience.

First there's the NY style pizza, come on, that's practically unavoidable. I don't think you can walk down a NY street without accidentally having a slice fall into your mouth. Then there's the cheesecake. I would never be able to forgive myself if I don't try a piece and tell everyone back home what it tastes like. It's more like research than indulgence. We are also making a special day out of visiting Coney Island this weekend and I don't think they let you leave unless you eat a coney dog. I really don't want to offend the New Yorkers so I had better just follow their rules.
    *Amber*