I just binged... :(

You know what....I don't really call it losing control or binging or anything awful like that. I think it's satisfying a need. It's like an addiction to food. It's ok to cheat every now and then as long as you don't do it every day. So you had 2 ham sammiches, PPFT so what if thats what you wanted then thats what you wanted. Don't beat yourself up over it. It was one time. You're not gona set yourself back just by having something you want NOW AND THEN (in moderation). Keep up your spirits and don't be so hard on yourself . The other night I had a momentary laps of reason and had some good garden fresh foods. We had pork chops on the grill, fried squash, corn, and mashed potatos. Yes I ate and yes I ate ALOT!!!!!! I don't do it every day but that was the first really big garden trip so I indulged. Now if it was something like eating a half gal of ice cream then that's whan I would be worried. I'm sorry that you are feeling this way and it is hard for people like us. I know exactly where you are coming from. My hubby is like nspear's hubby. He can eat anything he wants and just by watching him I can feel the fat just bubbling up on me LOL. Some people are just more apt to gain than others. But, YOU have to maintain control of your feelings. If you want to have 2 sammiches for lunch, then have 2 sammiches for lunch. Just eat lighter the rest of the day. My doctor told me something that helps me alot. She said "THE WEIGHT DIDN'T GO ON OVER NIGHT AND IT'S NOT GONA COME OF OVER NIGHT!!!" I keep that in mind and it helps me when I get discouraged and want to just stop and go on an eating RAGE. We are all here for each other and that really makes me feel good to know that other people are having the same day to day struggles that I am.

There ARE people in the world that DO have more to worry about than 2 ham sammiches, but the eating is YOUR demon and it's perfectly OK for you to have worries about it. Don't feel guilty because you worry about such a small thing....to you it's not a small thing it's a really BIG thing or you wouldn't worry about it, right?? People have different lives as they also have different worries and struggles.

If you need a friend I'm here for you. I won't promise I can give you all the right answers but I do have a dry shoulder and I'm a pretty good talker. Perk up and smile and keep ypur head up you're done great so far. By the way.....I have had ham sammiches for breakfast too. This morning I had a cucumber :O now that's really wierd lol.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

2. Advertising
    advertising

Deep breath...now let it out. Don't beat yourself up for having a crappy day. Just acknowledge that you made some unwise choices and move on. If you hang on to the feeling that you did what you shouldn't have, then you already feel bad and sometimes I eat when I feel bad. If you acknowledge it then you can move on. So you had a crappy day, tomorow is a new day to make the right choices. We are here for you. Everyone has crappy days that we wish we did/said/acted a different way. You can't change what you did, but you can change what you do now.

You will do it. I believe in you and know that you can.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Yesterday, I hadn't eaten ANYTHING at all, so I decided that if I just run to McDonalds, which is next door, rather than take out something to cook, I could cure my hunger. Well, instead of ordering a GRILLED CHICKEN sandwich as I should have or a salad, my butt orders a Double Quarter Pounder Meal-LARGE, now my reason behind this (what I told myself) was because I knew that I hardly ever get the amount of calories that I need in daily. I probably eat anywhere from 500-1000 a day rather than the 1200-1500 I need. So, I used that as an excuse to EAT McDonalds. Well.....after eating the WHOLE damn thing, something told me to go to McDonald's website and look up the calories....DQPounder w/ Cheese=750 Calories...Large Fry=500 cals...and Large orange drink...a whopping 300 calories....can you SAY....WOW??? Exactly, my sentiments as well. So, last night I didn't eat anything else the entire night, just drank water. So, we all fall off the wagon, needless to say, it's the GETTING BACK ON that is really of concern.

As aforementioned by another Phen User, you probably didn't eat 903248239023890 calories, so don't beat yourself up over it. I was upset with myself for a minute because out of hunger, I ran to McDonalds and got the most UNHEALTHY thing on the menu, however, I realized that I'd only gone over the number of calories by a small number....(not to mention everything else, sodium, sat fat, etc.)....however, I still knew I was just going to have to work that much harder to NOT eat unhealthy stuff and to work these damn calories off.

Let's do this, girl!! I'm with you!
    Never Let a Dark Past,Cloud A Bright Future!

SW: 5/1/08= A whopping 372.3lbs

5/1/08-6/20/08= 354.0 lbs (18lb loss)

Do you see any difference?? Not much....

Default You are doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by notjustanykatie View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a little better now. At first when people started noticing my weightloss, I loved it. Now, I am starting to feel uncomfortable about it.I feel pressure! I started getting paranoid because I didn't workout or eat right for the last 2 days and I swear that my body already looks fatter!! I just need to child and hit the gym tommorow. The funny thing is, when I go to the gym and stay on my "plan" I never think about weight...it is when I'm NOT that I obsess over it...
    Katie - don't be so hard on yourself. I do not think the sandwiches are going to affect you at all. You don't think about your weight when you are working out because you are doing something about it! Sometimes your body need something of substance and as long as you are working out and pushing your self it is okay to have a treat. Most of the time when people bing its because they have been denying themselves things they love to eat. It ****s that we have to work so much harder to get the weight off when other people eat everything and stay thin. (Doesn't mean they are healthy) That is just something we have to deal with and take control of our health and not worry what other people are doing.

