Started 1 week ago... think I'm already confused!!!
    Photos
    View albums

I take mine in the morning. I had some of the same problems as you when I started taking it. SOOOO I take my pill then I eat and then in the middle of the day when I am ready to pass out at my keyboard I take a 1000mg B-12.

Any time that I eat breakfast (which is more often than not these days) I am usually STARVING by like 11AM. But even starving when I go to have my lunch at 1PM I dont inhale the table!

I usually drink those special K protien water's when I am starving - it helps a lot.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I was instructed to take mine (I take phenD 4pills a day)in the morning, but I change it sometimes. I take it after breakfast if I want the pill to help me more with mid-day eating. First thing in the morning is good because you may/may not eat all your breakfast. Just play with it and see how you want to take it. I usually do mine in the morning so I can get that energy boost. Also if your taking your pill late in the evening (after 4 or 5ish) that can make you stay up late. Trust I have taken it after 5 and it affects my sleep.

Photos
    View albums

I was told by my dr to take 2 hours after breakfast, well, now I take first thing in the morning because it helps me get it out the way and it works longer too!!!!!!!!!!!! It is important to find what works for you!!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I take mine before I eat .. and waiting an hour.

However .. I can also take mine later in the after noon as long as it's a least 2 hours since I've last eaten.

It does not work one bit if I have food in my stomach.

Hope that helps.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I usually take mine about 30 minutes before I eat and that ends up being at 7:30 or 8:00 most mornings. Congrats on your 4 lbs!

Photos
    View albums

I was told either take it 2 hours before breakfast or a couple hours after breakfast. I do the before breakfast thing. I take it right when I get up. You have to figure out what works for you. The side effects of Phen can also change from person to person. I have a little difficulty with the sleep thing sometimes, but I find that I don't have any other side effects. You may be tired in the middle of the day because you aren't sleeping and because you are in front of the computer. I know that being in front of the computer for a prolonged time makes me tired too. The hunger that seems to be coming during the day could be many things. How much are you eating? What are you eating when you are hungry? How often do you eat? You want to make sure that you drink lots of water. Sometimes hunger pains actually mean you are tirsty. Water will help with the weight loss, BMs, and other things.

I don't know how much help I have been. Good luck and congrats on your 4 lb loss.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Started 1 week ago... think I'm already confused!!!

Hello! I'm a newbie, who started last week (7/1/08) and have already lost 4 pounds!!! Woo hoo! I'm sure it's all water weight, but I'll take it.
    I just turned 30 on Saturday - my goal is to be at my goal weight by my 31st birthday. Right now my goal is 140, but I would love to see 130 or 125 some day...sigh...

When my PA prescribed the phen to me, she told me to take it on an empty stomach in the morning, then eat after that. When I took the prescription to the pharmacy, the pharmacist told me the best way to take it is right after a full breakfast..

So, my first day I took it after I had breakfast - noticed the very increased alertness (didn't go to bed until 3:30am, yikes!) and was not hungry AT ALL.

Either the next day, or the day after that I listened to my PA, and took it before I ate, and thought that maybe I had done it wrong, because my experience a day or 2 later was different than the first day.

I switched back to taking it after I eat breakfast, and I have noticed that after only a few days taking phen I'm starting to get a little hungry again (sometimes starving) and while I fill up faster, I'm worried that I'm already building a tolerance. I also notice that I am really tired mid day and have to fight rubbing my eyes (I work at a computer all day which could be part of that problem). Then, I'm awake again at night.

Is there really a "right" and "wrong" way to take phen? I'm taking the 30mg capsule... I have read some info on phen and they all say to take it first thing in the morning 2 hours before eating. Will this make a difference? Am I basically "soaking up" all the phen when I actually take the capsule RIGHT after I eat in the morning?

Sorry so long!!!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!
    ~*~*~*~*Amber*~*~*~*~*
    I am going to be "Wildly Successful"!!! Thank you Sue!!!
    219 - SW
    213 - Joined Weight Watchers 06/08
    211 - Started Phen 07/01/08
    207 - 7/7/08!
    201 - 7/22/08!
    200 - 7/25/08
    199!!! - 8/2/08
    195 - 8/11/08
    193 - 8/18/08
    183 - 9/29/08
    179 - 10/22/2008 - 40 pounds gone forever!!!!!