Newbie that needs some help!
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you!!! I was feeling a liitle lost. Six small meals a day doesnt sound too hard. Thanks for the tips!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Nursy Lori View Post
    Welcome!! I'll just tell you what my doctor told me and maybe it will give you some ideas. He told me to stick to around 1200 calories a day. I keep track of my daily calories online. There are many websites to go to for that. Eat 6 small meals a day and divide them into 200 calories each. He told me to set the alarm on my cell phone for every three hours and to eat 200 calories every three hours 6 times a day. Stay clear of simple carbohydrates (table sugar, sodas, cakes, fudge, candy, bread) and eat complex carbohydrates instead (vegetables, whole grain foods, legumes, nuts). He said to increase my protein intake and have some sort of protein with each meal/snack. He said cheese and turkey are two of the best things to snack on when you're hungry. The protein keeps you feeling full longer. Good luck to you and I hope this helps.
    Oh, and I forgot to add........he told me to have a "free day" once a week to eat whatever I want to. That way you don't get so bored and it sort of "shocks" your system into losing more weight.

Photos
    View albums

Welcome!! I'll just tell you what my doctor told me and maybe it will give you some ideas. He told me to stick to around 1200 calories a day. I keep track of my daily calories online. There are many websites to go to for that. Eat 6 small meals a day and divide them into 200 calories each. He told me to set the alarm on my cell phone for every three hours and to eat 200 calories every three hours 6 times a day. Stay clear of simple carbohydrates (table sugar, sodas, cakes, fudge, candy, bread) and eat complex carbohydrates instead (vegetables, whole grain foods, legumes, nuts). He said to increase my protein intake and have some sort of protein with each meal/snack. He said cheese and turkey are two of the best things to snack on when you're hungry. The protein keeps you feeling full longer. Good luck to you and I hope this helps.

Photos
    View albums

Red face Newbie that needs some help!

Hi Everyone! Finally after reading this forum over and over for the last two months (really bored at work!!), I joined!

I need some help with the meal plan... What the heck can i eat? I was just prescribed the medicine yesterday & havent started yet. To be honest, I didnt want to start on the holiday with all the BBQ's and family gatherings.

My doctor didnt tell me what I can and cannot eat, infact he didnt really give me many guidelines. All he said was slow down and carbs, drink lots of water and lay of caffeeine.

Im 27, 5'9 and weigh about 230 (fluctuates between 225-230) My ideal goal weight is 160. Can anyone please let me know what the heck I can eat, Im looking for permanent weight loss. I dont want to just pop a pill, eat what I want and lose weight, I know thats not how it is supposed to be and I will just gain it all back if thats how I approach it. If anyone can help with a meal plan, calorie counter etc or at least point me in the right direction, that would be great! Thank you!!!!!!!