Birthday Cake Alert!
    Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by soc wkr View Post

Speaking of that and also of three year olds, how do any of you deal with not snacking all the time when your kids are always begging for snacks? I am getting so frustrated because my three year old ,as soon as I pick my kids up from daycare after work ,is constantly begging me for snacks and one is never enough! It is driving me CRAZY, and then I start to get nervous and want to eat snacks too then. I definitely do not want her to deal with weight issues and I worry about that, but I am bad and sometimes give in so I do not have to hear the consistent whining. Does anybody else deal with this?
    Oh heavens yes ... my boys love their snacks. But their snacks are dried fruit, oatmeal cookies, cheese sticks, fruit, all kinds (grapes, blue berries and strawberries is what I have for a "fruit salad" for them right now) those yogurt covered raisins, gummy things, mini rice cakes, popcycles, puddings, jello's, little cups of sherbert.
    ALL of which is stuff I don't eat. Well, except the fruit and even w/ that, not a lot.

I don't like what they eat and that's why I am not tempted.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I totally agree with wildcat1842 about the whole frosting thing! I don't know why some people like that whipped frosting stuff, I think it's gross! If you are going to get loaded with sugar, than do it up right with the buttercream! Speaking of that and also of three year olds, how do any of you deal with not snacking all the time when your kids are always begging for snacks? I am getting so frustrated because my three year old ,as soon as I pick my kids up from daycare after work ,is constantly begging me for snacks and one is never enough! It is driving me CRAZY, and then I start to get nervous and want to eat snacks too then. I definitely do not want her to deal with weight issues and I worry about that, but I am bad and sometimes give in so I do not have to hear the consistent whining. Does anybody else deal with this?

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

[QUOTE=wildcat1842;825059]MMMM, looks good! And those boys are adorable!

Thank you ... they are an absolute joy ..................... most of the time!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat1842 View Post
    MMMM, looks good! And those boys are adorable! Icing is my weakness as well. But only buttercreme frosting. I can't stand whipped frosting! I am always relieved at b-day parties when they bring out a cake with whipped topping.

I'm being nosey, but why are you and insearchofme off phen? I've heard your body gets used to it. I was planning on taking a few days off every month to avoid that. How long were you on phen before you had to take a break?
    Funny - I'm the same way about icing, relieved when the screw up and put those funky kind of icings on there. hehee
    I'm a cream cheese icing fan. However, this entire day has come and almost gone and I only liked a knife ...

I don't know why Renee / Insearchofme is off Phen, I'll find out. ::: wicked laugh :::
    But for me ... I just wanted a break, I was eating anyway ... so I save up my pills.
    I am have 3 months supply left and I am / was saving them. I took one today and may start back again tomorrow... then again, maybe not. Not sure, check with me tomorrow. LOL
    Oh ... and the rest of your question ... I've was on them 3 mo. before I 1st stopped, but off and on ever since then.

Photos
    View albums

oh i LOVE icing. i keep a container of it in my fridge and when i want to eat something sweet (which is rare) i get one of my kid's spoons....get a scoop of icing...and savor evert lick haha. it hasn't done any damage so far.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

MMMM, looks good! And those boys are adorable! Icing is my weakness as well. But only buttercreme frosting. I can't stand whipped frosting! I am always relieved at b-day parties when they bring out a cake with whipped topping.

I'm being nosey, but why are you and insearchofme off phen? I've heard your body gets used to it. I was planning on taking a few days off every month to avoid that. How long were you on phen before you had to take a break?

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Birthday cake is done .. boys decorated, I didn't eat anything more than lick the knife.
    Last edited by Raquel; July 10th, 2008 at 09:32 PM.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Band Mamma View Post
    Wear gloves. That's the only solution I can come up with for my frosting addiction. Of course, I have yet to try it because I love icing so much. I keep thinking if I put on some gloves the frosting would taste like plastic and I'd stop licking my fingers.
    I FINALLY finished off the 4th of July cake. I realized this week that I too could really do without the cake part. I'm starting to think I should just put the same amount of frosting in a cup and eat a bit of that every day. It would actually save calories for me since I know I am going to eat the cake if it's there just because of the frosting being attached to it. Hmm, my birthday is next week. Do you think I can convince hubby to just buy a can of frosting and stick a candle in it instead of the whole cake thing?

