Will power and the choices we make..... it stinks!
    Photos
    View albums

Good luck Nikki.
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

You can do it! One day at a time.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

I feel your pain! I was a smoker years ago. It wasn't easy to quit! My husband smokes on occasion, and the smell of it makes me sick. So at least you know, there is hope! You can do this!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Best of luck to you Nikki

Photos
    View albums

Hang in there Nikki! Please don't give up.

I won't go into all the details because you already know what smoking does to a person. I never smoked but I grew up with a father who smoked 5! packs of cig. a day! When my sister in law passed away of cancer at a very young 32 yrs. old he just said that's it! It hit him so hard! She also smoked- a lot! Now I'm really not getting on a band wagon- I swear. I just have seen first hand too many times what smoking can do. My father quit 23 yrs. ago! Thank God. He will be 80 years old this Aug. 28! He does have problems with breathing though. But he's here

Have you tried the patch? We offer it to all the patients at the hospital when they are smokers.- Just a suggestion.

Again - Good Luck to you Dear Nikki. Take care.

Tina

Photos
    View albums

Been there, done that- after all 3 babies. I'd easily quit the moment the stick turned blue but the moment the baby came sliding out of me the cravings hit me full force and I was wishing they sew a little faster so I could catch a smoke somewhere.

I've talked with my father about quitting smoking. He quit after 30 years (or something like that). He says every once in awhile (he's been smoke free for over 20 years) he STILL craves one. I know- it's not what you want to hear. However, he says the urge passes quickly.

I'm thinking that maintaining weight loss and quitting smoking are going to be similar in that it will always be something we will have to be aware of; once you have "acheived" it, it doesn't mean you stop necessarily. It really stinks, but if that what it takes, I'd rather know now so I can be as prepared as possible when the time comes.

It may help if you visualize what it's doing to your lungs every time you inhale. Picture the smoke traveling down, turning your lungs black, clogging airways, eventually making you a bent over old lady gasping for each breath with a wrinkled from smoking face and tobacco stained fingers and you won't be nearly as old as you look! Ahhhh! Feel how that smoke is burning holes in your lungs with each toke? That's the future right there. See those lines that you've been calling smile lines? See how they are getting deeper? Maybe it's not only the weight loss doing that- maybe the weight loss is just revealing what each puff is contributing to your face.

Did you know I've had gum surgery due in large part to smoking? They don't tell you that you can lose your teeth from this stuff. Sure, you know all about jaw cancer and such; but did you know it can create Periodontitits? I have bacteria in my jaw that will never completely go away and it is EATING the bone in my jaw. My teeth get looser every year. I've had to have some of them pulled already. I will eventually lose all my teeth due to this. Yum false teeth in a glass while trying to get it on with hubby! My face is getting so thin not just from the weight loss, but from losing jaw bone, too!

The surgery to extend the time I have left with my teeth was no picnic either. They don't put you under- they keep shooting Novacaine into you until you're so saturated that your heart races and they have to stop for a bit til it calms down again. The surgery takes about 4 hours, you're awake the whole time, and they are actually cutting away gum line so they can get in there and clean the bacteria out better. You can feel every cut of that scalpel. I have a cap and the stub of the tooth used to be covered with gum. Now it shows clear as day and my periodontist prefers it that way because it's easier for him to get in there and clean. I have to have my teeth cleaned 4 times a year.

The recovery from the surgery? They send you home with a clay-like substance over your teeth and gums that hardens over time. The stitches between each and every tooth are long and both tickle and choke you. The dripping blood covers the clay and you spit blood for days. You can't eat anything- all liquids for a few days. Then they take the clay off, the stitches come out, and you have to rinse with a special fluoride rinse to keep your teeth clean and start densensitizing them. Several times a day. The pain brings you to your knees, but you have to keep doing it. You're on the floor screaming in pain but you have to keep going. I couldn't eat solid food- SOFT solid food like noodles- for 4 months without excruciating pain. I was so hungry at one point I bought a kid sized hamburger and tried to eat it while grocery shopping. It hurt so bad I ended up on the floor for a few minutes until I could get up and go into the bathroom to swish the debris out of my mouth- and that was after just one bite! Do you think public restrooms have warm water to rinse out your mouth? Nope! More pain that shoots from your jaw, up to your head, and down to your toes.

