Keepin on Keepin on!

I am so sorry you had such a hard week!! If it helps to know, I am so proud of you and you are so inspirational! That is so awesome to see that you're really changing your lifestyle!!
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

2. Advertising
    advertising

Default Keepin on Keepin on!

Hey all!

Thanks for all the support you showed with my drama last week. For those that don't know what I'm talking about you can read about it here. https://www.phentermine.com/forum/my...senseless.html

Just to give a quick update. The man who killed my brother in law is going before a grand jury to determine whether he will be tried to manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide. Over 1200 people turned out for his funeral. He was very much loved by the community. It was fantastic to see such an outpouring of support!

Sadly, that was just the beginning of what was a very long week for me.

Saturday night, I was out celebrating a friend's birthday when my best friend, and the closest thing I have to family in California, got a call saying his father was being rushed to the emergency room and they thought it was a heart attack. It wasn't a heart attack it was something I'd never heard of before, but it actually is the 10th leading killer of men in the U.S., he had a Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurism. 70% of people bleed out before they make it to the hospital. Sadly, we spent hours coordinating to get him med evaced to another hospital as he lives in the mountains, and that hospital was not equipped for the emergency surgery he needed. 6 hours later at 3 in the morning, we are driving 60 miles to see him before he goes in for surgery. The surgery that was supposed to be 3 hours took 5.5 and the surgeon only gave him a 5% chance of living through the day. My best friend and I sat vigil over his bed talking to him as he came out of his anaesthesia. He is the primary care giver for his wife who has MS and Bells Palsy. We explain to him that his other son is taking care of her, and that he doesn't need to worry he just needs to get better. The family is small, they don't have any extended family, so the two sons (ages 27 and 25) are left with arranging 24 hour care for their mother as they both help run the family business and cannot stay with her. My best friend is also tasked with discussing under what circumstances his father would not want to be put on life support with the head nurse in the ICU. No child should have to go through this, and yet I know all will some day.

After about 30 hours of difficult decisions and a lot of painful waiting, the doctors think he might actually have a chance of making it. As of today his condition has been changed from critical to guarded, and he has been moved from the critical ICU to another ICU for less dire patients. They are hoping to move him to a normal room in a few days. He's not out of the woods yet, but hopefuly in the next few days we'll be safe.

Needless to say, I had one hell of a week folks! I am someone who lives a very drama free life. I live 3000 miles away from my family, I have a very stable job and friends. I rarely have 2 major events like this in 2 years... let alone in the same week!

When I woke for work on Monday morning I can honestly say I've never been more exhausted in my life. I mean normally if I'm physically exhausted I still have my brain and if I'm emotionally exhausted I can still workout, but I was literally physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. I have never woken up and said "I've got nothing." But my boss is out on maternity leave and I'm running the division in her absence. So off to work I go.

It is now Wednesday, and I'm doing much better! I went for a 13.5 mile bike ride both Monday and Tuesday and tonight I went for a 15.5 mile ride! Even on the nights when I thought I had nothing left to give I came up with some reserves.

Anyway, I'm back, and I'm keeping on keeping on. And I appreciate you all listening to me vent, It's good to get it out of my system. I'm impressed I have mostly been able to stick to my diet through all of this and have continued to find the time every day to exercise. It gives me hope that I am truly changing my lifestyle for the better if even during these stressful times I'm remember to take time to improve my life!

Seriously, thank you all for letting me vent!

All my best,
    -Shay aka thin4good.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5