Hey, anyone out there ever taken Meridia?
    Photos
    View albums

Well, I'm not a good pill taker, so if I was given something I have to take more than once a day, forget it. I will definitely screw that up. I was doing good to remember my phen everyday when I was on it. It's especially hard since I work nights and have such a crazy schedule anyhow. I'll update y'all this evening after my appointment to let you all know what he decided to put me on.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

i just tried didrex wich is suppose to be stronger than phen. besides it being more expensive like 140.00, you take it up to 3x a day. I just didnt do my part. so it was a waste for me. Cant say it was the pill because its suppose to be the best out there, it was the effort that i put into it.
    meridia from what i was told from the cliinic is good, but you get immune to it faster. The price is also crazy.
    I dont think it would hurt to try it though or try didrex. Just do your part to make them work

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Photos
    View albums

I don't ever remember having a "full" feeling. I just remember I never had an appetite, and when I did, food just tasted different so I didn't want to eat as much.
    I did just look them up tho' and it says to NEVER take meridia with phen because of serious drug interactions and side effects. So if you do start one and may want to switch, make sure one is out of your system before you start the other-this can sometimes take days...
    I do the late night thing too and phen doesn't seem to help me either with that. After everyone goes to bed around 9, I'm up late and looking usually for chocolate. My fix lately has been either a granola bar, a banana with chocolate, or a Dove bar (my bad!) I usually fill my water quota in the evening as well!
    BTW MELINDA00-They are all yours! I always said I was going to be the first breast tissue donor-why use silicone or saline when you can have the real thing? After I had one of my last 2 kids ( I can't remember which one right now) I went into a "specialty"shop to buy a nursing bra. She asked me what size I was when I went into the hospital, and I told her I had a 38 DDD, and she said "oh honey, you're at least a J!" my husbands jaw hit the ground! I just ordered 38G & GG! Bet me they get smaller from nursing! I have 4 kids and never lost a cup size!
    n8rgrl

Photos
    View albums

My problem is not emotional eating, though. I am a "boredom" eater. I will sometimes catch myself eating/snacking when there's nothing else to do, whether I'm hungry or not. I've always been like that. Late at night when I'm home and awake, I find myself going through the pantry and the refrigerator over and over again just looking for something to munch on. Then, an hour later, even though I'm not hungry, I'm doing it all over again. I don't really know now if Meridia will help me since it only works by making you feel fuller faster. I may talk him into giving me phen again since it did suppress my appetite for a week. I figure a week is better than nothing. And I did lose 11 pounds in that one week. Grr, I'm so frustrated at times.

Photos
    View albums

As far as the difference, I was told that Meridia works on the seratonin your brain releases and that Phen just magically works....they couldn't explain how but it's supposed to do somewhat of the same thing with the chemicals in your brain to make you feel satisfied and take the emotional part out of eating.
    http://myspace.com/iluvya1

First goal - 290 by 8/30
    Second goal - 280 by 9/29 (my 28th bday)
    Third goal - 270 by 10/30
    Fourth goal - 250 by Christmas
    Fifth goal - 225 by 2/28 (7 days before bro's wedding!)

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Besides the price - any one know the difference between the 2?

My family doc was "NO NO PHEN" but I'm thinking next time, maybe he'd consider the other.
    Then again ....
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

I took Meridia last month and LOVED it. I lost 16 lbs that month. No side effects, no appetite ever. I did eat, however I had to remind myself a lot. It is quite expensive though, it was 75 for me with insurance covering their part. I have a new script for it and I'm debating on what to do.....phen doesn't control hunger at all for me, I have to fight with myself and tell me that i'm not hungry
    http://myspace.com/iluvya1

First goal - 290 by 8/30
    Second goal - 280 by 9/29 (my 28th bday)
    Third goal - 270 by 10/30
    Fourth goal - 250 by Christmas
    Fifth goal - 225 by 2/28 (7 days before bro's wedding!)

