Meal replacements shakes

I use medifast shakes (lots of vitamins) sometimes with diet soda and ice in a blender and GNC also has some good whey or soy powders that are good. Also Netrition.com also sells some good protein powders. One of my favorite brands is Champion. There are tons of protein powders and ready mix drinks. I personaly do not like EAS or Slim Fast, but I will drink them sometimes due to the convenience.

2. Advertising
    advertising

I like the EAS shakes but i don't have them all the time, just when I dn't have time for breakfast or lunch...I don't know how healthy the slim fast plan is..I tried doing it once and was always hungry, and i missed chewing on regular food....
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

I got dry mouth really bad from the Slim Fast shakes and that was before starting Phen. My dr. suggested a Whey Protein Powder that I get at Wal-mart ($12 for a big Jar). I bought both the Chocolate and Vanilla. With the Chocolate I can add skim milk and it is really good. With Vanilla - I will blend in strawberries, raspberries, blueberries - whatever I have in the fridge to make a smoothie with my skim milk. I wasn't crazy about the vanilla plain!

Quote Originally Posted by QNECOLE View Post
    Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I was going to try the slim fast shakes but was unsure of how they would taste. Any favorites out there? BENSON 012094 if you have any good smoothie recipes I would appreciate those too. My problem with smoothies and shakes is that I really do not like milk or a milky taste. I never liked milk shakes or ice cream and for the most part most of my dairy intake comes from either eggs or cheese. I don't really have an intolerance but when I force myself to eat yogurt or when I try to have drink most of the milk in my cereal I do get a little crampy sometimes but I am willing to try it if it will work.
    Becca

1st minigoal - 210 lbs - MET June 1, 2008
    2nd minigoal - 199 lbs - MET July 17, 2008
    3rd minigoal - 185 lbs

SW - 219 5-12-08
    CW - 208 6-12-08 - 1 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 204.6 7-1-08 - August 1 10lb Challange Start
    CW - 201 on 7-11-08 - 2 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 201.4 on 7-15-08 - 2nd Week check in for Challange!
    CW - 201.0 on 7-21-08 - 3rd Week check in for Challange

Down 3.6 lbs for August 1 - 10lb challange.

Bronze Phenster

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I was going to try the slim fast shakes but was unsure of how they would taste. Any favorites out there? BENSON 012094 if you have any good smoothie recipes I would appreciate those too. My problem with smoothies and shakes is that I really do not like milk or a milky taste. I never liked milk shakes or ice cream and for the most part most of my dairy intake comes from either eggs or cheese. I don't really have an intolerance but when I force myself to eat yogurt or when I try to have drink most of the milk in my cereal I do get a little crampy sometimes but I am willing to try it if it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeShell View Post
    They actually do make sugar free (at least in the powder form). My mom bought it on accident once. It comes in a blue box instead of yellow. I avoid artificial sweetners, so I never tried it.
    I will have to look for it...thanks!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

I drink slim fast in the morning and to make it even better I blend it with ice to make it a shake.It last almost 4 hours before I'm hungry again.I have taken the advice of my doc and nibble throughout the day on fruit,veggie,yogurt,different low calorie stuff because he recommened to keep the metabolism up where your body doesn't think it's starving you have to eat 5-6 mini meals a day,I also have started a food diary because I'm trying to stay on a 1200 calorie intake.My suggestion to help with snaking as well is water sometimes we think we're hungry but our body is just thirsty,I drink sooo much water that I feel like I may float away.I'm also taking the phen and exercise everyday.
    Goodluck and stay motivated.

