Fast Food

Thread: Fast Food

yeah youre so right. i very rarely have fast food, but with the kids home from school its just convenient.....so of course i have to get something for myself...i'm just mad i had that stupid salad....the lettuce was kind of nasty anyway.....

next time i'm having the baconator instead...LOLOLOL

JUST KIDDING

2. Advertising
    advertising

a lot of times i just won't eat when i'm in a situation like that, but if i'm starving then i just get a kid's meal and drink water. it's usually a cheeseburger and small fry, or 4 chicken nuggets and a small fry. it's not too bad if you eat that kind of portion, and then just eat really healthy the rest of the day.....or the next day if it's dinner you ate. i really don't stress about it too much cus it's not something that happens every day.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

I normally get a Happy Meal from McD's or Kidsmeal from Wendy's, if I'm in a situation like that. Because I'm doing weight watchers, I normally keep some extra flex points on reserve for situations like that.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mandagrl1 View Post
    I know at McDonalds a cheeseburger with just mustard and ketchup is less cals than any salad or grilled chicken item on the menu.

The key when ordering anything from a fast food joint is PORTIONS. Most of them are HUGE. Skip mayo, take off the top of the bun, eat half, then really check yourself before you eat the other half. If you sigh, you're full. Stop eating. Throw it away or ruin it with salt. Just get rid of it! No fries and drink WATER!
    GREAT idea , I used to do that when i was doing low carb (take the bun off). Problem is when you see what the meat patty looks like it becomes unappetizing...bleh..gray meat..
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

I had BLT chicken salad at wendy's today, with the salad that thing came out to 10.5 WW points (not that I count points) and a jr. hamburger would have been 6.....for real y'all what a dope I am!

Quote Originally Posted by sassychica View Post
    But the thing about ordering grilled chicken from fast food places is that the grilled chicken can be just as bad, if not worse than a cheeseburger. Tyra did a segment on this once.
    Very true! I guess it's a mental thing for me. LOL! I think of chicken being less fatty than a burger. I did see the segment on Tyra and the key is to see the nutritional info on each. I like to do the grilled chicken no bun just because I really can' t tolerate beef too much any more and I don't want the carbs either.

Everything happens for a reason

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html#K

This website has alot of restaraunts and fast food chains. It tells you the calories, fat, and ww points. I have found it helpful.

I know at McDonalds a cheeseburger with just mustard and ketchup is less cals than any salad or grilled chicken item on the menu.

The key when ordering anything from a fast food joint is PORTIONS. Most of them are HUGE. Skip mayo, take off the top of the bun, eat half, then really check yourself before you eat the other half. If you sigh, you're full. Stop eating. Throw it away or ruin it with salt. Just get rid of it! No fries and drink WATER!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny D View Post
    Sometimes I do the grilled chicken sandwich minus the bun. They look at you funny when you order it but they make it. They just put the chicken in between lettuce slices with some tomato and it works for me, especially when I want something different.
    But the thing about ordering grilled chicken from fast food places is that the grilled chicken can be just as bad, if not worse than a cheeseburger. Tyra did a segment on this once.

Sometimes I do the grilled chicken sandwich minus the bun. They look at you funny when you order it but they make it. They just put the chicken in between lettuce slices with some tomato and it works for me, especially when I want something different.

Everything happens for a reason

How about getting the burger minus mayo and minus the bread....?
    Weight in 2003 : 190lbs
    After 10 months of phentermine : 137lbs
    After college ( lots of stress and fast food) : 164lbs
    7/9/08: 139.6 FINALLY THE SCALE IS MOVING stopping phen ( medical reasons)
    Yea---ive blowwwnnn it this time
    9/05/08 150.0
    9/17/08 148.2 Back on phen again

Thumbs down Fast Food

Ugh, I don't know if it was because I was off phen for 5 days or because I was super hungry but I got in a bad mood!

My boyfriend wanted in and out (only burgers and fries) so I assumed he would get his food then we would go somewhere where I would get something healthier. I started thinking and anything drive through that was going to be healthy was salads or maybe subs (quiznos, port of subs, subway etc) I eat a sandwich for lunch almost everyday and I just wasn't feeling a salad.

I was pretty pissed because he wanted to eat and I was sooo hungry but yet all there was available was greasy fried fast food. I finally settled on a baked potato and plain cheeseburger from wendy's (both I threw out because they tasted horrible!!)

So now I sit hungry and ready to go get a nice cheeseburger from jack in the box lol
    I am going to run to the grocery store and get some stuff for the week but I am hungry now!

Ok long ranting post... the question I have is what do/can you get from a fast food place BESIDES salads that are low cal/low fat and healthy???