OT - Anyone else getting "raped" by an airline????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Diamond Phenster

Part of an airline story that is on my AOL today

"the study also estimates that about 12,000 laptops are lost every week (based on interviews with officials at 106 American airports). This means business travelers are losing several laptops a week. Eventually, one of those laptops is going to be loaded with our Social Security numbers and names. "

I don't travel with mine - because now when I travel, it's for pleasure. But I use to travel for business too much and always had to lug my laptop with me. Glad I was not part of those stats!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    I love Southwest, the only problem is that the closest airport where they fly is either New Orleans (2 hours) or Birmingham (4 hours). We booked through Disney because I thought that $600 for all 4 of us was a hell of a deal! I checked online yesterday, and the SAME tickets we bought in April (same flight, same day) is now $1785 for 3 people (and a lap infant). This is INSANE!!!!
    that is crazy!!! It ****s when you think you are getting a good deal only to have this happen. The airport I fly out off uses southwest but I fly into an airport 3 hours from my parents just to save money so I feel your pain. I hope the airlines work with you. Being on a long flight with 2 kids is so hard
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

I love Southwest, the only problem is that the closest airport where they fly is either New Orleans (2 hours) or Birmingham (4 hours). We booked through Disney because I thought that $600 for all 4 of us was a hell of a deal! I checked online yesterday, and the SAME tickets we bought in April (same flight, same day) is now $1785 for 3 people (and a lap infant). This is INSANE!!!!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy3773 View Post
    Whoa.. that is crazy!!!

I actually just paid $107 for TWO round trip tickets from Las Vegas to California (central valley), its normally a 5-6 hour drive but I fly this smaller airline and they had a $4 fare special for the 4th. I would have paid over $107 just in gas so im really glad I got this offer

They have limited flights but if anyone is interested check out www.allegiantair.com
    Love that airline - it goes right to my aunts with out going to a big airport. 59 bucks one way.
    but they are limited, out of here .. they only go to 4 places, all in FL. (which works for me) but I was just researching the best flights to Vegas.

cmarie call and ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them that you won't accept this type of inconvenience, ESPECIALLY when flying with small children! they shoud compensate you somehow, this is ridiculous.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

OK. Yeah I just too found out that on my flight from Ont international to grand rapids michigan UNITED is charging for my 2nd check on. Luckily I get back 2 weeks before they implement the charge for all checked baggage. How crazy is that. I Paid 816 dollars for 2 tickets. Thats with a 250 dollar discount because last time we flew united they gave us vouchers because we had to drive from chicago to grand rapids because the flight got cancelled from wind. I am sorry but with 2 kids I cannot have any luggage to carry on. Thankfully they arent charging me for my 2 carseats. Jesus what next.
    Started Phen 5/27
    SW 200
    6-3-08 189 -11
    6-10-08 184 -5
    6-17-08 181 -3
    6-24-08 179 -2

GW 155
    Height 5"7

WOW I just got home from 3 weeks in TN and I had no problems flying. Then again I fly omly southwest cause it is all I can afford and I have been so messed over by the other airline.
    SW 5/24 188.8 started Phen
    5/30 183.2 Week one
    6/6 180 week 2 (179 @home)
    6/13 176 week 3
    6/20 173.9 week 4
    15 pounds GONE
    7/1 171.2
    7/31 172 WTH Start 37.7 tomorrow
    Avatar is me @ my wedding in 2001

American Airlines are imposing a baggage charge, I mean, who normally travels with only a carry on? Idiots....luckily I missed that by a few days when I came home and it didn't affect me but that is ridiculous!

I really just feel like we are living a nightmare nowadays...how are things going to get better?

Whoa.. that is crazy!!!

I actually just paid $107 for TWO round trip tickets from Las Vegas to California (central valley), its normally a 5-6 hour drive but I fly this smaller airline and they had a $4 fare special for the 4th. I would have paid over $107 just in gas so im really glad I got this offer

They have limited flights but if anyone is interested check out www.allegiantair.com

Ahhhhhhha.... Now I know why I have NEVER been in an Airplane I do not want to be rape.. Especially while trying to pay for a wedding! Poor Cmarie... Kick some ARSE!
    My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking!

http://www.myspace.com/fishlippswhoa

2/12/08-346.8 (Started Weight Watchers)
    3/11/08- 332.8 (Down 14lbs. in 4 weeks!)
    3/16/08- 330 (Started Phentermine)
    3/31/08-327 (According to the dr's scale)
    4/15/08-321
    4/29/08- 318
    5/9/08-313
    5/20/08- 311
    6/03/08-314(+3 lbs.)2 weeks of BAD eating! Poor choices! ETC!
    6/17/08-311 THANK GOD I LOST WHAT I HAD GAINED!
    7/8/08-309 (Finally back on track)

7/15/08-308 (slooooooow)
    7/29/08-306

Quote Originally Posted by fatbabygirl28 View Post
    Cmarie, this is terrible! I would tell them to screw off and get your money back. Do you realize that from pensacola to orlando is 450 miles roughly. Going off of that and the gas mileage that I get in my car, that is a tank and half one way. 3 tanks round trip, add in the drive time which is roughly 7 hrs at an average of 65 and you are looking at 7 hrs of quality time with your family (maybe even getting to stop somewhere along the way and see something unusual somewhere) and $200-$300 in gas. That is HALF what you are paying for the crapy flight you now have on your hands. I'm thinking it's drive time.... Even if you were to rent a Trailblazer or something more comfortable. You still could get it done for less and not have to deal with the airlines at all. But then again, I haven't been on a plane since I was 6 either
    We drove to Disney last time and it wasn't bad at all. It took roughly 7 hours. The problem is that by the time we finished our vacation in Orlando we were sick by the time we got home. The drive home was MISERABLE and that was before we had another child. The thought of driving that far with my 20 month old is horrifying! We drove with her in January to Gatlinburg, TN and we learned fast to never do that again. That trip took 8 hours and she cried off and on most of the way!! Now I am wishing we could drive. The problem is that Delta will not refund our money. We can apply the money towards different tickets (another trip) but we can't get the money back that we paid.

Dalako, we booked through Disney using their travel agents. Ridiculous, huh?!
    1/05/09 169

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarie123 View Post
    I could SCREAM! We planned our Disney trip back in April and paid for our airline tickets up front. The tickets were "issued" on April 21st. We were very fortunate and only had to pay $625 for all 4 of us to fly to Orlando. Now that the airlines have imposed the fuel surcharge (our tickets would now cost us $1800) they are trying to get more money out of us. They can't charge more for the tickets because they have already issued, BUT listen to the crap they are doing!!!!!

While we were originally planned for direct flights, we now have to fly from Pensacola, FLORIDA to Atlanta before turning back around to go to Orlando, FLORIDA! How much sense does that make during a fuel crisis!!! I realize they want to go to a Delta hub to get more passengers, but seriously! We now have a 35 minute layover in Atlanta. If you have ever had to change planes in Atlanta, you know how RIDICULOUSLY IMPOSSIBLE that is! Not to mention that we are traveling with 2 small children!!! What was going to take us 1.5 hours direct to get to Disney, is now going to take us 5 hours! I was also warned by Delta that since our travel date is 8 weeks away, it could change AGAIN and we may have to travel from Atlanta to Memphis or Charlotte, NC before going to Orlando!

And to get to the WORST part, they won't allow us any "free" luggage. NONE! They are going to charge us $25 for each piece of luggage AND since my daughter is a lap infant (didn't pay for a ticket) they are going to charge us $50 for anything we may take for her. This is FREAKING INSANE!!!!!

Someone please tell me you are dealing with this crap too!!!!

Cmarie, this is terrible! I would tell them to screw off and get your money back. Do you realize that from pensacola to orlando is 450 miles roughly. Going off of that and the gas mileage that I get in my car, that is a tank and half one way. 3 tanks round trip, add in the drive time which is roughly 7 hrs at an average of 65 and you are looking at 7 hrs of quality time with your family (maybe even getting to stop somewhere along the way and see something unusual somewhere) and $200-$300 in gas. That is HALF what you are paying for the crapy flight you now have on your hands. I'm thinking it's drive time.... Even if you were to rent a Trailblazer or something more comfortable. You still could get it done for less and not have to deal with the airlines at all. But then again, I haven't been on a plane since I was 6 either
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Diamond Phenster

Default HOLYMOLY

Quote Originally Posted by mapgirl View Post
    I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. My sis in law (the one who went to Italy with us) still doesn't have her luggage. She hasn't seen her or her hubby's bags since they took off from Huntsville on the 14th of June. All they can say is "so sorry, please be patient". Oh and the other couple who went only have 2 out of their 3 bags.
    OHMYGOD that is beyond unacceptable. OHMYGOD!

I just read or heard something the other day about the checked baggage ordeal that made complete sense to me.
    Now people will push the limits with their carry on's. They will try to get away with ones that are too big and they will stuff them so full it will be harder for security screeners to see what's in them. Therefore, they will have to have extra personell in these areas now to handle all this so were exactly will they be saving money on payroll?
    I just know I'm going to have to do the "polite fight" thing with someone trying to shove their oversize bag in the space that is meant for my stuff. We just started flying last year and I can already see that next year we will drive wherever we decide to go. It's so sad because I wanted my kids to see some other countries now while we are paying for it since they are all now broke college students.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. My sis in law (the one who went to Italy with us) still doesn't have her luggage. She hasn't seen her or her hubby's bags since they took off from Huntsville on the 14th of June. All they can say is "so sorry, please be patient". Oh and the other couple who went only have 2 out of their 3 bags.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

So many people are deciding to drive regardless of the cost of gas because the way they are treated by the airlines. I would think they would smarten up and be more customer friendly.

