Don't you hate it when..........
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

This sounds like my aunt and cousin. Anytime my aunt sees me or my sister she says some crap about we need to give her whatever outfit we happen to have on because we gained weight and can't fit it anymore. The thing is, she's bigger than both of us (she just doesn't have the T&A).

My cousin would do this when we were younger. I wasn't fat when I was younger, but I had the womanly curves and got all the male attention. If we were around a guy my cousin would try to point out things - like she'd say something like "girl, your thighs are getting big". Jealousy, I tell ya.
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

SLAP, SLAP, SLAP them! That's what I'd like to do.

My 80-yr old aunt said that to me right after I gave birth to my 2nd son at a family reunion. "You got BIG"! Unbelievable! I had to sort of laugh with embarrassment and said something like, "well I have a good reason, Aunt Claire, I was pregnant for nine months with this little guy.

I've also heard it from my husband's aunt, his older sister and my uncle.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

I am glad NO ONE I know has ever said anything about me being heavy to my face...I know they TALK behind my back...my family is notorious for this...but never to my face....so I too am looking forward to seeing them at the end of this week, being within spitting distance to my goal! The last time they saw me I was 215lbs!!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

yes this has happened to me many many many times. growing up, my dad and brothers made it their mission in life to let it be known that i was not as thin as they are...
    my mothers side of the family also make their own little comments.
    altough i've never really been "fat" just thicker than they
    SW 6/19/08 219
    CW 7/1/08 208 -11 lbs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzRWNJy/]

Photos
    View albums

I hope you knock em dead when they see you the next time and you are looking all smokin' hot! And I pray they are not like some of the people in my family....lol one time after I lost 60 pounds a few years ago (after being at my heaviest weight ever) I went to a funeral and my great uncle was there and he looked at me and said "Amber you look great, YOU USED TO BE HUGE!" lol he could have left that part out in my opinion. Some people just spit out words without thinking how they come across to others.

My Perfect Baby

HT: 6'0"
    Pregnant right now...will be posting goals in December to lose the baby weight.
    Main goal: I wanna look good naked and of course have a healthy BMI. At 162 for my height my BMI would be the perfect 22

Photos
    View albums

Umm yeah...my friend (who has always been little) has put on some weight ..but a little weight but it looks great on her always skinny self, went to 4th gathering, and someone in her husbands fam said girl u looking a lil chunky. She wanted to die. I was like girl pleaaaze you are not fat. If u have gained weight it looks good because she always so small. She was tryn to go see my weight doc.

Photos
    View albums

My uncle does this all the time!!!! He has nothing else to say, limited vocabulary in my opinion. He is a great guy, but...........what can you say! When your family see's you again, I wonder what their reaction will be then!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Ohhhh you'll enjoy the end of this year ... LOL

Photos
    View albums

I get that alot from family. They sai "when are you gona lose some weight" or "Don't you think you need to go on a diet and lose some weight so you don't die" It really pisses me off that they say that. But on the other hand....all of my SKINNY cousins that made fun of me when we were younger are middle aged and are gaining weight, some ALOT of weight. I went to my grand-fathers funeral back in September of last year and saw a few I hadn't seen in years. The only thing I could do was grin like a possom and think to myself KARMA IS A B*I*T*C*H!!!!!!!
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Photos
    View albums

My daughters grandmother did that to me once. I hadn't seen her in a few months and my daughter was only about 4 months and the first thing she says to me is "wow!! You've really gained weight!" I wanted to punch her in the mouth

Photos
    View albums

I completely understand JsMom!! Unfortunately some of my relatives are not ones to hold their tongues either, regardless if it will hurt your feelings or not. I've gotten the same comments or ones like "you've picked a little weight, huh, must be really happy" Or "I don't remember you being that big."

Girl you just do the darn thing and show them!! Success is the sweetest revenge!

Everything happens for a reason

Photos
    View albums

WOW! I can honestly say that no one has ever said that to me before. I am sure they said it behind my back, but never to my face! How rude!!!!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Default Don't you hate it when..........

you see friends or family members that you have not seen in a while and they say stupid things " Ohhh girl I see you gained some weight, but you look good though" and all you can do is try to be polite, smile and look like the cat that swallowed the canarie.
    Since when in the heck is being called fat a compliment?

This was the situation that I was in the last time I saw old friends and family back home in NY. I'm going back to visit at the end of the year and can't wait for them to see me after I hit or am close to my goal.

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9