I am about the same weight as you and in the same rut so if you need a buddy or just someone to keep you motivated - I am here!

Silver Phenster

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a little better now. At first when people started noticing my weightloss, I loved it. Now, I am starting to feel uncomfortable about it.I feel pressure! I started getting paranoid because I didn't workout or eat right for the last 2 days and I swear that my body already looks fatter!! I just need to child and hit the gym tommorow. The funny thing is, when I go to the gym and stay on my "plan" I never think about weight...it is when I'm NOT that I obsess over it...
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

I am sorry your having a bad day. You know we all have them ..Heck I had a crapy week. But it does get better trust me. I know you think that this is hard but you know it does get better. Diets are hard, but once you get the hang of. Try this b4 you eat something bad ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE EATING IT . AND THEN ASK IF YOU REALLY NEED TO HAVE IT.. THEN WAIT 5 MINUTES BE FOR YOU EAT IT. I swear I do it all the time. sometimes we just have to stop an think their is a reason for everything we do.. so dont beat yourself up.. (((((((((((( HUG)))))))))))
    Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil say "oh sh%t! that B%tch is up!

Yes, you have the rest of today, eat healthy. I take my phen early when my 2 yr old wakes like 7am then I lay with her and watch tv. If I dont do that I will eat the house up! I have before prob eaten a whole days calories in the matter of 5 min just after getting out of bed. Your going to get through this. Your not alone! Good Luck!

Phen Newbie

Listen, first off ((((hugs))))) I can be a binger and I hate the shitty feeling after you've lost control.

Its not the binge that is going to do you in - did you eat 10,000 calories ? Probably not. Go for a walk, plan the rest of your meals for today, and move on. Its your REACTION to the binge and letting it spiral out of control that is going to screw you up. Take an extra 1/2 phen if you need it to give you the control if you feel helpless. Whatever it takes - GET BACK ON THE HORSE, SISTER !!

PS I've had ham sandwiches in the morning

My skinny A** husband eats every day like that.. so not just fat people.. us fat people hate those skinny (enter not so nice name here) people! And he eats like that in front of me! I was working out yesterday, he came downstairs to "watch" with a huge bowl of oreo cookies! (And I mean like have a package!) And he weighs 135 lbs soaking wet! Makes me sick!

Don't get down on yourself, if will only make it worse.. just pick back up where you left off and move on!
    Mommy of 3!
    Lost 57 lbs Nov 06-Apr07.. Got preggers again!
    Gained 62 lbs while pregnant
    Lost 35 while breastfeeding.. but came to a stand still
    Started Phentermine again after 6 months of breastfeeding
    Lost 57 lbs
    Got pregnant AGAIN last time for good Gained 86 lbs
    Started Phentermine for last final time 6/15/11

Starting weight 06/15/11 - 234
    08/22/11 - 184

aww i'm sorry ur feeling so stressed. but weight loss is hard work & i feel sad sometimes too b/c i wonder y i have to work so much harder to lose weight. But ya gotta realize that anything worth having is worth working hard for to obtain Even when you reach your goal weight, u'll still have to struggle in order to stay there b/c this will always be something that we all deal with for the rest of our lives. Just hang in there though & dont get too down. Keep your head up
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

{{{{Hugs}}}}

I am so sorry that you are feeling down right now. I hope it helps to know you are not alone. I ate anything that was crappy in the house last night and when that was gone I actually took the effort to go buy MORE garbage. I too feel guilty for worrying about being FAT when there are so many greater concerns in this world. I have 4 beautiful healthy children, a husband who adores me, and a beautiful home. I can't for the life of me understand why I allow myself to continue to spiral out of control and eat food that not only keeps me unhappy, but doesn't even feel the immediate need of having something "good." I wish I had answers for you. The truth is I don't. I am working everyday to uncover the reason I eat the way I do. I know for me then and only then, will I truly be free of this vicious cycle.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Silver Phenster

Unhappy I just binged... :(

I am so sick of this being so hard! I didn't even think about over-eating for several weeks and then...this morning I've pretty much everything I shouldn't have. I just ate 2 ham sandwiches at 8 am. Who does that? A fat person...that's who. I can't imagine my life being fat but I can't imagine battling my weight EVERYDAY! The only way I've been successful thus far is because I keep myself so busy. With 12hrs work, gym, tanning, dinner, shower, and then bed. I haven't even seen my dad for 2 months...which doesn't sound weird till you figure out that he lives nextdoor!! Literaly, I haven't even SEEN him. I'm feeling sorry for myself. Which makes me feel even worse because I know that there are people in this world that have way more to worry about than 2 ham sandwiches.
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie