mexican food

Thread: mexican food

Photos
    View albums

MMMM....mexican food! I love it too! I say treat your self! Its a holiday weekend and I am sure a lot of us are goind to stray or indulge a little. Just have your meal - then take a long walk to get your metabolism going and burn it off a little. Drink lots of water and work out before the doc appt!!!

The more you deny yourself the more you are likely to binge! ENJOY!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

Ah, Mexican is my favorite! I'm sure my normal place wonders if I am okay because it's been so long since they have seen me. Wow, I just realized how sad it is that I was going there so much, lol.

Photos
    View albums

Its easy-
    you dice up your tomatoes and onion and put them in a bowl. Cut up some of a jalapeno-how hot you like, and add some garlic. We either use the jar stuff thats already diced up, or powder. (sometimes fresh-but we've gotten lazy!) Add FRESH cilantro to taste and squeeze some FRESH lime juice over the bowl. It doesn't take a lot. I don't even remember adding salt, but I guess you could!
    This is really simple but it is really good! We like it so much better than the jar stuff! But the fresh cilantro and lime juice seems to be what we end up addicted to. Like I said, my kids and I fight over it!
    I've canned the garden stuff for years, and we've tried to find a good salsa recipe and nothing seems to work. So we just do this. I think it would also be good with grilled chicken or salad. But then again, we never get that far-just add spoons!
    n8rgrl

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by jazzygal72 View Post
    However, I would then go to the resturant, eat like aqueen and drink massive amounts of water for the days leading me to the weigh in day!! (Well, except I wouldn't eat or drink anything the day of the weigh in, cause I'l silly like that!)

Go- enjoy yourself! You deserve it!
    I agree,I would do the same!

Photos
    View albums

Oh, and I am with you... those chips ARE nasty!

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Photos
    View albums

Personally, I would adapt a recipe to make at home so you control the calories and portions. You have the doc's visit next week and you don't want to see temporary gain on the scale. Promise yourself that after the doc visit, you'll go then to celebrate.

Photos
    View albums

Wait... don't do it! You have to weigh in on Tueday and mexican food is very high in sodium! What if you retain a bunch of water prior to weighing?? (This is what I would tell myself.)

However, I would then go to the resturant, eat like aqueen and drink massive amounts of water for the days leading me to the weigh in day!! (Well, except I wouldn't eat or drink anything the day of the weigh in, cause I'l silly like that!)

Go- enjoy yourself! You deserve it!

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Photos
    View albums

Thank you for the advise! I normally order the dinner, which has 2 chimis, but I eat one and take the other one home to eat the next day. I think I will order one, and try to only eat half of it. hehe. I had some salsa today with baked tostitos. I liked the chips at first,but now they are just plain NASTY! lol. Also, if you have that recipe for the salsa, I would sure love to try it! I have never been to chipolte.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

OMG! My mouth is now watering!
    Height 5'3

SW 178 06/03/08
    CW 174 06/09/08
    CW 171 06/16/08
    CW 169.4 06/24/08
    CW 167.4 06/30/08
    CW 168.7 07/07/08 TOM!!!
    CW 165.3 07/10/08
    CW 161.3 07/16/08
    CW 158.4 08/04/08 FINALLY LOST 20LBS!!!!

August 8th found out I was expecting
    August 20th Miscarried at 7 weeks.

09/25 Begin Phen again

SW 161
    CW 155 10/13/08 (down 23lbs)
    CW 154 12/09/08

Photos
    View albums

I'm right with you-I LOVE MEXICAN! (and chocolate)
    My thought is everything in moderation. If you order the chimi, take it home and make 2 more meals out of it. My kids and I love Chipotle's salsa, and figured out how to make it. So we'll make it fresh, have a few chips and fight over the salsa! We really only need spoons!
    Something else I've heard a lot on here is "trick" your metabolism. If you've been good all week, throw off your system by indulging- a little. Then go back to being good on Monday. It usually takes me a couple of weeks of Mondays to go back to being good tho'! I haven't tried this theory yet so I don't know if it works.
    Ok, now my mouth is watering!
    n8rgrl

Photos
    View albums

Default mexican food

so for the past 2 weeks, i have been craving this local mexican restaraunt. not just the food, but the whole restaraunt! just kidding. it is my absolute favorite! chips and queso and their homeade salsa and guacamole. and a shredded beef chimichanga with cheese sauce on top with beans and rice and sour cream mixed together, and fried jalepenos with salt and a frozen margaritga.
    I can't stop thinking about it! now that I typed it out, my mouth is watering!
    Knowing that I have 2 days off in a row this weekend is tempting me to visit my restaraunt.
    I haven't been in months! I have been taking phen for about a month now, and I have my first weigh in, and talk to my doc about getting more phen on Tuesday.
    How should I go about this obstacle?