I need some help
    Photos
    View albums

Wow we have allot in common, I'm taking 30 mg, started around the same time as you (I started on 6/19) and have lost 11 lbs.

Hang in there, I know it sounds silly but whenever I want to eat just to eat I go for a walk or do some kind of exercise. Exercise normally makes me forget about food. If that doesn't work eat something light and healthy like fruit or veggies.

Good Luck!!

Highest Weight 196
    Lost 50lbs on Phentermine + WW
    Gained 15lbs 8/09-2/10
    Started HCG 2/19/10
    3/19/10 Down 20.6lbs
    Currently on Phase 3 of HCG Diet
    Staring Phase 2 again 4/9

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Lightbulb Hunger signal

I also thought this 'signal of being full' was not given to me. Then I started reading books about how our bodies work (and depression, as I suffer from that also) and realized some things. I didn't know that eating sugary things will make us hungrier sooner because of the drop in blood sugar after it's gone. Also High Fructose Corn Syrup (a very popular ingredient) can prevent your body from releasing Leptin, the hormone that tells your brain you're 'full' or done eating. Sugary things are my favorite. This is only my 3rd day on Phentermine and I already wish I could stay on it forever because even though I still get hungry, I don't really want to eat, and I don't have cravings for sweets!! I don't think I've lost any weight yet but hopefully I will. I'm also trying to make healthier choices and working up to eating more vegetables.
    SW: 177ish
    CW: 177ish
    GW: 140
    Height: 5'5"

Photos
    View albums

over the past 4 days ive noticed that it is all a mind game! i have to keep myself busy so my mind dont wonder off thinking about food not because i'm hungry just because i'm bored! so i do small stuff...............like look on here and read ppl stories! it motavates me all at the same time! keep your mind on your goal and this in time will past and became a new way of like for you.................and me to lol!
    "Live harder but love even harder"

[B]SW 226.6[/B
    ] Had some plms and got off track but im back and ready to start all over and lose even more!

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Kim, I used to eat for all kinds of reasons. It didn't matter if I was happy or sad, I ate. Since I have been losing weight I have found out some things about me that I didn't see before. Instead of picking at my food like I do now, I gobbled it up like I'd never eat again because it was there, not because I was hungry. When I see people eat huge portions of food it reminds me of how I used to eat and I'm proud that I don't eat like that anymore. I guess my point was, as you go along losing weight you will probably realize a lot of the reasons you were eating bad to start with. It's a learning process and I think that's one of the best parts because you discover the real you.

Photos
    View albums

Phen is brilliant but unfortunately

It takes away the need not the want!

Keep up with the water it will come off again
    XX

If you dont like the answer, change the question!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SW 31.03.11 13.07 lb 189 Lbs

CW

GW 126 Lbs

Photos
    View albums

i used to eat a lot when i wasn't hungry (sometimes i still do) and i would just eat for the taste.....it's crazy. but some stuff just tastes so damn good! anyway, i tried to break that habit by having a water bottle in my purse, in the car, or wherever i was ALL the time. i would just drink and drink until i was so full i couldn't imagine putting another thing in my mouth. maybe something like that would work for you....chewing gum might work? i also keep stocked up on grapes so if i just want to eat for no reason i can eat tons of grapes and no damage is done.

as far as nobody noticing the weight loss......i started out at 202 and nobody noticed i was losing until i got to about 180...then everybody started saying something. people who see you every day won't notice as much as people who see you weekly or monthly so don't get discouraged. you're doing great!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Congrats on the weight loss... I feel for you as far as still wanting to eat eventhough your not hungry. I kept gaining and gaining because of this mentality. I am realllly glad I started Phen because it has helped me totally change my thought process. Give it some time and really think before you pick what you are going to eat and im sure you will lose that "i need to eat" mentality

Bronze Phenster Looking4the Real KIM's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks everyone that responded. I never took the time to expolore the reasons why I keep eating even when I don't feel hungry. I guess for so long I have been just eating to eat. I saw a commercial last night with this barriatric doctor and he has these bars that you eat 30 minutes prior to a meal with a full glass of water. Then the stomach is to send a message to your brain that you are full after eating about 1/2 of your meal. LOL I seriously thing GOD left that part of the signal process out of my body. I am going to try to today to think and work on this. I know one day at a time.
    Thanks everyone and Happy 4th
    Kim

Photos
    View albums

Depending on the time of day and the time of month, your weight will fluctuate. Weigh when you wake up in the morning to get a more accurate number. Ten pounds is still ten pounds. So maybe they won't notice ten, but they will surely notice twenty. Keep up the Good Work! We're all on the same journey, and we'll all reach our destination!
    5/08 SW-270
    8/7/08 CW 239-Taken off Phen by MD
    9/5/08 CW 230-Life without Phen Challenge

Goals, schmoals. I just come here to talk, and if I lose weight, that's great!

Same place next year? NOT!!!

Photos
    View albums

congrats on ur weight loss so far. dont worry too much about the 1lb gain like melinda said it could be either bloating or constipation. good luck
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

That feeling of wanting to eat but not being hungry? That's is probably what got you to this point. I know it's how I got here. Try to keep recognizing it when it happens and ask yourself, "What is going on? Am I hungry? Thirsty? Bored? Upset?" Now that you have the phen, you should be able to take the time to explore what is going on so you can break those old, bad habits and replace them with healthy ones.
    Don't worry about the 1 lb. gain. It could be tons of things; just keep concentrating on changing what you need to change to complete your journey to a new, healthier, thinner you!

Photos
    View albums

don't get dicouraged. it has only been two weeks. If you keep it up in two monthes you will be down a lot more and everyone will be able to tell. Phen makes me sweat a lot too. My doctor said it is because fat is just energy and water and just like exercise you sweat when you release energy. It is your bodys way of getting rid of the fat. Phen also makes you have trouble going potty so the weight gain could be due to that and when you lose weight you can gain water weight. Maybe try a stool softener and a water pill.
    Also phen will Not work on it's own if your not working out and eating right the pill will not help you.
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 168 ibs 6/24/08 (VACATION)
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08
    CW- 158 ibs 9/16/09 (STARTING AGAIN)

Bronze Phenster Looking4the Real KIM's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Default I need some help

Hello, my name is Kim and I am new here. I have lurked since last weekend and have read a lot and just post here and there. I am having issues with the Phen that I am taking. I am on the 30mg pill. I started on 6/20/08. on 6/29 I had lost 11.4 lbs. This past week my wt has been going up and down today I am at 263.8 which means I have gained a pound and now have only lost 10.

I am stuggling with this. I don't feel hungry a lot but I still want to eat. It's like my brain says I need to but I am not actually hungry.

I am also sweating like a banchee(do banchees even sweat or just scream? LOL).I am taking 2-3 showers a day. I am downing tons of water and I am trying to drink at least a gallon a day. I always feel thirsty. My husband says he notices a bit of loss in my face, my father will have seen me twice as of today and has not said anything and the rest of my family will be coming for a cookout tomorrow. I know 10 is not a lot, I guess I need a huge drop to see anything.

Thanks for listening and letting me vent
    Kim