Bronze Phenster

They actually do make sugar free (at least in the powder form). My mom bought it on accident once. It comes in a blue box instead of yellow. I avoid artificial sweetners, so I never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeShell View Post
    I LOVE Carnation Instant Breakfast. I have tried MANY other shakes and drinks and they all fail compared to this! I buy the powder and mix it with skim milk. It's not specifically a "diet" food, but it's so full of vitamins and minerals and tastes yummy! Lately I have been blending it up with some natural peanut butter and some ground flaxseed. It's about 335 calories that way. YUM!!
    I wish they made this sugar free...it would be nice to have something like that to just grab and go
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Bronze Phenster

I LOVE Carnation Instant Breakfast. I have tried MANY other shakes and drinks and they all fail compared to this! I buy the powder and mix it with skim milk. It's not specifically a "diet" food, but it's so full of vitamins and minerals and tastes yummy! Lately I have been blending it up with some natural peanut butter and some ground flaxseed. It's about 335 calories that way. YUM!!

I HAVE AN ATKINS SHAKE FOR BREAKFAST AND LUNCH WITH A FRUIT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS.

IF U PUT THE ATKINS SHAKES THE ONES THAT COME IN THE BOX NOT THE CAN IN THE FREEZER FOR 1-2 HOURS THEY ARE AWSOME. ALMOST LIKE ICECREAM LOL. THEY ARE SO GOOD THAT A FEW PEOPLE FROM WORK THAT ARE NOT ON A DIET HAVE BOUGHT THEM.

THEY HAVE 15 GRAMS OF PROTIEN AND ONLY 1 NET CARB

I take JUICE PLUS. Its a great product all the FRUITS and GREENS you need withouth the calories and spending all that money on fruits...This product has RESEARCH on it..its not your just another product without scientific research...look into it you won't regret it. My distirbutor is Lizzette go to her website

www.getintoyourhealth.com

good luck

Wish I could help, but I've never been a fan of the shakes. I go more towards smoothies.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

I used to drink a lot of slim fast shakes back in January(b4 the phen). It helped me lose about 5lbs but then I gained 2 back lol. Now I drink a lot of Atkins shakes(sorta expensive & not as tasty as slim fast) b/c I'm def. not a breakfast person and it helps to get in the cals u need. Special K also has a lot of stuff for meal replacements: the cereal (yum!) the bars and the shakes(sorta taste chalky to me).
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

I have the same problem. SNACK SNACK SNACK. I will get bored and just nibble on a little here a little there. One day I finally decided to add up all my snack calories...and it was near 1500 for one day just in snacks.

I just started slim fast optima. Went and bought shakes and their bars, plus their snack bars. This plan allows you to have a shake plus an apple , or grapes, etc. You are allowed to have 200 calories of whatever you want with each shake. So, this helps me. So for breakfast I may have the drink, while when i get the urge to snack a little later I can have an apple or banana. These drinks are lower calories than the normal slim fast and they have extra protien that is supposed to keep you fuller for longer ( up to four hours )

But most it takes will power to stay awayyyyyyyy from the fridge. I went and bought alot of different no calorie drinks and I have been drinking them with straws, it really helps with wanting to put food in my mouth.

I started the slim fast program on Sunday, and I have lost one lb so far. Im not sure if its because I stuck to my diet or if its b.c i have been working out more. But whatever the case is, its a pound.

Hope this helps
    Weight in 2003 : 190lbs
    After 10 months of phentermine : 137lbs
    After college ( lots of stress and fast food) : 164lbs
    7/9/08: 139.6 FINALLY THE SCALE IS MOVING stopping phen ( medical reasons)
    Yea---ive blowwwnnn it this time
    9/05/08 150.0
    9/17/08 148.2 Back on phen again

Bronze Phenster

Default Meal replacements shakes

Hello all. I have tried phen before absolutely loved it. I lost 21 pound in about 6-7 weeks but had to stop because of other health issues unrelated to phen. I am taking straight phen 37.5 at this point I am not taking any other meds or supplements. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Any suggestions on what other supplements I should add. I get my phen from my primary care doctor so I don't have access the extra things that weight loss clinics offer. (though I wish I did) One of my biggest questions is does anyone know of any good meal replacement shakes. I would like to start to at least replace one meal a day with one. Just to jumpstart my weightloss-shrink the stomach they say. I am a eater that just eats when she it bored and I don't always eat when I am hungry. So I figure if I had a shake or something to sip on i could probaly control my bad snacking. Any suggrstions? Thanks