What am I going wrong???
    Photos
    View albums

Default You look great!

Quote Originally Posted by nc_beached_whale View Post
    Too much alcohol is too much sugar and carb and calories. So overdoing it is not going to help lose any weight. Pick out ONE really freakin awesome top shelf drink that you would never choose at a local bar and enjoy the heck out of it. Patron?

But, you know how you get dehydrated after drinking alot, well we are already really dehydrated with phen, so why take a double dose of dehydration.

My dr. said drink on the weekends if you want to, just skip the phen, on the drinking days. Not sure what kind of scary altered state I would be in with a cocktail of amphetamines and vodka. And I am so way past stayin up all night to hug the throne, not gonna risk it.

I love your new Avatar! You look wonderful! Thank you for the reply, that makes perfect sense.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Default Dang Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    Mindalynn, I'm not sure what NC is referring to regarding the alcohol and Phen, but I do know that one time when I was taking Phen last yr...OMG! I got the worst headache of my life!! Here is what happened..My boyfriend and me went out to dinner and we had a few mixed drinks. Then on the way home we stopped and bought a bottle of wine and drank that during the night. In the middle of my romantic evening I got the worst headache of my life. I seriously thought I was having an aneurysm! And the crazy thing was it came on all of sudden, unfortunately right as I was in the process of climaxing (sorry TMI) but the pain hit my head so badly that I almost passed out! It was soo scary. I literally cried and cried. My boyfriend was scared to death after he realized I wasn't screaming in ectasy Poor guy. I felt bad, but my head was killing me. I've never experienced anything like that. Talking hurt, walking hurt, lights hurt, I couldn't even put my head on the pillow, because any pressure on my head hurt. I had to sit up with my eyes closed on the sofa for it to finally stop. We agreed that if by morning it didn't go away I needed to go to the emergency room. Looking back at the incident, I probably should have gone to the hospital. Needless to say, it eventually went away 7hrs later. I never did go to sleep, I was too scared that I wouldn't wake up, that was probably best if it was an aneurysm. The only way I could deal with it was to sit perfectly still in an upright position (on the sofa) I stayed that way for hrs even after it subsided because I was too scared it would come back. It lingered for another day or two but not as intense it dropped down to a regular headache.

When I look back at the incident the only things that were out of the norm for me was the heavy mixture of alcohol (which I normally don't drink) and the Phen. That was enough to scare me from drinking heavily while taking Phen ever! And shortly after that I stopped Phen, I was just plain scared. I just recently got back on it with great results and no problems. But I'm not going to drink heavy with this stuff just in case.
    Thank you for the input! I have been getting some wicked headaches since I started phen - not when I am drinking but towards the end of the day. I take a couple Advil and it seems to work. Wow, I would have been scared too! I am glad all worked out for you!

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Too much alcohol is too much sugar and carb and calories. So overdoing it is not going to help lose any weight. Pick out ONE really freakin awesome top shelf drink that you would never choose at a local bar and enjoy the heck out of it. Patron?

But, you know how you get dehydrated after drinking alot, well we are already really dehydrated with phen, so why take a double dose of dehydration.

My dr. said drink on the weekends if you want to, just skip the phen, on the drinking days. Not sure what kind of scary altered state I would be in with a cocktail of amphetamines and vodka. And I am so way past stayin up all night to hug the throne, not gonna risk it.

See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Mindalynn, I'm not sure what NC is referring to regarding the alcohol and Phen, but I do know that one time when I was taking Phen last yr...OMG! I got the worst headache of my life!! Here is what happened..My boyfriend and me went out to dinner and we had a few mixed drinks. Then on the way home we stopped and bought a bottle of wine and drank that during the night. In the middle of my romantic evening I got the worst headache of my life. I seriously thought I was having an aneurysm! And the crazy thing was it came on all of sudden, unfortunately right as I was in the process of climaxing (sorry TMI) but the pain hit my head so badly that I almost passed out! It was soo scary. I literally cried and cried. My boyfriend was scared to death after he realized I wasn't screaming in ectasy Poor guy. I felt bad, but my head was killing me. I've never experienced anything like that. Talking hurt, walking hurt, lights hurt, I couldn't even put my head on the pillow, because any pressure on my head hurt. I had to sit up with my eyes closed on the sofa for it to finally stop. We agreed that if by morning it didn't go away I needed to go to the emergency room. Looking back at the incident, I probably should have gone to the hospital. Needless to say, it eventually went away 7hrs later. I never did go to sleep, I was too scared that I wouldn't wake up, that was probably best if it was an aneurysm. The only way I could deal with it was to sit perfectly still in an upright position (on the sofa) I stayed that way for hrs even after it subsided because I was too scared it would come back. It lingered for another day or two but not as intense it dropped down to a regular headache.

