Perhaps this could help others.?.?
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for sharing your story and info! Welcome to the boards. I just saw a story on the news that people who journal lose more weight. I was gonna copy the story and put it here, but I forgot!
    Last edited by benson012094; July 10th, 2008 at 12:43 PM.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I am super glad you found something that works for you...that is AWSOME!!! Good luck in your journey...we are all here for you too.
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

This is an amazing Idea... I'm seriously going to think about doing this. Most of my immediate friends and family know that I am trying once again to stop being the fat girl in the bunch but not all of them do. Maybe if I know someone is going to hold me accountable then I wont be as tempted by certain things.... Thanks for the idea and I wish you the best of luck on your journey.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

Default Perhaps this could help others.?.?

I'm overweight. Hi, my name is W82Lose and I'm an overweight person. (Ha ha! Isn't the first step admitting you have a problem?) I've been large most of my life (for as long as I can remember) and it consumes my thoughts on a daily basis, on an hourly basis, all the fricken time! Kind of draining if you ask me. I've had one success in losing 'some' weight in the past, only to gain it back, plus 20 more pounds!! I guess it's really not a success than, huh?

On March 31, 2008, I finally found a doctor in my community that I felt comfortable talking with and that listened to my issues and asked the right questions in getting me what I needed. She prescribed me phen and an anti-depressant and I vowed my new life would begin.

As I lay in bed that evening, I thought to myself about the gazillion times I've tried to lose weight in the past, only to fail within days or even hours. I realized I had an urge to write. An urge to talk about my small successes (even if it were only a pound). I also realized I needed to keep track of when I'm having bad days, to establish what triggers them or to help me through it. What I knew I didn't want to do was sit and put pen to paper. So then I thought maybe I needed to start a journal in Word format. That too seemed like a good idea. But as I laid there longer, I realized maybe I need to hold myself more accountable. My realization; I needed to start something I could share with friends and family. Something that people would read so that I know others are "watching" me. That sounds kind of creepy but you know what I mean.

So the next morning I got up and googled for a free online blog site. I found one and my journey began. I wrote my first entry on March 31, 2008 and continue to do so on a regular basis (2-3 times a week). After my first entry that day, I copied my website and sent it to everyone I knew. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but I knew that if all these people knew that I was trying to lose weight, they'd be very supportive. I also knew that if I was having a bad day or "falling of the wagon", they'd be there to encourage me.

I can honestly admit, in the 3 months I've had the blog, it's helped me immensely. I get feedback from friends and family in numerous ways. Most importantly, when I'm having a day when I want to eat an entire package of cream cheese and a box of swiss cake rolls, I think about that blog and know that friends and family are reading it on a daily basis. I had to post one week that I had gained two pounds and it embarassed me. But that embarassment gave me the initiative to kick my eating and exercising in the @ss the next week! My family and friends know how much I want this and I know I'm in here somewhere.

Any way, I'm telling you all this as I think something like this may help others too. Believe me, it was a huge step for me to tell my friends and family that I realized I was overweight and needed to do something about it. I guess I had always hoped that they didn't notice my weight (YEAH RIGHT!) and now I was pointing it out to them. I felt sick to my stomach the day I sent that email out but had feedback from so many in just a few hours! That alone made me realize I had made the right choice and I haven't regretted sharing my journey with the people I know/love, since.

Starting Weight = 231 (3/29/08)
    Started Phen on (4/7/08)
    Current Weight = 193.6 (7/9/08)

My wonderful, supportive family