Photos
    View albums

I took it years ago with great results, then I got pregnant and the rest is history. Meridia is very expensive as the other posters have said but at the time to me it was worth it.
    I asked my Dr. when we were discussing diet pills back in April, about me using merida again because I was at least familiar with it and he said that the Phen was of course cheaper, but also that in his experience most people are more succesful on the Phen. I don't know. I can remember feeling good on the Merida like you would on an anti depressent. If I remember correctly it reacts with the seratonin in the brain much like anti depressants.
    Highest weight= 296lbs, Lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers
    Started Phen 4/16/08 @ 226 lbs.
    7/14/08 199.0 lbs Onderland!
    CW 9/26/08 = 182 lbs

"Esta Negrita tiene tumbao"

August 2008 August 2005

Photos
    View albums

I took it for about 3 months and for me, it was a total waste of money. It was CRAZY EXPENSIVE! Over $100/month for something that didn't work (for me). I only lost about 8lbs on it in a total of 3 months.
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by n8rgrl View Post
    One other thing-our "prescription"coverage wouldn't cover it, but our major medical would. I would have had to submit it myself separately, and I never messed with it. Our policy has a provision for covering issues concerned with being overweight-counseling, treatment, and scripts if I wanted to file. It was only $1000/ lifetime I think, but check your insurance and not just script coverage. (besides, I wanted to save that 1K and apply it to breast reduction surgery-after I lost my weight! LOL!)
    You can give me your extra when you get them cut off. I think most the weight i have lost was my boobs. lol
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 168 ibs 6/24/08 (VACATION)
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08
    CW- 158 ibs 9/16/09 (STARTING AGAIN)

Photos
    View albums

One other thing-our "prescription"coverage wouldn't cover it, but our major medical would. I would have had to submit it myself separately, and I never messed with it. Our policy has a provision for covering issues concerned with being overweight-counseling, treatment, and scripts if I wanted to file. It was only $1000/ lifetime I think, but check your insurance and not just script coverage. (besides, I wanted to save that 1K and apply it to breast reduction surgery-after I lost my weight! LOL!)
    n8rgrl

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by n8rgrl View Post
    I took Meridia not long after it came out-about 8 years ago. I really liked it. I know everyone is different, but for me it really suppressed my appetite and I don't remember any significant side effects. It also made things taste "different" so I was better able to avoid a lot of food -probably what I was supposed to avoiding anyway! I do remember that chocolate was one of the few things that tasted "normal"-which was just fine for me. The only downfall was that most insurance does not cover it, so depending on the pharmacy, it ran between $130-$145/ month! I had considered going back to it this time, but I thought I would give the much less expensive phen one more try!
    One more downfall which I didn't know at the time, you don't get that boost of energy from it like you do phen.
    Let us know what you decide and if you try it, if you like it! Good Luck!
    Well, I never got the boost of energy from phen anyhow, so that part won't phase me at all......LOL. I'm gonna call and see how much it will cost and if my insurance will cover it. If not, then I will ask him to put me back on phen, I guess.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I took it for a month last year but didnt do it consistently. I dont like taking prescription medication so back then I blew it off.

Anyway, Ill be taking it after my first two months of phentermine. Thats the plan my doctor has me on.

Im pretty stoked!

Photos
    View albums

I took Meridia not long after it came out-about 8 years ago. I really liked it. I know everyone is different, but for me it really suppressed my appetite and I don't remember any significant side effects. It also made things taste "different" so I was better able to avoid a lot of food -probably what I was supposed to avoiding anyway! I do remember that chocolate was one of the few things that tasted "normal"-which was just fine for me. The only downfall was that most insurance does not cover it, so depending on the pharmacy, it ran between $130-$145/ month! I had considered going back to it this time, but I thought I would give the much less expensive phen one more try!
    One more downfall which I didn't know at the time, you don't get that boost of energy from it like you do phen.
    Let us know what you decide and if you try it, if you like it! Good Luck!
    n8rgrl

Photos
    View albums

I have never tried it and this is my first time on phen but I knew a lady many years ago who used it and lost a ton of weight while on Meridia.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Default Hey, anyone out there ever taken Meridia?

I ran into my doc tonight at work (he's one of our ER docs as well as the doc at the weight loss clinic). I told him that I have an appointment with him on Wednesday, so he naturally asked me "what's up?". I told him I wanted to see if he'd put me back on phen to see if it would actually help me the second time around. He asked if I'd ever tried Meridia and I said no. He said he may try me on that since the Adipex didn't really help me like it should have. Just curious if anyone has taken it and what kind of results you had.