OT - Anyone dealt with breast cancer?
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks so much for all of your kind words and helpful information. We will get the final word on Monday as to exactly where all the cancer has spread. I will keep you all updated. Again, thank you so much for your prayers!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

i'm sorry about your grandmother. my grandmother got breast cancer in her late 70's. it hadn't spread, and she had to get her breast removed. after that she was fine. it didn't come back....and she lived until she was 83 and then died of natural causes. so, it could go well. i mean, getting a breast removed isn't ideal, but my grandma was like, "i'm in my seventies! nobody sees them anyway..." she had a good attitude about it. let us know what happens!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

I'm so sorry Cmarie. I'll keep you and your grandmother in my thoughts. I have had several friends and family members with breast cancer. All but one have survived. I will say having known them all the ones that survived were the ones that wanted to. I do know the will is strong with breast cancer and lots of positive energy and love go a long way as does the right doctors! Best of luck to you!

Photos
    View albums

my aunt had breast cancer. Instead of her doctors taking the whole breast off, they did a lumpectomy(sp?) and the cancer spread to her back. then they did radiation & burned the nerves in there so she lost the ability to walk. she moved back home hoping that she could find better doctors in the birmingham area(mom's fam lives in missisisspi) but sadly she died. I hope that your grandmother is okay cmarie & i'll pray for your family.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

No, knock on wood! My heart goes out to you and everyone who has had to deal with this! God bless!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Cmarie...I will pray for your grandmaw...

Research and care has come a long way with breast cancer so be hopefull and positive....

I have not had to deal with it other than having a couple of scares myself...

I did have a friends Dad that had cancer in his lympnodes, and they did not give him long at all...he went to a treament center here at Barnes Jewish Hospital , which is the top 10 in the country and he underwent experimental treatment and is now been cancer free for over 5 years...So leave no stone unturned is what I learned from them...

http://www.siteman.wustl.edu/

Photos
    View albums

My heart goes out to you and your family!
    I have a lot of experience with your situation. My mother is a breast cancer survivor (10 years..woo hoo!!)
    She had the exact same situation...she had 2 lumpectomies and had her nodes removed as well...to think positively, just because it was found in her lymph nodes does not mean that it has already spread. My mother's cancer was found from a breast exam, not a mammogram (she has dense breasts) so, we aren't really sure when she developed the cancer and how long it went untreated.
    Even though it was found in her lymph nodes, they were able to catch it all and it was not given the chance to spread!!!

One HUGE thing to always keep in mind...love and support is the best treatment for people who are dealing with cancer. I still believe that my mother is alive and well today because of the love and support she got from her family and friends and her will to live!! She was too stubborn to let the cancer take her...and she said that she could feel her body fighting off the cancer!!!
    No matter what the outcome ... always let her know that you love her and you are there for her. Love is an amazing thing...and if you feel loved, it's amazing the kind of things you can achieve and overcome!!!

Hang in there....you are in my thoughts!!!!
    Stay strong...and she will do the same!!!!

Photos
    View albums

My sister is a breast cancer survivor. She had a lumpectomy and the lymp nodes taken from her left side. Thankfully they caught hers early and the lympnodes were clear. She is very active with raising money for cancer reserch. My prayers are with your family.

Photos
    View albums

I had an aunt that had it but I was so young I don't really remember much of it. Other than when they did her Kemo and she lost her hair. We lost her to it after a 2-3 year battle. I'm sorry I don't remember more for you. I will pray for you and your family. Hope the test results offer a bit of relief and peace.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

My prayers are with you. It's a lot to deal with. I am dealing with the same thing with my mother. Just make sure you tell your grandmother you love her every chance you get.
    SW: 156
    154 - 7/16/08
    GW: 125

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Since I can't offer personal experience I can offer my prayers ... consider them sent for you and your family.

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry you are going through this right now. {{{{Cmarie}}}}
    I lost my second mom to breast cancer in 1999. It was her second go-round. She had been in remission for several years. Her case is different in that the cancer had spread through most of her organs by the time they caught it the second time.

I will be praying for your family.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Default OT - Anyone dealt with breast cancer?

My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer last week. She had surgery yesterday and they determined that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes. They did a lumpectomy and a node dissection. Basically they removed the tumor from the breast and removed all of the lymph nodes from her left arm. Now they are worried that since the cancer was in her lymph nodes that it has most likely spread to other lymph nodes in her body and possibly to her organs. We will have to wait until Monday to get the results from all of tests. She is 83 and in fairly good health otherwise.

My question is this, have any of you dealt with this personally, with a friend or family member? It seems the breast cancer is so common these days. I was hoping that maybe someone could give me some insight here. We know that at her age the odds are against her. I am just curious if anyone else has been down this road before and can offer some insight.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)