OT - What is everyone doing for the 4th?

Well kiddo is still visiting the grandparents up north so I am solo. Will probably catch a movie and then log into work and play catch up UGH!
    SW (2/15/08) - 354 lbs
    CW (6/19/08) - 315 lbs

October 2007 vs July 2008

(the top is pinned in the back - it is too big now!)

June 2006 vs June 2008 (same tank top)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Sleeping in a bit. Getting my youngest son from Camp. this is actually the first 4th of July he's been home in 2 years! The camp he loves just so happens to be 4th of July week. He's used to going to big fireworks at camp. But he is actually really excited about coming home and having some in our back yard.

Hambugers, Hotdogs, Beans, watermelon, deviled eggs.

Everything in moderation!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Tina

I guess I am gonna go to the next town over and maybe watch the parade. There is a picnic going on that has carnival rides, music, food, and everything. They have the best barbecue (pulled pork) sandwiches. They smoke like 2500 lbs of it...mmmmmm. Umm and at 7 pm I am gonna watch my cousin crown the new Miss Independence Queen (since she won last year). And then fireworks are at midnight and they give away a brand new 2008 ford truck then also. So I'll be hoping I win that, lol, so I can sell it or something!

Then Saturday, I am getting my hair permenantly straightened and going to work from 4-8.

we are taking the kids downtown to the parade at 10 a.m. then going to my aunt's house for a cookout. then, back downtown for the fireworks at night. whoo hoo!

btw you look AWESOME in your new pic. i can totally tell a difference since the last pic you posted in the black dress. hot mama!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Quote Originally Posted by n8rgrl View Post
    It's hubby's 40th, so we are going to do what he wants-which entails riding his new Harley (pic on my thread from last night) That's fine with me!
    Amber-one of my favorite dishes to take is fruit salad. The recipe is from the Taste of Home cookbook a few years ago, but its simple. This is what I use & do:
    Cut up your favorite fruit- we use bananas, red apples, red grapes, kiwi, canned mandarin oranges and sometimes canned pineapple. You can throw in whatever you want tho'.
    I use 7 up or sprite, and after I cut up the apples and bananas, give them a quick dip in a bowl of sprite to help keep them from browning. (It tastes better than lemon juice and works)
    Then you take apricot juice, they usually come in little 4 oz. cans in a 6 pack, and put it in a sauce pan. Add a little sugar and cornstarch, then bring to a boil. Make sure the cornstarch is mixed in when it is cold or room temp or you'll get lumps. Bring to almost a boil and it will start to thicken. Let it cool and this is your sauce!
    I didn't give exact measurements cause we usually make such a big salad I improvise. If you need them let me know.
    This is really good and you don't have to feel guilty!

Yum! Sounds good. I love fruit salad. I'm especially craving blueberries which are in season right now. I may even skewer some melon and other fruits to make fruit kebobs, then glaze them w/ your sauce. Thanks for the idea!
    *Amber*

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four
    unless there are three other people." ~ H.G. Welles

Stay away from that icecream cake!

Nothing exciting here. We're going to Branson the 9th, 10th & 11th(next week).

Mother-in-law is flying in and we are going to Estes Park for a couple days.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Hubby's smoking a brisket tomorrow, so we're having his mom and step-dad over and then I have to work tomorrow night.......blah!!

Sleeping in! After that, I have no idea, probably nothing. That is okay, anything is better than going to the office.

Supastar... Fruit salad and lots of it. It is yummy and it is lower in calories than some other things. Mmmmmmmm... I love fruit!

I don't have anything planned. My hubby works until late so we are going to eat here and that will be that. I am a little bummed. I love the 4th.

I hope everyone else has a good day!
    Keep on Keepin' on!

It started for us yesterday. My son is in 4H Band so he had a concert at a festival to attend and watched fireworks last night. Tonight he wants to go to a concert at a local college where there will be 2 bands:symphonic and jazz. Tomorrow he has a parade at 9 and a concert at 12 at another festival. We'll try to do the grilling thing between 12:30 and 4:30 because my daughter is working that night (she won't get to see any fireworks again this year). Then tomorrow evening we'll head into town to see the fireworks here.
    That's pretty much how every 4th has gone for us for the past 6 or so years. Hopefully nothing will get rained out!

I am working 9-530. But that is ok with me because my boys are actually going to their Dad's tomorrow and my Fiance works until after midnight so I had nothing better to do anyway! I did fireworks with my boys last night and saved some for tonight!

I'd really like to be off the coast of somewhere beautiful with all my friends and phrends! Ahhhhh, if only...
    My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!

http://www.myspace.com/fishlippswhoa

2/12/08-346.8 (Started Weight Watchers)
    3/11/08- 332.8 (Down 14lbs. in 4 weeks!)
    3/16/08- 330 (Started Phentermine)
    3/31/08-327 (According to the dr's scale)
    4/15/08-321
    4/29/08- 318
    5/9/08-313
    5/20/08- 311
    6/03/08-314(+3 lbs.)2 weeks of BAD eating! Poor choices! ETC!
    6/17/08-311 THANK GOD I LOST WHAT I HAD GAINED!
    7/8/08-309 (Finally back on track)

7/15/08-308 (slooooooow)
    7/29/08-306

It's hubby's 40th, so we are going to do what he wants-which entails riding his new Harley (pic on my thread from last night) That's fine with me!
    Amber-one of my favorite dishes to take is fruit salad. The recipe is from the Taste of Home cookbook a few years ago, but its simple. This is what I use & do:
    Cut up your favorite fruit- we use bananas, red apples, red grapes, kiwi, canned mandarin oranges and sometimes canned pineapple. You can throw in whatever you want tho'.
    I use 7 up or sprite, and after I cut up the apples and bananas, give them a quick dip in a bowl of sprite to help keep them from browning. (It tastes better than lemon juice and works)
    Then you take apricot juice, they usually come in little 4 oz. cans in a 6 pack, and put it in a sauce pan. Add a little sugar and cornstarch, then bring to a boil. Make sure the cornstarch is mixed in when it is cold or room temp or you'll get lumps. Bring to almost a boil and it will start to thicken. Let it cool and this is your sauce!
    I didn't give exact measurements cause we usually make such a big salad I improvise. If you need them let me know.
    This is really good and you don't have to feel guilty!
    n8rgrl

Ntohing! My husband has to work.

I can smell 155!!!!!!!!!!!!:spider_red:

I have an outdoor wedding at 7pm to go to. Their invitations said "Icecream Sundaes Immediatly Following". Haha, that's cute but I'll def be obstaining from that. Then there's a cookout afterwards with my family. This worries me a little because I LOVE cookout food...and beer. Mom said she bought lowfat hotdogs for me and my sister which I thought was sweet. I'm supposed to bring a side dish for the cookout. Any ideas on a dish that won't get me in trouble?
    *Amber*

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four
    unless there are three other people." ~ H.G. Welles

Stay away from that icecream cake!

We are going to my mother-in-laws tomorrow, so I am eating really light today just in case I slip up tomorrow.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Default OT - What is everyone doing for the 4th?

Does anyone have exciting plans for tomorrow? We are staying home and grilling out. Of course we will go to the beach for the fireworks, but nothing exciting. What is everyone else doing???
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)