A Good Shaving Alternative??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by momkat View Post
    I only wish I could afford the best alternative to shaving. I had a coupon once to get a free bikini area done with laser hair removal. Now, with laser hair removal it can take a few sessions to get all the hair because each hair has to be in a growth stage for the laser to detect it. Also they say it works best on people with fair skin and darker hair. But when I went only one time it made a huge difference! I haven't shaved since then and it's been a month or two. I don't have very much hair growing in those places because most of them got killed forever, yay@!! It can hurt but they now have a really good numbing cream you put on a while before your appointment. I only wish I could get my bikini, legs and underarms completely done but it is very expensive!!
    How much are we talking here?? Shaving ain't doing it for me... I too have the pale/fair skin with jet black and thick leg hair. Weird, every hair on my body is thick as h*ll and jet black except the hair on the TOP of my head which is light brown. I thought all your hair was supposed to match??
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Default The BEST alternative to shaving

I only wish I could afford the best alternative to shaving. I had a coupon once to get a free bikini area done with laser hair removal. Now, with laser hair removal it can take a few sessions to get all the hair because each hair has to be in a growth stage for the laser to detect it. Also they say it works best on people with fair skin and darker hair. But when I went only one time it made a huge difference! I haven't shaved since then and it's been a month or two. I don't have very much hair growing in those places because most of them got killed forever, yay@!! It can hurt but they now have a really good numbing cream you put on a while before your appointment. I only wish I could get my bikini, legs and underarms completely done but it is very expensive!!
    Started Phen 7/2/08
    SW: 177
    Height: 5'5"

8/6/08
    8/13/08
    8/20/08
    8/27/08
    9/3/08
    1st Goal: 164 by August 1st (-10lbs in 4 weeeks) MET! 7/19/08
    2nd Goal: 149 by September 28rd (-15lbs)
    GW: 135 by Christmas 2008

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Dang I can't see it.

But it's still dang funny.

Photos
    View albums

LMAO - thanks for the visual aid!!!!!!!! Its about right too!!!
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

IMG]http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn466/Rocspics2008/180px-Male_silverback_Gorilla.jpg[/IMG]

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    i never heard of that before...i don't get it......

Like a Gorilla in the mist is my sperm doner!

And to boot when she got rid of him she went and found the tallest, lanky-est, palest Irish bean pole she could find.

Mom marries by her mood swings it seems!!!!!

I have tried the deodorant........I dance too so I used to use that one all the time but it wouldnt work say if you "just" shaved and then got into some heavy activity and what-not. Its really only effective if your using it a few hours after you shave. This Noxema stuff is awsome.

Photos
    View albums

i never heard of that before...i don't get it......

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by FattyRella View Post
    I found that after I started moisturizing like a maniac.......once in the morning and then LATHER it on at night and sleep in those stretch pants legging deals (its like wrapping yourself in saran wrap - lol) that I did not get the stubble effect.

Im Italian......very Italian......my mom went ahead and found herself the shortest, darkest, hairy-est (lol-sp?) silverback she could find to breed with and to top it off the little dribble of Irish in me causes PALE PALE PALE sensitive irish skin and thick jet black hair. I would shave and still feel stubble and all the creams dont even think about taking the hair off much less do so plus I get bad reactions.

Since I started the lotion ritual its been working pretty well and my skin feels awsome. I use Quench lotion during the day - I have noticed it has a little shine to it and then I use Aveeno hair minimizing lotion at night

ANNNNNNNND for bikini area - Noxema has this new spray for after shaving......I noticed a HUGE difference in the red bumps the very first time I used it.
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "Silverback" LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO omg that was funny.

Photos
    View albums

FattyRella: about the bikini line area...One of my friends who is a "dancer" told me to use solid deodorant on the bikini area after shaving. It has helped TONS with the bumps!!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by anna_balt View Post
    while watching tv earlier, my husband tweezed my leg...didn't hurt too bad. now i just have to get him to do my other leg. it was an exciting night at my house!
    OUCHHH!

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Photos
    View albums

i have a suggestion.......pants! haha, just kidding. i don't know.....i always go with the huge pack of cheap, pink bic razors and do a quick run over every day. i hate shaving!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

I found that after I started moisturizing like a maniac.......once in the morning and then LATHER it on at night and sleep in those stretch pants legging deals (its like wrapping yourself in saran wrap - lol) that I did not get the stubble effect.

Im Italian......very Italian......my mom went ahead and found herself the shortest, darkest, hairy-est (lol-sp?) silverback she could find to breed with and to top it off the little dribble of Irish in me causes PALE PALE PALE sensitive irish skin and thick jet black hair. I would shave and still feel stubble and all the creams dont even think about taking the hair off much less do so plus I get bad reactions.

Since I started the lotion ritual its been working pretty well and my skin feels awsome. I use Quench lotion during the day - I have noticed it has a little shine to it and then I use Aveeno hair minimizing lotion at night

ANNNNNNNND for bikini area - Noxema has this new spray for after shaving......I noticed a HUGE difference in the red bumps the very first time I used it.

Photos
    View albums

while watching tv earlier, my husband tweezed my leg...didn't hurt too bad. now i just have to get him to do my other leg. it was an exciting night at my house!

Photos
    View albums

I'm a Venus and Skintimate shave gel (strawberry tangerine twist!) kinda girl. It leaves me smooth.

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179

Photos
    View albums

Default Veet Mousse

How good is "pretty good"?? I ended up with just as much stubble after nair as I would have from shaving with a crappy razor. What did you get with Veet?

Photos
    View albums

well girl, you can get waxed but yo have to let hair grow in first...bleh....

i think the right shaving cream makes a big difference. And a sharp razor....I use the Quattro or the VEnus..and mango shaving cream from trader joes..leaves my legs soft...

Photos
    View albums

I tried the veet mousse stuff...it worked pretty well.

Photos
    View albums

Question A Good Shaving Alternative???

Ok, so I just tried Nair Ultimate trying to get a closer, longer lasting shave. It suggests leaving it on for 3 min, but not more than 10 min. I left it on for around 8 min and I could get a closer shave with a razor any day. Anyone got a better suggestion? A better cream, wax, or anything you've tried with good results?? I don't have dainty hair, by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2