Well that is a good idea, but today I'm trying to figure out the right mix for Lemon Pie filling / Icing & Lemon Pudding for the filling.
    That requires a taste test. LOL

As for the candle in the can of icing ... come my birthday ... I'm SO doing that. Thanks for the NOT SO MUCH Help, LOL LOL LOL

Photos
    View albums

Wear gloves. That's the only solution I can come up with for my frosting addiction. Of course, I have yet to try it because I love icing so much. I keep thinking if I put on some gloves the frosting would taste like plastic and I'd stop licking my fingers.
    I FINALLY finished off the 4th of July cake. I realized this week that I too could really do without the cake part. I'm starting to think I should just put the same amount of frosting in a cup and eat a bit of that every day. It would actually save calories for me since I know I am going to eat the cake if it's there just because of the frosting being attached to it. Hmm, my birthday is next week. Do you think I can convince hubby to just buy a can of frosting and stick a candle in it instead of the whole cake thing?

Photos
    View albums

as long as you aren't eating the icing before it ever makes it to the cake you will be fine!!! When you get it on your finger, stick it on the kids' nose instead of in your mouth!! Oh, might want to decorate the cake outside if you do that though... =) Good luck!!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by stilltryin08 View Post
    Have fun making the cake.......do not over indulge!!!!
    Cake could sit in this house till Christ came back ... I wouldn't touch it.
    It's the icing that I have a fling with on occassion, however, NOT this time ... took my Phen this morning ... so my affair is with that for a little bit.

And it does so much more me than icing, over all satisified ... it's like Men ... sometimes ... we go back to the ones that just aren't all that ... why is that? LOL

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    You are such a complete and total nut case.
    So the professionals tell me

Photos
    View albums

Have fun making the cake.......do not over indulge!!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

You are such a complete and total nut case.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by tinabean View Post
    How about sprinkles? or colored shredded coconut? or they have that spray on icing like painting. Just a suggestions.

And by the way- They are 3 year olds- ( Boys) I know it's been awhile for me but I bet they could decorate ANYTHING!- the box, the wall, the floor etc..... LOL

Have a Good One.

Tina
    Awesome suggestions!

As for them decorating ... you are so right on! They are so talented. hehee

Photos
    View albums

Good luck with that! I made brownies (Fat Free) on the 4th of July and I gained 2 lbs. I didn't eat just one! Thank goodness the next birthday in my family is my son's in September! I can't be around sweets at all!!!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    Yes, I'm tired, dawg dead tired, I take naps daily and I haven't taken my night time sleep aid and I still sleep.

And don't be silly Tina ... 3 year olds can't decorate a pound cake! LOL
    How about sprinkles? or colored shredded coconut? or they have that spray on icing like painting. Just a suggestions.

And by the way- They are 3 year olds- ( Boys) I know it's been awhile for me but I bet they could decorate ANYTHING!- the box, the wall, the floor etc..... LOL

Have a Good One.

Tina

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ok how about this ...

My husband has locks ... does yours????????????

ok, that was funny to me.

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    Hey ... my husbands is Friday's as well, but he is taking that day off so I want to get the cake done.
    Mine is the reverse of his, his is 7/11 mine is 11/7
    When is yours?
    GET OUT!!! That is too funny. I swear we must be kindered spirits. My B-day is 8-8.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    LMAO.... not at the situation, but the fact that I will have to deal with this tomorrow. Friday is my hubby's B-day. I think I will pop a pill tomorrow too.
    Hey ... my husbands is Friday's as well, but he is taking that day off so I want to get the cake done.
    Mine is the reverse of his, his is 7/11 mine is 11/7
    When is yours?

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by tinabean View Post
    GOOD LUCK!, GOOD LUCK!, GOOD LUCK!!

By the way you said no Phen for a week? Any side effects from not taking it daily?
    Just curious because I have gone off for a couple days on and off. Sometimes it's no big deal and other times it's Man I'm So Tired!

How about a pound cake- No icing required! LOL

Good Luck again.

Tina
    Yes, I'm tired, dawg dead tired, I take naps daily and I haven't taken my night time sleep aid and I still sleep.

And don't be silly Tina ... 3 year olds can't decorate a pound cake! LOL

Photos
    View albums

GOOD LUCK!, GOOD LUCK!, GOOD LUCK!!

By the way you said no Phen for a week? Any side effects from not taking it daily?
    Just curious because I have gone off for a couple days on and off. Sometimes it's no big deal and other times it's Man I'm So Tired!

How about a pound cake- No icing required! LOL

Good Luck again.

Tina

Photos
    View albums

LMAO.... not at the situation, but the fact that I will have to deal with this tomorrow. Friday is my hubby's B-day. I think I will pop a pill tomorrow too.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Birthday Cake Alert!

Well to hell with Cake .. it's the Icing that's my weakness.

I'm making my husband's birthday cake today and the boys are over the top excited about helping decorate it.

Icing is my weakness ...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I haven't been on Phen for a week - TODAY I'll pop one most definately!

Wish me luck ladies.