It's been about 7 or so years, and I still have sensitivity issues. The roots of my teeth are exposed. I use prescription toothpaste every that that cost $20 for a measly 3 oz. tube. It helps with the sensitivity, but it has never gone away completely. Don't even get me started on how painful it is for a hygenist to get in there and scrape away the tar that's always on my teeth from smoking. Have you looked at the inside of your teeth lately? Especially the bottom front.

Even the dentist's office doesn't have warm enough water for me to rinse out the gunk. I have to hold it in my mouth until it warms up enough that I can stand the pain.

God forbid I get a chewy, sugary candy stuck in between somewhere!

Just thought I'd let you know....

Photos
    View albums

YOU CAN DO IT NIKKI. SMOKING IS AN ADDICTION JUST LIKE FOOD IS. YOU'RE DOING FINE WITH FOOD. IT MAY BE A LITTLE ROUGH BUT YOU WILL DO FINE WITHOUT YOUR CIGGI.

I NOTICE THAT MAY B-DAY IS A DAY AFTER YOURS. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT SPLURGING ON YOUR B-DAY CUS I SPLURGE WITH FOOD. ANYWAY CANCERIANS CAN DO ANYTHING IF WE PUT OUR MIND TO IT.

CANCERS RULE!!!

Photos
    View albums

SMOKING IS AN ADDICTION. JUST LIKE ANYOTHER DRUG. I ALSO SMOKE AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO QUIT. ASK YOUR DR. ABOUT CHANTIX. IT IS A PILL THAT HELPD U QUIT. BUT IT ONLY WORKS IF U TRUELY WANT TO QUIT. ITS KINDA EXPENSIVE BUT NOT ANYMORE THEN U SPEND ON SMOKING. GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS AND DAM GIRL IF U CAN BE AS STRONG AS U ARE TO LOSE ALL THAT WEIGHT THEN U CAN BET THIS TO. JUST DO IT.

WE ALL HAVE FAITH IN YA.

IF U DO IT THEN I WILL TO. WE CAN HELP EACHOTHER TO BE HOT AND SMOKE FREE. NOTHING WORSE THEN A HOT GIRL WHO SMELLS LIKE A CIG. LOL

Photos
    View albums

Unhappy Will power and the choices we make..... it stinks!

Okay... so in all honesty...since my birthday i have been pretty food crappy here and there and then i got super pnemonia sick... which has cleared and left a mild case of the bronch.... so steriods, food, and my period... its been pretty evil. But i know...that i can pick back up and swing back into things, thats not the problem....

Its this freakin smoking!!!! I went 6 days without one and here I am right now smoking one...like a bonehead!!!! I didn't want it.... it taste like poo the first three i tried. Its such a dang habit.... its worse than food!!! But here comes my mental part... im so afraid to stop .... because i think...aka....convinced myself i will gain back 30lbs due to the lack of oral fixation on this dang cancer stick! I rather smoke than be fat??? So yeah.... i am mildly insane and i see this and i am well aware of my dang decision.... and the whole lot in my life is disappointed in me that i put these dang things back in my mouth.

My original plan was to hit my goal weight and then lose an additional 15lbs so i could cover the weight gain when i tried to quit smoking. I can handle only one pursuit at a time!!!

I had to share this with yall cause if i said this out loud..... someone would smack me!

I do wanna quit...just on my terms and when i am ready to handle this rollercoaster when its starts to slide down the hill

I feel like a crac.khead and a little relieved i said this!
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen