MiraLax Coupon Plus Question
    Photos
    View albums

I took the psyllium husk a few years ago when I was on Atkins. They did nothing for me. I do have magnesium citrate that I keep on hand, but it's just another temporary fix.
    *Sigh* I'm still letting it whirl in the background of my brain. Eventually it's bound to think of something, unless the fumes from painting today ran it off. LOL

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Hi BandMamma,

My doctor told me to take 1 scoop (full does i guess) 2 x a day. I havent been doing it though. I take 1 dose when i remember. But I dont know about long term. He didnt say. Maybe I better ask him.
    Has anyone taken the Psyllium Husks Caps? Suppose to be 100% natural fiber. I dont feel like thats working either. I dont know what to do. Someone mentioned on another post Magnesium Citrate, its only a $1.24 at walmart. Its a liquid you have to drink either the whole bottle or you can drink half in one dose and then rest in another dose. I am scared to take it. LOL I hate drinking stuff like that. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get things working again.

Photos
    View albums

Nope- sugar free candy just gives me the toots. LOL
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not technically constipated right now. I am like a first-time mommy with a newborn about my bowels: I get on it right away at the first sign of a problem. Before phen, eating an apple or a cup of no sugar added applesauce would do the trick. What I need is something that will keep me on a regular potty schedule. I'm even willing to factor in that now that I am eating less there is bound to be less that needs to come out so I'm not expecting to be a "once a day gal."
    Hmm, there must be solution somewhere and the more natural it is (like eating more veggies), the better.

Photos
    View albums

the phen makes it hard to poop but if i really need to go I will eat like four pieces of sugar free candy and my behind will go let me tell you lol
    Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil say "oh sh%t! that B%tch is up!

Photos
    View albums

Wow kind of scared!! I use it every day and have been for the last 3 months (i think) my doc said that i could use it... but now I am concerned.
    I did stop taking it on friday.... but i hadn't gone number 2 on sunday or yesterday so I had some this morning... and it worked....
    I wonder if I should just stay off of it now.... kind of scary!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

That's what I thought, too: occasional use only. However, I could swear several people said they take it everyday and no longer have constipation issues. I started with less than a full dose because you never know how something is going to react in your body, it's expensive, and I wanted to do more research before I fully committed myself to taking it regularly.
    I eat veggies, green stuff included, for both lunch and dinner, I eat a piece of fruit generally a couple of times per week. My water intake averages 100oz. per day. Breakfast over 90% of the time is fiber cereal. Yet every time I start taking the phen again, the constipation returns. It sounds like my search for a solution is not over yet. I'm not interested in doing anything that I may become addicted to or may harm me. The way I see it is this: I am already an overweight smoker who takes Phen and Xanax so it's best that I watch my 'p's and q's" to try to stay healthy.
    Aside from all that, should my body become reliant on a laxative to have a bowel movement, I have no idea how to get my body back in balance and "teach" it to poop on its own again. LOL

Photos
    View albums

Now with any laxative is if you use it for a prolonged amout of time it messes up your ableness to go, I would tell anyone not to use any form of laxative for a prolonged amount of time because your bowles will not move without the use of a laxative.

Now I like Miralax because it does not cramp me and it makes you go with out any trouble I use it once a month, But I have come to find out if I eat enough greens and drink tons of water I am good to go.
    Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil say "oh sh%t! that B%tch is up!

Photos
    View albums

Default MiraLax Coupon Plus Question

First, the coupon: on the home page of the MiraLax site, on the bottom left corner, there is a pop-up to print a $2 off coupon for those who are interested.

Now for my question/s: The bottle does not say it is non-habit forming, which concerns me. That's why I went to the MiraLax site. The site says not to take it for longer than 2 weeks unless directed by your doctor. I went to a health related site (healthsquare dot com) to look for more info and it also said not to take it for longer than 2 weeks and says, "Unless your doctor directs otherwise, do not use MiraLax for more than 2 weeks. Sustained, frequent, or excessive use can upset the body's chemical balance, and can lead to dependence on laxatives...Remember that MiraLax is not for prolonged use."

I thought several of you were taking this everyday? Have your doctors told you it is safe to take every day? I started taking about 1/4 to 1/2 dose per day on Saturday and it is working great for me. However, I am concerned about the possible of effects of using it long-term.

Does anyone know anything more about using this product?