Does anybody workout with Pilates??
    Photos
    View albums

I got Windsor Pilates at Best Buy. They may sell it in their online store too.
    I got Ten Minute Pilates at Target.

If you are just starting, I recommend the Windsor over the Ten Minute one. Although Windsor takes an hour if you choose to do all of it, it has 3 levels you can try and it is very relaxing. Even when you tell yourself, "I'll just do ____ minutes," most of the time you'll go all the way through because it's so relaxing. You can do it and still go to sleep an hour later. I haven't reached the hardest level yet, but I had to quit due to a neck issue. Don't feel bad if you can't do all the exercises right away. There is still one I can't do after a year.

The Ten Minute Pilates DVD is still about an hour long, but it's cut into 10 minute segments. It goes A LOT faster and works your body harder. I've done parts of it a dozen times and it kicks my butt every time.

Hope this helps! I love Pilates. It made me a lot more flexibible, taught me how to use breath and isolation of muscles during ab work, and is great for when you don't want to do cardio but still feel like you should exercise.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

If you have netflix or blockbuster online....they both have ALOT of really good exercise dvds. I like it cuz you can try it then turn it back in after a couple times so it doesn't get old. I haven't really done pilates....I've heard it's pretty tough but there are some out there that are easier for those of us that are larger. I have a hard time getting off the floor and many of them are floor exercises. Good luck with it though.....I'd say do as much as you can and it'll get easier as you do the exercises.

Photos
    View albums

I am certified to teach Pilates, it is an awesome workout and when I was doing it regularly I had a super strong core...It will definitely tighten up your ab area as you gain strong muscle, but will it help saggy skin? honestly I don't want to burst your bubble but it may not. Sometimes skin never stretches back.....but instead of worrying about it just keep eating right and do the pilates for a strong core......You'll be amazed at how much stronger and better you get at it as time goes on.....

Photos
    View albums

I use Ares for all my downloading.

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/

It might be illegal but I don't download and sell anything. Just for my own personal use. You can get the Winsor ones on there too. I have a great DVD player. It's a Phillips brand. You can download videos from the internet and burn them to a CD and it plays them. I LOVE IT.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeShell View Post
    Just so you all know, pilates can be done with machines, but can also be done with no equipment. The no equipment version is commonly called "mat pilates". All you need is a workout DVD which you can get for as little as $10! As I mentioned before, my favorite is the Winsor Pilates series, but 10 Minute Solutions also has a few good Pilates DVD's with several 10 minute segements on each. Hope that helps!
    Ah I get it, thanks ......................................
    What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Photos
    View albums

Default Where to buy?

I LOVE pilates. I used to teach it and I must say that was when I was in the best shape of my adult life! I have tried lots of DVD's, but my all time favorite still has to be Winsor Pilates. I especially like the 20 minute lower body workout. GREAT for the legs! I just did it this morning in fact. If you have any more workout or pilates quetions feel free to ask.
    Thank you for the info! Where can someone find the Winsor DVD?

Photos
    View albums

LoSingWeightin08, I love you!!!!!!! Just what I'm looking for!! I started it a few days ago on my own. I wasnt sure what am I doing with this! LOL Well, with a little help from my hubby. :P

almost!!!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Just so you all know, pilates can be done with machines, but can also be done with no equipment. The no equipment version is commonly called "mat pilates". All you need is a workout DVD which you can get for as little as $10! As I mentioned before, my favorite is the Winsor Pilates series, but 10 Minute Solutions also has a few good Pilates DVD's with several 10 minute segements on each. Hope that helps!

Photos
    View albums

my mom got us a pilates machine that came with a couple of tapes. It is soo much fun b/c it came with a little trampoline part on it. I try & do pilates one day a week, tae bo for one day, and leslie sansone for another. U'll love pilates its fun !

seashells, here's a video that shows u a pilates workout http://youtube.com/watch?v=_WwK9lWwxnw
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

What is Pilates?? I would love to try and buy me this one.....

almost!!!

Photos
    View albums

Pilates ROCK!! It can be tough in the beginning but gets much easier over time. Stick with I think you will love the results.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Where did you download the videos? I know those who do Pilates, have an amazing lean looking bod. It just looks longer and feminine. My gym offers them, but they are extra money to take the classes. Not cool! I already pay $43 a month! sheesh

*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~
    Starting weight- 179 5/7/08
    CW- 179 - 5-7-08
    178 5-8-08
    177 5-12-08
    175 5-14-08
    173 5-19-08
    171 5-27-08
    169 6-2-08
    168 6-16-08
    GW- 140
    I WILL have success this time!
    10 lbs by Aug .1st!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Photos
    View albums

I would love to take a class on this...but they do not offer them around here Maybe I will have to try the videos
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Some are harder than others. Like anything else...it just takes time and practice. Be patient and you'll get it.

Photos
    View albums

I LOVE pilates. I used to teach it and I must say that was when I was in the best shape of my adult life! I have tried lots of DVD's, but my all time favorite still has to be Winsor Pilates. I especially like the 20 minute lower body workout. GREAT for the legs! I just did it this morning in fact. If you have any more workout or pilates quetions feel free to ask.
    The nurse at my Doctor's office highly recommended this one. I searched frantically on the internet last night and found one. I used to work at Walmart in the electronics department and we sold TONS of Pilates DVDs. I thought it was just a fad like all the others, but once I looked at the video IT LOOKS HARD AS HE.LL TO DO and I give MUCH respect to the people who are able to do this at full sets.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Photos
    View albums

Default Does anybody workout with Pilates??

I just downloaded a 10 min video of Pilates focused on ABS. I'm having a problem with saggy skin in my belly area. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of this. I don't want to have a TUMMY TUCK when I'm all done losing weight. I don't like pain and I think that will be MUCHO painful.

Pilates anyone???
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs