Interesting Phen Info
    Bronze Phenster

I wish it would stabalize my moods! Phen makes me so irritable...plus, since I've lost some weight, all I want to do is buy new clothes...lol.

2. Advertising
    advertising

that is interesting...I was shopping alot while on phen though, it definitely put me on a "high"...as far as mood stabilizer most people say phen makes them crabby so I"m not sure wht that is all about..but if its makng you feel good then great!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy3773 View Post
    I have been on it since May 28th. The first 3 weeks i was on a 1000-1200 cal a day diet and now its more 1000-1500. I bought some advil pm to help with the sleeplessness but I acgtually just adjusted the time i tke my pills b 12 and phen and I sleep pretty good.
    I so wish I could sleep. I think I've slept about 10 hrs in the last 3 nights combined... I don't know how i'm even functioning. My brain is getting fuzzy though and i'm going to crash soon I know it. You have lost an incredible amt of weight for such a short time. Good for you. I hope I have that kind of success. I haven't really changed my diet much because I've been low carb low cal for quite a while. I lost 25 lbs on my own in about 3 mths and then hit another 3 mth plateau. that's why the phen. So far i've managed to keep my butt off the scale but the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to jump on it next week to see how i've done. keep up the good work and much much success to you!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

I have been on it since May 28th. The first 3 weeks i was on a 1000-1200 cal a day diet and now its more 1000-1500. I bought some advil pm to help with the sleeplessness but I acgtually just adjusted the time i tke my pills b 12 and phen and I sleep pretty good.

I had no idea either but that would explain why I wasn't a raging bi tch at work yesterday! I work as a dispatcher and have 50+ trucks to dispatch and normally thursday before a holiday is a nightmare!! I am usually pissy and bi tchy with everyone I talk to. yesterday though, I just kinda floated through the day and tackled the probs as they came my way. It was really nice. I'm working on call again today and kinda feel the same way. Okay, whatever, sure thing, take care of it monday, blah blah blah! Many, how long have you been on phen? I just ask because of your 20 lb weight loss! Yeah you! I have only been on since wednesday and I haven't really slept since I started it so I'm hoping for some good numbers when I talk myself onto the scale next week. Git er dun!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Silver Phenster

I, too, have noticed that in general I am in a much better mood. I don't get so upset over certain things and seem to be able to handle stressful situations easily. Also, I feel a lot more frisky. I read of another woman on this board that has this oh so terrible side effect too, lmao.

I can also relate to the want to shop. For me, shopping was something that I did to feel control since I felt like I had no control over my weight. Does that make sense? Sometimes I would use food and sometimes I would shop. Since starting Phen-D I see things in ads that I would like to get but I do not feel the overwhelming impulse that I must have them. Nor do I actually go out to get them. This could be due to the meds or it could be due to the new found control that I have over my weight and the food I eat. I think it is the latter of the two. The more I see my physical body change, the more motivated I am to stay on course, and the less impulsive I feel to buy or eat something. I even threw out my cereal this morning after one bite and ate an apple instead.

Thumbs up Interesting Phen Info

I was talking to one of the directors at work yesterday about phen, she said she just gets so stressed and uses food as comfort I told her I was that way and thats why I started phen because it was getting out of control. She does therapy sessions and is a LSW but is training for a ***W certification. So she knows about meds, etc.

She told me she looked up Phen online and found that as well as being an appetite supressant it is a mood stabilizer and has an impulse control component. I know this may be common knowledge but I didn't know that!!

I notice my mood is pretty steady where as I would usually get easily offended etc. I was an impulsive eater, sh opper, everything lol I still feel like I want to go shop all the time but I never really do. If the phen is helping me with this then I am glad I found it. I am definitely training myself while on phen to control the eating and shopping/spending. Just thought I would share.