What to Expect

Thread: What to Expect

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

i started phen 37.5 the blue with blue dots they are great lost 15 pounds in one month and know have the white pill with some blue dots 37.5 and i do not feel anything . any suggestions?

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

This is good information because I am experiencing all of this. I am really not eating much but I probably should be drinking more water. The headaches aren't as bad as the first 2 days but I feel like I'm on speed. I am a naturally hyper individual but my fiance' asked me if I was ADHD last night because I couldn't be still.

What about exercising?? I am looking for something I can do at home that will be beneficial. I had foot surgery 2 months ago so I can do any jogging for the time being. I have been doing crunches, jumping jacks and climbing my stairs repeatedly (I have a 3 story condo) but I am not sure if that is enough. Any suggestions?

Photos
    View albums

[QUOTE=Raquel;824017]Welcome!
    What to expect ... cotton mouth, (drink a lot of water) constipation, sleeplessness, and a clean house with all your extra energy

You are not lying with the clean house thing, I cleaned my whole house this weekend! I mean I CLEANED my house, I'm talking scrubbin baseboards cleaning...........I even steam cleaned all the carpets in my house on Sunday evening! What?????? And I had the nerve to got up early to go to work Monday.

I'm the PHENERGIZER BUNNY! lol!

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

What was the beginning dose that you all took? I was prescribed 37.5 but cut the pill in half. Now I see that I'm not supposed to cut the pill as it is time-released. I won't do it again.
    Did you all have slight headache in the beginning?
    I really wish that I was given the smaller dose to start out with. Or is this the most common dose?

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by tlillie View Post
    Hi Everyone!!!

Today is my first day taking Phentermine, my doctor put me on it to help loose weight brought on by my underactive thyroid. Can anyone tell me what to expect and if there are things I shoudl and should not do or eat while on it for the next 30 days?

Thanks

tiff
    Welcome!
    What to expect ... cotton mouth, (drink a lot of water) constipation, sleeplessness, and a clean house with all your extra energy

Seriously, I don't think there is anything you shouldn't eat .. but find a plan that is going to work for you for the long wrong.
    As an example: portion control everything in moderation.

Best of luck to you .. and as your have specifics .. be sure to post a question so every one can give your their opinion.

Photos
    View albums

wow, your dr was very specific. Mine said 1000-1200 cal a day, and for right now just look at calories and not fat. That doesn't sound like good advice, but is seems to be working.
    Lots of water is my tip. This stuff makes you thirsty!
    I take a whole pill in the am and it carries me through the day. My friend takes half in the am and half in pm. I love the energy it gives me and I get a euphoric feeling.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZX0lYn/]

[/url

Photos
    View albums

Good luck to you and welcome. Water and count your calories religiously. Don't go over 1200 to start.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Drink lots of water! You should probably take a multivitamin too. I do.

As far as the rest of it, everyone is dfferent. I am lucky and see very few side effects. In fact the only one I have experienced is the change in sleep habits. Everyone else can fill you in on some of the others which include constipation, irregular TOM, and more. Those are the 2 most common it seems. Some of them will tell you that they can't drink alcohol, others have no problem. A lot of it depends on you.

My eating habits are simple. I eat 1500 calories or less a day. I eat what ever I want as long as it fits into that count. I try to eat less of the empty calories because they don't satisfy me and it makes it hard to stick to my overall total. I don't do the low carb thing or anything like that. I have done that before and it made me absolutely miserable. I want to be able to stick with it and maintain it after I reach my goal so this is what works for me. Others will tell you that the low carb thing is great. Many people here do that. It may be good for you. It just isn't good for me.

I am sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck and welcome.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Photos
    View albums

I'm not sure what everyone else will tell you. However, my doctor gave me a diet plan to follow while I'm taking Phen.

She said to keep my calorie intake under 1300, and my fat intake for the day under 10 grams. Also, no sugar or red meat. I have to drink at least 100 ounces of water per day. She said no canned veggies either. So I've been eating a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breast, fish, frozen veggies, fat free yogurt, and fat free, sugar free pudding. So far, so good. It's been really easy.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

SW 7/3/08: 208
    7/5/08: 204
    7/10/08: 196

GW: 140 lbs.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default What to Expect

Hi Everyone!!!

Today is my first day taking Phentermine, my doctor put me on it to help loose weight brought on by my underactive thyroid. Can anyone tell me what to expect and if there are things I shoudl and should not do or eat while on it for the next 30 days?

Thanks

tiff