When I look back at the incident the only things that were out of the norm for me was the heavy mixture of alcohol (which I normally don't drink) and the Phen. That was enough to scare me from drinking heavily while taking Phen ever! And shortly after that I stopped Phen, I was just plain scared. I just recently got back on it with great results and no problems. But I'm not going to drink heavy with this stuff just in case.

Everything happens for a reason

Photos
    View albums

Default How?

Quote Originally Posted by nc_beached_whale View Post
    12 pounds is alot, so be patient and stop getting on the scale. I found that I am happier being suprised.

Go to vegas and have a blast.! Don't drink every day, and no buffets. Unless you want to see 12 pounds show back up. p.s. skip the phen on the days/times you consume alcohol.

Take a few pairs of comfy shoes and walk EVERYWHERE. Vegas has a really great high energy, you will be surprised how much exercise you can get. Drink tons of water, its gonna be hot hot hot out there.

Have fun!
    How does it help to not take Phen when you drink? Just curious... thanks!

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

12 pounds is alot, so be patient and stop getting on the scale. I found that I am happier being suprised.

Go to vegas and have a blast.! Don't drink every day, and no buffets. Unless you want to see 12 pounds show back up. p.s. skip the phen on the days/times you consume alcohol.

Take a few pairs of comfy shoes and walk EVERYWHERE. Vegas has a really great high energy, you will be surprised how much exercise you can get. Drink tons of water, its gonna be hot hot hot out there.

Have fun!
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Talking

As the others said, don't get discouraged cause that only makes you feel down. And we all know what we do when we're feeling down!!

I also agree with everyone else in making sure that you're getting lots of water, but by the sounds of it, you are. Whenever I'm struggling, I journal my eating for a few days to see how I'm doing. It may seem crazy but maybe you're not getting ENOUGH calories. If you're body isn't getting enough calories, it shuts down your metabolism because your body thinks it's starving.

So maybe just reevaluate how many calories your getting in a day. There are plenty of places online that can help you to figure out what you perfect caloric intake should be for the day, but I was told if you take your current weight and multiply it by 7, this will give you the amount of calories you should be getting in a day and still lose weight!

Be patient. As I've heard a million times (and it used to frustrate me), we didn't put this weight on in a month, so we can't expect it to go away that quickly either.

Good luck with your weight loss and good luck in VEGAS!! Talking to my doctor about phen was actually triggered after I developed pictures from the trip my husband and I took to Vegas last September. They made me want to vomit!!

Starting Weight = 231 (3/29/08)
    Started Phen on (4/7/08)
    Current Weight = 193.6 (7/9/08)

My wonderful, supportive family

Photos
    View albums

a pound and a half is perfectly normal after the first couple of weeks. i know it's hard to be patient, but when they say 1-2 pounds a week, they're right! and if you just stick with it those 1-2 pounds will add up and in a few months you'll be down 30 pounds. it's well worth the wait....just keep doing what you're doing, and when you think you can't take one more drink of water, drink more!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

The main things is not to lose faith. Have you measured yourself? It could be that you are losing inches although the scale is not moving.

(((Hugs))))
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

What are you eating? Are you drinking enough water, working out? All these things contribute to how fast you will lose.

Don't get discouraged. You may need to just make a few changes.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

SW 7/3/08: 208
    7/5/08: 204
    7/10/08: 196

GW: 140 lbs.

Photos
    View albums

Are you journeling or logging what you eat? Every bite, lick, taste counts, and adds up rather quickly. I notice when my losses slow if I evaluate what I am actually putting in my mouth the slow down is my own fault. Good luck to you! Have fun in Vegas, I will be flying into Las Vegas this Saturday!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

Default Hang in there

Try not to get discouraged! I know thats hard to do but you are doing all the right things continue to do them. When I work out I wear a heart rate monitor to make sure my heart rate stays up in the fat buring zone. for me it's 150-155 beats per min.
    Hope that little bit of information helps. But really don't loose heart, I have in the past and gained extra lbs.
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Photos
    View albums

Default What am I going wrong???

Okay, I have been on Phen since 6-19, within the first two weeks I lost 12 pounds. This past week the scale has barely moved a pound and a half. I know that the weight slows down. But I have been drinking LOTS of water, excercising, and eating very well. Am I just being impatient and looking for results too fast? I am going to Vegas for the first time ever this weekend and I have been trying SO hard. Any suggestions will help, or tell me if I am being unrealistic.