a little scared

Thread: a little scared

Phen Newbie

Why does it cause constipation?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMT4life View Post
    just started taken phentermine, and I did a little research and I found alot of side effects that have me a little worried. Could any of you guys help me out here?

these are some of the side effects:
    insomnia nope, best sleep ever.
    Increased blood pressure not yet
    Irritability no
    Nervousness nah, actually more focused
    Sense of well-being sure
    Dry mouth yeah, but it helps drink tons of water.
    Unpleasant taste this past weekend yes, but I think was tasting sweaty sunscreen from the beach
    Blurred vision this happened on day 2, just getting use to 80% less food intake. LOL. fine since then.
    Heartburn/Acid reflux a tiny bit, I haven't had this in years before now.
    Change in sexual desire more please
    Clumsiness nah
    Confusion nah
    Diarrhea i wish
    Dizziness a few rare moments
    Headache nah
    Irregular heartbeat nah
    Nausea or vomiting nah
    Psychosis who judges there own psychiatric evaluation?
    Skin rash or itching yes, but its super hot, and I spend time in chlorinated pools and salty beaches all summer so I think its from that.
    Stomach pain nope
    Tiredness just at bedtime
    others:
    constipation, hemerroids....until you get some laxatives.
    cystic acne, ugh haven't had that since accutane a few years ago, hope it disappears soon, back-ne too, never had that before.
    dried up sinuses/mucus membranes, dry skin, peely feet and palms.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

I am on week 5 and I have mitral valve prolapse so I was waiting on a lot of side effects. So far all I have experienced is cotton mouth, constipation and WEIGHT LOSS! Yay!!! I understand your worry though, I am the same way, but at the weight I am at and was at, the benefit far out weighed the risks.
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Phen Newbie

I have been on it for about three months, but I only take a half of the 37.5 mg tablet, I also average about 5 days a week, I think it is good to take a break.

My side affects are, having trouble sleeping, constipation, dry mouth, more talkative, slight increase in blood pressure, and a bit more jittery. On the up side I seem to feel a bit uplifted and I definately have more energy, I am excersing off the chart. I lay off the phen if i know I am going to be in a situation where I will feel anxious, for example I just went on a job interview, so I layed off it the day before, so I would be able to sleep and the day of the interview. I am prone to being on the hyper side and can't handle coffee even early in the morning, so I pretty much expected the jitters and take the pill by 6 am. There are some other side effects that sound serious like the thread about the lump in the throat, that is is just plain scary but I have not had to deal with this. Also even though I have the dry mouth I don't have much desire for water, I need to pay attention to that. good luck

at least that is what I hope lol

Quote Originally Posted by Angelcat View Post
    Thank for your imput. I looked up that protracted withdrawl thing that you mentioned. Get this. Phentermine is used to help people get over their dependency to strong narcotics. I couldn't find anything about Phen having that problem itself. I just wish I knew how long this is going to last. The pill was so great while I was taking it. And believe me, I was extremely nervous about it. I didn't drink alot of water while I was using it, maybe this is retro. But even that sounds weird.
    As far as being addictive, it can be. It absolutely can become a psychological crutch. How strong the psychological addiction is depends on the person. Physically addictive is another story. You won't need a room at the Betty Ford center but you will need to sleep...A LOT..and you may feel a bit depressed and generally sluggish. In a couple of weeks you'll be your old self.
    Last edited by EMT4life; July 7th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.

Phen Newbie

Default Thanks, I looked it up.

Thank for your imput. I looked up that protracted withdrawl thing that you mentioned. Get this. Phentermine is used to help people get over their dependency to strong narcotics. I couldn't find anything about Phen having that problem itself. I just wish I knew how long this is going to last. The pill was so great while I was taking it. And believe me, I was extremely nervous about it. I didn't drink alot of water while I was using it, maybe this is retro. But even that sounds weird.

their is a such thing as a delayed withdrawl, but most of the time they are psychological rather than physical. Although, their is something called, "protracted withdrawal syndrome" which is generally the same thing as a delayed withdrawl, google it for more info if you want

Phen Newbie

Default Delayed Side Effects

First, I have to say that Phen was the greatest thing I have ever used to loose weight. I lost 40 lbs. since February 5, 2008. Of course, I was eating the prescribed 1000-1200 calories a day. No bread, sweets or french fries. That ****ed. But it worked. I had no side effects during the three months that I took it. I decided to go off it the beginnnig of May and see what would happen to my weight. You know, just to see if I could do it on my own. So far, so good. But my question is, one month after I went off the Phen I get this nasty burning sensation in my lips and tongue. Never had it before. I had no withdrawl symptoms the whole month of May. Nothing. Is there such a thing as delayed withdrawl. Has anyone ever had this happen? Is my body just trying to readjust itself? But why a month after stopping the pill. I would like the option of using Phen again, since it worked so well. I only used half a 37.5 mg a day and lost all that weight.

i just don't get the , "sense of well-being", is that supposed to be bad? lol
    It may cause a little anger somtimes...I think that is what they mean. We call it phen rage around here.
    Not anything like bad just really really bad pms and dont f with me kind of feeling

i just don't get the , "sense of well-being", is that supposed to be bad? lol

If one person lists that as a side effect, they have to inform the public. Chances are, most of that won't happen to you at all. I have been taking it for about 5 days, and I only have constipation.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

SW 7/3/08: 208
    7/5/08: 204
    7/10/08: 196

GW: 140 lbs.

just started taken phentermine, and I did a little research and I found alot of side effects that have me a little worried. Could any of you guys help me out here?

insomnia
    Increased blood pressure
    Irritability
    Nervousness
    Sense of well-being
    Dry mouth
    Unpleasant taste
    Insomnia
    Blurred vision
    Heartburn/Acid reflux
    Change in sexual desire
    Clumsiness
    Confusion
    Diarrhea
    Dizziness
    Headache
    Irregular heartbeat
    Nausea or vomiting
    Psychosis
    Skin rash or itching
    Stomach pain
    Tiredness
    Dont scar me I had all this S*** before phen..!! LOL

Default a little scared

insomnia
    Increased blood pressure
    Irritability
    Nervousness
    Sense of well-being
    Dry mouth
    Unpleasant taste
    Insomnia
    Blurred vision
    Heartburn/Acid reflux
    Change in sexual desire