SIMPLE Meal Choices

Quote Originally Posted by mandagrl1 View Post
    I actually saw this link on yahoo today and this stuff (well most of it) looks fairly easy and very good. All under 300 cals a serving too! Woot!
    http://http://food.yahoo.com/blog/ya...r-300-calories

Other than that, if you don't have one, I would invest in a George Forman or Rocket Grill. Both of them will greatly reduce fat in your food. Stick to light salt (if any....Salt free, way to be! Mrs. Dash isn't bad!). Remember that you can get the small or single servings of steam fresh veggies in the freezer isle of the supermarket now too.

Instead of cooking spaghetti with ground beef and regular pasta, choose ground turkey, wheat pasta and low sugar sauce. Tastes JUST as good, not much more expensive and about half the calories!
    exactly what i was thinking!! it comes with a recipe book too & it has low carb and low fat recipes in there too
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

well, it's not really a healthy meal, but it's a quick one. if you like hamburger helper you could get that.....and if you like tuna then get tuna helper. it's healthIER i looove tuna helper, but i love tuna.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

it's all in his head!!! just hide away an empty bag from the regular pasta and leave it on the counter when you cook the whole wheat pasta, add the sauce so he can't see the color of the noodles and he'll never know that it's health food. LOL

!!!

1/9/09
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 146.00

Thanks for all the responses!!

I guess I sound kind of bad. My dinner meal is usually the worst out of my day but I try not to take in too much fat/cals so I can eat a dinner that won't mess up my diet too bad and that my boyfriend will like. He eats sooo much crap junk food and stays skinny (he's 6'6 im sure that helps). I also forgot to mention that we're pretty limited on cookware and such since I moved in with him. All my stuff is at my old apartment I shared w/my brother and told him to use since me and my boyfriend will be moving into a bigger place in the next couple of months.

Here are some other things I do that I didn't mention before:

I did go buy whole wheat pasta for myself but have to do regular for him.
    I make a fruit salad with the fresh seasonal fruit every week and eat a bowl at lunch.
    I buy the steam in the bag frozen veggies pretty often, but canned corn is still my favorite (I wish I knew how to cook fresh corn). lol
    I currently make a spring salad w/olives, tomatos, and cucumbers in a fat free italian marinade... soooo good as a summer snack.
    I only eat healthy snacks... when I want to splurge ill get the fruit chillers ind. fruit sorbet cups they taste awesome or have some sun chips.
    I will try lean turkey, right now we get the 90/10 Ground Beef.
    Oh and whole wheat tortillas! Gotta have those.

Again, it ****s because my boyfriend is so anti-healthy so I have to buy two of pretty much everything (the good and the junk) and make things seperate (i.e. reg. and whole wheat pasta).

i also have to cook for two and hate having the leftovers because we then eat more than we should. I buy alot of lean ground hamburger meat and take it to the meat counter and have them repackage it into 1/2 pound packages instead of the usual 1 pound (this save having to do it yourself at home before you freeze it). I then just cook it in a skillat with garlic powder, pepper, and something spicey. when it's about half done i mix in a package of frozen mixed vegatables (they have tons of different combinations so you don't get bored with any one). sometimes if i've been short on calories for the day i'll drizzle a little low calorie ranch on it and mix it up on my plate. this is a cheap easy meal and you switch it up with different seasoning and different vegatables, we sometimes eat this 5 nights a week.

!!!

1/9/09
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 146.00

I have a 15 minute low carb cookbook (that's pretty much the name of it too) and I got it on Amazon for about 2 bucks. It is super duper easy and one of the recipes in there is ground beef with bean sprouts and seasonings. I will look it up tonight when I get home and post it for you. I love this book because I don't get home until 1800 as it is so I dont have an hour to cook food for my family. They are hungry and they want food now. Super easy and you can cut all the recipes or double them depending on who you are feeding. Everything still turns out. It has stuff from every type of meat too. It is great. I urge you all to get it if you are pressed for time and there is no fancy cooking techs in it. The only thing you will see is a few weird ingredients like quar and zantham gum but once you buy that, it lasts forever.... Anyone need some blackstrap molasses??? I have a jar that I just can't seem to get through to save my life!! ha ha! good luck
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Pre cooked meats are a good idea for quick stuff...but you still have to watch the sodium on this kinda stuff! It can make you retain water..and show on the scale!

butting in here (sorry)-
    gingerbella-look in the bakery or deli section of your store. For some reason around here they are put on lower shelves or even on a separate stand that you wouldn't normally notice. One brand of pitas you could ask for is "kangaroo bread" and I think for flatbread there's a brand called "flatout" Both are pretty good. We use pitas to make homemade little pizzas.
    Mandy-I agree, if you're going to do veggies, do fresh (like farmers market fresh) or frozen. I'd also suggest getting some fresh fruits and veggies for snacks. If you're doing low carb, dunk the veggies in ranch or thousand island dressing. Different vinegar & oil dressings work too for extra flavor.
    Chipotle salsa is the best! I posted on another thread (mexican?) how to make it-its easy and my kids and I fight over it and can eat it with a spoon!
    With the wraps, when we did low carb, we made turkey, bacon ranch wraps. Use turkey lunchmeat, quick cook bacon (zaps in like 20 secs), cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and ranch dressing.
    Make fresh salads and load them with all kinds of stuff-and try new dressings. The spray ones are good, and a recent fav is raspberry walnut vinaigrette.
    There are also all kinds of pre-cooked options for meat if you need protein.
    I've actually been at a loss lately as to what to cook for supper. I might start a thread for more ideas too!
    n8rgrl

