Stress = Weight gain!!
    Photos
    View albums

I gained all my weight in 2.5 yrs while at this stressfull crappy job!!!!! There were other factors but I feel this stress had a HUGE amount to do with it
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yes mam' this is true!!!! I gained over 30lbs while working a stressful job. It was not until I left the job and position that I began losing weight again!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Photos
    View albums

Sorry to hear that! I would not no what I would do if I thought my mom was mad at me. She's the best. I'm sure this is very hard for you. Hope it gets worked out soon.

As for emotional eating- Right there with ya!! I wish I could be one of those people that are so upset they "Can't Eat??"!!

Back in 1994 my oldest son (now 19) who was 5 at the time and I were in a bad car accident- ( I was driving and ran into the back of a moving van) purely an accident but
    he was badly injured. He's ok now. Many years of guilt !

Three months inpatient care- I lived off of Milky Way Bars, Synders Honey Mustard Preztels and MOUNTAIN DEW! - That will add up to a Few Pounds- Try like 30+++!

Anything munchie when I'm upset- Lookout - Entire bags of Peanut M&M's, Twizzlers,
    and Gummy Bears!

Take care and Call your Mom

Tina

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

So sorry - that really bites .. having a fight with your mom. I hope today is the day you both reach for the phone at the same time ... or one of you sends flowers or a special pair of earrings or some form of peace offering.

Or if you are just beyond p i s s ed, try to chanel that into something positive .. and vow to not let it effect your physical well being one more day / pound.

Sorry girl.

Photos
    View albums

Default Seriously!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    I have definite proof that stress leads to weight gain, IMMEDIATE weight gain! I got into a really big argument with my mother on the 4th and we have gone 3 days now without speaking. I have been completely stressed out about it because she really is my best friend. I got on the scale this morning and I was up 2 lbs! I know I didn't exercise as much as normal over the long weekend and I didn't eat the best things, but I wouldn't say that I cheated. I had one brownie and one glass of wine on the 4th. I completely avoided the hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. I truly believe that the stress from this fight with my Mom has led to this gain.

Anyone else experience something stressful that immediately led to weight gain?

Honestly, two weeks ago I prolly wouldn't have believed this! BUT I TOO HAD A FALL OUT WITH MY MOM, AND MOTHER IN LAW... ::ADADUUUNNNNN::: I can feel the weight gain and it ****s!!! I am sooo for real going to make a mends with both of them because I don't like this. ***Sometimes, its better to be the BIGGER person to apologize first..***

I'll letcha know how it goes.
    S
    I am no longer fighting the world to prove I am comfortable being A BIG girl.. Because I was only fighting myself...

On a mission, not looking back at what I was, but starting a new me..

Photos
    View albums

OMG SO TRUE!!!!!
    I had a hard time losing weight, and I gain very easily!!!! I have to watch it very carefully when my family is around!!!! I've learn to keep them at a very very far away!!!!
    =D

just think of 'danger will robinson, danger'.. lol
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

stress = weight gain is definitely true! this summer i was taking two classes that lasted 4 weeks, and in spring/fall semesters they last about 5 months. sooo, i had the same exact amount of work to do, but WAY less time to do it. school, plus work, plus kids stressed me out MAJORLY. i was staying up til 1 a.m. and waking up at 5 a.m. i stopped exercising like i had been, stopped eating like i should....it was horrible. i never realized until then that stress is my personal issue with food and weight. i think it was raquel who told me that recognizing it is the first step to overcoming it.......so true! it will pass..........

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Yup, for shaw.....when under stress like that the body releases cortisol and other hormones that make us gain weigth and makes it hard to lose.....it is almost as if the weight is gained overnight....it totally stinks.

I hope you make up with your mom soon ...life is too short to fight and not speak to family.

Photos
    View albums

YES IT DOES!! That's how I gained 30lbs of the 50lbs I lost back. Didn't change eating habits, but extreme stress(fighting with hubby and almost separating 4 times in 3 month) deff. made my body hold onto everything. I even asked my dr. about it and she said stress will deff. make you gain weight without eating more.

Photos
    View albums

Default Stress = Weight gain!!

I have definite proof that stress leads to weight gain, IMMEDIATE weight gain! I got into a really big argument with my mother on the 4th and we have gone 3 days now without speaking. I have been completely stressed out about it because she really is my best friend. I got on the scale this morning and I was up 2 lbs! I know I didn't exercise as much as normal over the long weekend and I didn't eat the best things, but I wouldn't say that I cheated. I had one brownie and one glass of wine on the 4th. I completely avoided the hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. I truly believe that the stress from this fight with my Mom has led to this gain.

Anyone else experience something stressful that immediately led to weight gain?
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)