Anyone carb cycling? I need some info

Thanks! I didn't see your post when I posted, sorry ! Where did you get your information on what to eat? Do you have a website or book you recommend? I know I have a book with all the answers, I just feel so lost about it right now (only read 1 chapter). It's a whole new way of eating I have to learn! Do you get to eat dessert? What about steak (NY strip, etc)? Can you give us a sample menu for carb up and down days? Sorry to be such a pain Thanks!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie

You'll get the hang of it!
    You get to know what you should eat, and about how much equals a balanced meal. It only takes about a week of really calculating until you can visually know what to eat, and how much. The best thing to do is spend the first week really evaluating how much of your favorite fruits, veggies, salads, meats, etc. equals the right amount of calories & % of carbs, protein & fat.
    After that, you can pretty much eye it, and know. I have gotten obsessed with reading the nutritional labels on food before I even put it in my shopping cart. That way, I know what and how much I can eat.

I have the same question. I bought the book Crack the Fat-Loss Code, but I never have time to read. I am hoping to finish it and understand carb cycling by the time I start doing it in 2 weeks. I have done WW for so long, it's just second nature to count points, so easy. I have done Atkins too, and that was very easy as well. I am extremely nervous about counting carbs and calories. The best thing about Atkins was that you could eat all those fatty meats and still lose weight!

Phen Newbie

Wink it's all the same

the carb cycling is the same as what body builders do, the only difference is what you do with the weights. The goal is to burn the highest amount of fat while "feeding the muscle", not necessarily bulking up the muscle. The amount of muscle you build depends on the way you workout.
    The carb cycling works because it doesn't let your body think that you are starving during your 3 days of low carbs & calories. On the 4th day is when you eat more calories by way of more carbs (making sure that you don't binge on day 4) just increase your calories.
    It is a way of eating that is very productive, and seems to work for me. because I can always look forward to day 4, which keeps me focused and disciplined on days 1-3.

Here is my routine:
    days 1-3 1000-1200 calories
    40% carb (complex, fibrous carbs coming from veggies/salads & starchy carbs coming from brown rice, beans, yams, oatmeal),
    40% Lean protein,
    20% good fat (nuts, seeds, natural peanut butter, olives, fish fats, olive oil)

day 4 - cycling day 1200-1400
    50-55% carb
    30% lean protein
    15-20 % good fat

Be careful not to go below 25% carbs (about 90-100 grams for women). Your carbs are your energy for exercise, and you need the exercise as well.

I know it will work for you.
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by imagr8mom; July 8th, 2008 at 12:08 PM.

I havent done it in a while, but I think I'll start soon. When I did I'd eat like 50-70 on my high days, and 20-30 on my low days. This is a good thread about carb-cycling

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=199958
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Silver Phenster

Question Anyone carb cycling? I need some info

I've been considering carb cycling since first hearing about it on this board. I was wondering if anyone out there is doing this cause I have some questions.

Most of the on-line articles that I find are about carb cycling for bodybuilders. I'm, obviously, interested in carb cycling for fat loss not to gain maximum amount of muscle. So the number of carbs and length of a bodybuilders cycle I do not think would apply properly to what I want to accomplish.

If you are carb cycling what does your carb cycle look like? How many days do you carb down? How many days do you carb up? Do you have moderate carb days? How many grams of carbs are you consuming on the various days? Also, how much protein and fat is in your diet?

I'm considering buying the book Crack the Fat-Loss Code or The Carb Cycle Diet. My ultimate goal is to lose the fat and gain some muscle. Not bodybuilder quantity, I want to be lean and strong though.