Quote Originally Posted by bxchick1230 View Post
    i am honestly the worst cook and the pickiest eater of all haha... but i always get either whole wheat pita or flatbread. and i get some avocados, tomatos, and chop them up and put it inside, i also cut up one boiled egg... and from time to time, i put a slice of mild cheddar cheese. i heat the pita with cheese on it on broil until the top is a bit crunchy. and then i add the rest in. i put some saltless salt, olive oil, white vinegar and a little pepper.. and its delicious. and it doesnt take me long at all. maybe 5 minutes. and i drink some water, or some orange crystal light. im sure you could add bits or a slice of chicken breast... but unless it was already cooked, i wouldnt cuz it takes too much time.
    Where do you get pita or flatbread? Is it healthy?

Phen Newbie

i am honestly the worst cook and the pickiest eater of all haha... but i always get either whole wheat pita or flatbread. and i get some avocados, tomatos, and chop them up and put it inside, i also cut up one boiled egg... and from time to time, i put a slice of mild cheddar cheese. i heat the pita with cheese on it on broil until the top is a bit crunchy. and then i add the rest in. i put some saltless salt, olive oil, white vinegar and a little pepper.. and its delicious. and it doesnt take me long at all. maybe 5 minutes. and i drink some water, or some orange crystal light. im sure you could add bits or a slice of chicken breast... but unless it was already cooked, i wouldnt cuz it takes too much time.
    Belle
    22 Yrs Old ; 5' 8" ; 350lbs on 06/24/08

07/01/08 ~ 339 lbs
    07/08/08 ~ 333 lbs and 4 in lost total from waist!!

SW Photo

Yeah do frozen veggies instead of canned. MUUUUUUCH healthier for you. The canned veggies are packed with lots of sodium. Same way with anything in a box. Anything processed really. I like to get the sugarsnap pea veggie stir fry and put a lil butter and water and steam it...and put some lemon pepper seasoning on it!

I actually saw this link on yahoo today and this stuff (well most of it) looks fairly easy and very good. All under 300 cals a serving too! Woot!
    http://http://food.yahoo.com/blog/ya...r-300-calories

Other than that, if you don't have one, I would invest in a George Forman or Rocket Grill. Both of them will greatly reduce fat in your food. Stick to light salt (if any....Salt free, way to be! Mrs. Dash isn't bad!). Remember that you can get the small or single servings of steam fresh veggies in the freezer isle of the supermarket now too.

Instead of cooking spaghetti with ground beef and regular pasta, choose ground turkey, wheat pasta and low sugar sauce. Tastes JUST as good, not much more expensive and about half the calories!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy3773 View Post
    I am headed to the grocery store in a few minutes but I thought I would see if I could get some feedback from everyone...

What are some SIMPLE (as in not needing a bunch of ingredients, crazy cooking techniques, or being expensive) meals that I can make for two??

It's just me and my boyfriend so when we go off regular recipes theres always way too much and we don't really eat leftovers. When I cut the ingredient sizes stuff never comes out right. We are both 22 and lack cooking skills.

What are some things we can buy that can be used for multiple meals? I know chicken breast for one. We get canned veggies, rice a roni and precooked sides, etc.

Our usual meals:
    Bertolli Pasta
    Spaghetti
    Sandwiches
    Chicken Quesadillas
    Grilled Cheese
    Chicken breasts w/rice
    Grilled Chicken Salads
    Chipotle
    Panda Express
    Chilis/Applebess/Fridays
    Breakfast (eggs/omelettes, meat and toast or pancakes)

Thanks everyone!!
    Precooked foods and rice a roni have alot of sodium in them...you will have better weight loss if you eliminate these foods and make brown rice instead. there is a brown minute rice ifyu are pressed for time and it is pretty godd.

Try and get whole wheat or whole grain pasta.

I would look online for easy healthy meals....rachel ray has a cookbook (20 minute meals). its hard for me to think of anything off hand. I like to cook but some nights I just don't have time adn that is when i just grill something like chicken and cook veggies on the side, make a salad...simple is best if yoiu aren't big into cooking....

Default SIMPLE Meal Choices

I am headed to the grocery store in a few minutes but I thought I would see if I could get some feedback from everyone...

What are some SIMPLE (as in not needing a bunch of ingredients, crazy cooking techniques, or being expensive) meals that I can make for two??

It's just me and my boyfriend so when we go off regular recipes theres always way too much and we don't really eat leftovers. When I cut the ingredient sizes stuff never comes out right. We are both 22 and lack cooking skills.

What are some things we can buy that can be used for multiple meals? I know chicken breast for one. We get canned veggies, rice a roni and precooked sides, etc.

Our usual meals:
    Bertolli Pasta
    Spaghetti
    Sandwiches
    Chicken Quesadillas
    Grilled Cheese
    Chicken breasts w/rice
    Grilled Chicken Salads
    Chipotle
    Panda Express
    Chilis/Applebess/Fridays
    Breakfast (eggs/omelettes, meat and toast or pancakes)

Thanks everyone!!