Easier on the go ...
    Banned

It is easier to avoid food when I'm busy. Ever since I started keeping myself busy on the computer, (meaning I have to have my hands busy, as oppse to when I watch TV lol)
    I find that it is easier...

2. Advertising
    advertising

It doesn't seem that I eat much anymore. I love my cup of coffee in the morning which I hardly ever finish (my 1st cup from 5:15 is sitting in the microwave as I type,probably cold again!), but then I can go the rest of most days without much food at all. I try and get a banana in mid morning, and sometimes a granola bar. The last few days I've been hungry at dinner, so I've eaten whatever isn't tied down!
    With phen, I do better at home now. In the past I would eat all day, now I don't. When I'm on the go, I don't usually think about eating because I'm usually running late!
    n8rgrl

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    Is healthy eating easier for you if you are on the go?

I wouldn't think it would be since you are at the mercy of other places food vs. home BUT to me it seems to be.

Not so much healthier ... but I just don't concern myself with eating. The rest of the week is busy for us, it's like in my mind I chalk it up to " No eating, YAY" vs. PLAN and make good decisions.

Anyone else just skip food?
    That's is my M.O. I do eat, I just don't snack at all which is where I get into trouble. I always eat before I leave out and I never pack a lunch that is not healthy??? If I can just kick the habit of randomly snacking at home I will be okay.

We have been really busy since summer started and I am loving it. Out of the house and away from temptation.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

BronzyBella

I will try to avoid eating at the moment and wait until I get home...but there are times that I am starving and feel sick if I don't eat...not to mention I may not be going home anytime soon. So I eat the healthier items on a fast food menu. Granted they are not REALLY healthy, but they are healthier than some of the other choices. For example--Taco Bell-- I'll get a chicken santa fe (sp) buritto. It has chicken, rice and a ton of veggies. At Wendy's, I'll get a baked potato w/ no sour cream and chilli....If a restaurant has grilled chicken sandwiches I will get that..minus the mayo. As for a drink I'll treat myself to Iced Tea (cause I've ONLY been drinking water). I don't feel guilty doing this either because I do not have to do this often.

Please remember that skipping a meal is not helping. It is actually hurting you. Remaining hungry for a longggg time slows down your metabolism and forces your body to hold onto fat---because your body will think it needs to do that to survive.

These are the sites I've used to help me choose the healthier foods:
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/ffood.htm
    http://www.*****.com/content/tools/1/tiyh_fast_food.htm

I travel often for work and its been tough. But, I find myself finding a local grocery instead of a local Applebees or something. I got some ideas on carrying bars with me before my last trip and it saved me. I now keep some in the car just in case I have to get on a plane that I didnt know I would be on at 7am when I leave the house. I also got some advice from a friend whos not on phen but lost a ton of weight last year. He brings wraps that he makes at home with him on his travels. I am going to try something like that with a cooler to avoid eating out on the road.

I skip food all day most of the time, ti I get home. I have a bar in the car on my way home sometimes, but am just too busy to stop most of the time. I cant eat when working anyway (I work as an interrogator) Its pretty hard to stuff the face and get people to admit stuff to me LOL But, before phen, I would hit McDonalds or something mid day. Now, I am not thinking about food so I just forget it. (I have always lost best by starving anyway)

Diamond Phenster

Default Easier on the go ...

Is healthy eating easier for you if you are on the go?

I wouldn't think it would be since you are at the mercy of other places food vs. home BUT to me it seems to be.

Not so much healthier ... but I just don't concern myself with eating. The rest of the week is busy for us, it's like in my mind I chalk it up to " No eating, YAY" vs. PLAN and make good decisions.

Anyone else just skip food?
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199