low carb!

Thread: low carb!

Photos
    View albums

My doc has me only watching carbs. He said I don't care about fat or calories only carbs. But I have been trying to do a combo of 1200 calories and 130 grams of carbs a day. 130 is pretty liberal but far less than the average american eats. it allows me all the veggie and whole grains I want but is strict enough to ban me from most sugars/starches, etc.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I started my low carb diet (again) on Moday...it always works for me and my BOB (see Nikki finn) is the first thing to go on this diet. The best thing is that I never feel that I am on a diet with this. I will be starting my Phen tomorrow and I am hoping that I will get great results. I've never taken Phen but I have heard good things from a coworker.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the compliment Gina. I just need to lose another 20 lbs to look like that pic again.

Nikki you are too funny! Girl you crack me up with your comments above about divorcing BOB. Im going to have to use that one too! Im getting tired of using my girdles!

-
    Audra

SW: 181 (6/8/08 -day 1)
    CW: 175 6/14/08(-6)
    CW: 172 6/20/08 -3
    CW: 171.8 6/24/08
    CW: 170 7/7/08 (-1.8)
    CW: 165 7/14/08 - 5
    CW: 163 7/28/08 -2

GW: 125 by Nov '08
    Height: 5'2"

Photos
    View albums

I am a low carber and i love my eating lifestyle this way. I dont deprive myself and the foods i eat give me crazy natural energy. Since I am super active (when im not sick) i stick to around 40-50 carbs a day. With no activity i will fit around 30 in a day. No/low sugar and protein, veggies... Eat your carbs in the morning at breakfast.

I was at my primary care doc and we looked at my file. I am losing an average of 8-10lbs a month WITHOUT phen using a low carb/exercise routine.
    Nikki - Looking to divorce BOB...lol, my BIG OL' BELLY!

2/05/08 - 252 lbs (the evil truth)
    6/28/08 - 202 ON MY OWN!!!- Life after Phen

Photos
    View albums

Forgot to mention, I do try to eat no more than 20g of carbs on a daily basis when doing low carb.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

High protein has really worked for me as well. I guess it depends on the person b/c my sister cannot stick to it. I usually do high protein when I am on a plateau.

I can smell 155!!!!!!!!!!!!:spider_red:

Photos
    View albums

I'm also starting with low carb today, and have also done well with it in the past (Atkins) -- had a South Beach protein bar for breakfast, a small handful of peanuts for snack, and just finished a good salad with balsamic vinegarette dressing and lots of low-carb veggies/additions on top. They say it's okay to have regular dressing, like ranch or blue cheese, but I enjoyed the balsamic. I plan to have a low carb/low sugar yogurt for an afternoon snack (only if I get hungry), and then wingettes and greens for dinner. In doing Atkins, the book says that for the first 2-week induction period, you should have no more than 15 carbs/day. I move it up a bit and do about 20, and I'm sure to eat something with carbs right before exercising, along with lots of water. We're in this thing together, good luck to you!
    GET THE WAGON ROLLING CHALLENGE!!!

Starting Weight (11/15/2007) - 252
    12/31/08 - 240
    1/7 - 235
    2/4 - 230
    3/15 - 233
    4/28 - 225
    8/22 - CW: 230
    starting over!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by afaith7 View Post
    I have found that the low carb diet works great for me as well. I've done weight watchers, low cal and I do see that the low carb works better for me. I do try to eat a complex carb with my protein at least 4-5x day. That is really the best method that I see that is working out for me. I still get to eat fruits and veggies too with lean proteins. My favorite is my protein shake that I make with a banana daily. Sometimes I do 2 shakes. But I also like apples with 1tbs of peanut butter. The South Beach wrap tortillas make a great lunch with lean turkey meat and cream cheese and lots of veggies also make a great a low carb/lean protein lunch. Good luck to you!
    First let me say that I'm not sure which one of the girls in that pic is you and which is your daughter because you two could seriously be sisters there. You guys both look great. Beautiful women. I also low carb and at first got really good results. Now i'm stuck. Or at least I was until I started my phen! The scale is finally moving again.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I have found that the low carb diet works great for me as well. I've done weight watchers, low cal and I do see that the low carb works better for me. I do try to eat a complex carb with my protein at least 4-5x day. That is really the best method that I see that is working out for me. I still get to eat fruits and veggies too with lean proteins. My favorite is my protein shake that I make with a banana daily. Sometimes I do 2 shakes. But I also like apples with 1tbs of peanut butter. The South Beach wrap tortillas make a great lunch with lean turkey meat and cream cheese and lots of veggies also make a great a low carb/lean protein lunch. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by afaith7; July 7th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

SW: 181 (6/8/08 -day 1)
    CW: 175 6/14/08(-6)
    CW: 172 6/20/08 -3
    CW: 171.8 6/24/08
    CW: 170 7/7/08 (-1.8)
    CW: 165 7/14/08 - 5
    CW: 163 7/28/08 -2

GW: 125 by Nov '08
    Height: 5'2"

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by dsluv View Post
    hi everyone!!

well ive decided to move away from calories a little it and try out low carb. i was just wondering, do you guys still count calories?

also, has anyone not made progress on low carb? ive been trying a lot of things to see what my body responds best to and im *hoping* this may be it!
    I ALWAYS get great results with low carb. It's just a matter of sticking with it lond enough to see the benefits. I have NEVER gained the weight back either after I incorporate more carbs into my meal plan.

I also count calories and stick to low fat carbs.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I do pretty well on low carb (when I stick to it). My niece stuck to it really good and didn't lose anything. She did better on Weight watchers. I think it just depends on you. My plan is to start on low carb and when I hit a plateau try ww w/ keeping my carbs low. Don't know if it'll work -- but that's what I'm trying,.

Photos
    View albums

hello! I didnt do low carb and phen but I think that I am going to try it becasue I have read a lot of success stories regarding phen, low carb and plenty of water...I did the atkins for one week without Phen and I dropped 5 pounds.. I got a little dizzy becasue I need carbs but the book does help you learn good carbs verses bad as well as good fat vs bad fat! Goodluck on your journey and I am also going to jumpstart the low carb high protein thing tomorrow.. I need to see more results it seem like I m a little stuck and I just got started!

Starting Weight: 197

Mini Goal 10 pounds

WEEK 1: 193 (lost 4 lbs)
    WEEK 2: 189.5
    WEEK 3: 192
    WEEK 4:
    WEEK 5:
    WEEK 6:

10 POUND CHALLENGE BY AUGUST FIRST! IM ON MY WAY!:

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default low carb!

hi everyone!!

well ive decided to move away from calories a little it and try out low carb. i was just wondering, do you guys still count calories?

also, has anyone not made progress on low carb? ive been trying a lot of things to see what my body responds best to and im *hoping* this may be it!