They charge $15.00 per bag at DFW and I think the reason being is they want to eventually cut back baggage handling jobs. They are already going to lay off about 900 flight attendants and they are talking about closing small airports. It is only going to get worse.

Anyway I don't know if this will help, but it is worth a try. File your complaint.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm

Your situation makes me so angry.

Straight from Delta's site just now:
    "Checked Baggage
    You can check one bag per passenger free of charge when traveling in the U. S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. If traveling outside the U.S. you can check two bags free of charge.

Each bag must:

Weigh 50 pounds (22.5 kg) or less
    Not exceed 62 inches when you total length + width + height
    What counts as a special item?

Special items include:

Overweight bags: Bags over 50 lbs
    Oversize bags: Bags over 62 inches (when you total the length + width + height)
    Baby items: Stroller, child restraint seats
    Assistive devices: Wheelchair
    Sporting equipment: Bicycle, bowling equipment, fishing equipment, golf equipment, ski equipment, parachute, surfboard, windsurf board, scuba tank
    Musical instruments
    Fragile/bulky items: Saddle, antlers, Hawaiian pineapples, military duffle bags
    Pets"

They'd better not try to charge me to check our bags!

Wait! Delta is charging for checked baggage?????
    They didn't tell us that when they called to inform me that they decided they will no longer be flying to St. Martin during the week.
    Yep- we had to extend our vacation by a day because of this horse doo-doo. Extra hotel, car rental, phone, food. We leave soon and I keep crossing my fingers they don't change our return flight so that we end up staying an extra day on the end of the trip, too. If they add in a checked baggage charge, that's going to be yet another $100 we have to shell out. OMG- I'm so ticked at them!!!
    It made no sense to me that they were going to move a plane full of people around. I booked in April and there weren't many seats choices left so I know the plane wasn't going to be flying half empty or anything. The choice they gave us was to leave one day earlier or give us our money back. You know there is no way I could get tickets anywhere near the price we paid for them in April. It makes me want to get in their faces with my confirmation and yell them at them about contract law.
    To think the airlines don't seem to understand why they aren't making the big bucks anymore....

O so sorry Cmarie. It's realy crazy whats going on. In a hight note, I love your new pic !!!

MY FORMER SELF

WOW!!! I am so sorry that they are doing this to you! How about driving to a major city then flying out of there??? I just boughts tickets about a month ago for our flight to Orlando in Oct.... We paid $695 for 2 adults & a child on lap (they charged us $50 for her)... What site did you purchase them from??? We bought from Cheap-o-air (lmao corny name) but they guarentee the ticket prices will not increase and gave us the airlines fees up front. If they the airline changes, we don't get the increase, we are 'grandfathered' in.

I can't believe that they are doing that!!! That is sooo stupid!!!! I am soo sorry that this is happening to you!!!!!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Delta justified the connecting flight because of the fuel surcharge. They said they were doing away with ALL of their direct flights from small airports. There is NOTHING we can do!
    1/05/09 169

If you purchased a direct flight they can not change it to a connecting flight. I would B I T CH to who ever i had too to get it taken care of. Mailing your bags is not a bad idea. Also instead of packing a seprae bag for your child just put anyting you may need for her in your carry on. If you get your direct flight you shouldn't need too much. Good luck.
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 168 ibs 6/24/08 (VACATION)
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08
    CW- 158 ibs 9/16/09 (STARTING AGAIN)

We are flying out next Saturday (the 12th) to Vegas, 2 kids and I. I am so glad that we are not having to go through this.......I feel so bad for you!!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

I just put my son on a plane this morning and thank God United does not charge for your bag if your ticket was purchase before June 15. He had a multi-city flight and it has been changed 3x in the last 2 weeks. This last time I had to call them and demand different return flights as he is 13 and I did not want him coming in at 11:30 PM - especially since he has to connect in Chicago! If he missed his flight - he wouldn't be able to get home until the next day. They were pretty good about changing everything as soon as I told them he was a minor. I have been waiting to see if my flights in September and October change as well. One is American and the other is Southwest.
    Becca

1st minigoal - 210 lbs - MET June 1, 2008
    2nd minigoal - 199 lbs - MET July 17, 2008
    3rd minigoal - 185 lbs

SW - 219 5-12-08
    CW - 208 6-12-08 - 1 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 204.6 7-1-08 - August 1 10lb Challange Start
    CW - 201 on 7-11-08 - 2 month dr. weigh in
    CW - 201.4 on 7-15-08 - 2nd Week check in for Challange!
    CW - 201.0 on 7-21-08 - 3rd Week check in for Challange

Down 3.6 lbs for August 1 - 10lb challange.

I bought my tickets last month to fly to orlando later this month and i haven't heard anything yet from southwest about an increase.....i hope not cause those tickets were expensive enough!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast