Hurt

Thread: Hurt

Photos
    View albums

I am saying a prayer that everything goes well on Wednesday. Please keep us posted.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thank you all VERY VERY much for all the kinds words and support. Just to reply back to some of the input. He did prescribe me the Phen I guess after he relized he was wrong and seen that I lost 14 lbs. And when he looked at my food/water intake/excerise journal he looked shocked like I just accused her of something that she is doing VERY very well on. He even said I am doing well but never once apolized. I am looking into a new clinic in my area. I just hate that insuance doesn't cover it and you gotta pay out of pocket. Money is so tight right now but then again I would never put a price on my health. And back to the Phen, he said I shouldn't get it filled until I see my cardiologist which I total agree. It's such a scary feeling not knowing what's going on with your HEART. When I tried to read what wolff parkinson white is I just saw a lot of big fancy words then "sudden death". I am only 19 and working really hard to become healthy and do NOT want to die anytime soon But I go Wedneday at 3 so hopefully everything goes good. I will update everyone when I go. But again thanks for all the support

sw 240 6/03/08
    1st week weigh in 235 lbs 6/10/08 -5 lbs
    2nd week weigh in 233 lbs 6/17/08 -2
    3rd week weigh in 230 lbs 6/24/08 -3 lbs (TOM)
    4th week weigh in 228 lbs 7/1/08 - 2 lbs

Photos
    View albums

what an asss. I can't beleive he was like that. If I were you, unless you just love him for other reasons...I would loook for a different doctor. No one deserves to be talked to like that..let alone by a professional! Mabye another day you can bring it up with him..today probably would not have been a good day to do it.

I think you are doing great! I also think weighing yourself every day is not good..let alone day and night! My god!! you could have a 5 lb of you know what and get all discouraged and binge!!

Anyways..keep up the good work.
    Started Phen: 4/22/14 SW: 214.2

Photos
    View albums

I agree with what all have said. I don't weigh myself AT ALL. Personally, I know my attitude and I know my workout ethics or lack thereof. If I weighed myself and saw me losing, I'm afraid I'll become complacent and get comfortable enough to feel as if I can eat or cheat a little, etc....so, I just keep doing what I know to do..."eating healthy" etc....and I will know my progress when I get to the clinic to get weighed in and to get some more pills.

As for your doctor, he was rude and the measure he took was both arbitrary and capricious. I wouldn't take it! I'd either look for another doctor, or when I went to see him again, let him know how upset he made me and that I feel that I'm entitled to an apology of some sort. If then he refutes or refuses to do so, I'd let him know that the best ADVERTISEMENT is WORD of mouth, and that PEOPLE would hear about this incident!
    Last edited by Divine_Agape; June 30th, 2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Misspelled words..lol
    Never Let a Dark Past,Cloud A Bright Future!

SW: 5/1/08= A whopping 372.3lbs

5/1/08-6/20/08= 354.0 lbs (18lb loss)

Do you see any difference?? Not much....

Photos
    View albums

You are completely right! He had no right to talk to you like that and NO YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY!!! I started Phen on the 9th of this month and didn't weight myself until the 24th because I don't even own a scale....I lost 12lbs and that is awesome! I personally don't weight myself because I am working out and still gaining lean muscle. You can lose inches and not see a move in scale. My motto is eat right, work out as much as possible and be satisfied with what I accomplish!!! Don't let this get you down!

Photos
    View albums

I woulda gone straight ghetto up in that office if he ever stepped @ me like that!!!! I dont care how many effin degrees he's got & how much he makes-- he has no right to yell @ a patient like that. Its because of YOU that he has a job & makes a living. There are websites that have a list of doctors on there and u can write reviews about them. I'd write a nasty one about him, b/c no1 deserves to go 2 a doctor who is in business to HELP u and get yelled @. Then I'd change my doctor!!!!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

I am so sorry this happened to you. I would go nuts if I weighed myself everyday, so I totally understand you not wanting to do this. I hope that all goes well with the cardiologist.

(((Hugs)))
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Hey, don't weigh yourself if you don't want to. This doctor should not have been that way and he should have appologized.

As for the ECG... look at this link, it may help: http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4785 Apparently your heart has a backroad for the electrical current that causes your heart to work properly. I hope the link helps and that your cardiologist has good news for you when you see him/her. Please keep us posted.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry your DR is being a jerk. I think it is really counter-productive for some people to weigh daily...let alone 2 times a day.

I think you are doing FABULOUSLY!!!!!!!

So did he give you another script for phen?
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Hurt

I just need to vent. Im not expecting any fedback but I just need to let it out, I haven't been so upset in a LONG LONG time. Today I went for my one month follow up and I weighed in at 225.4 and I got really happy because from his scale I started at 239 and to see 225 thats14 lbs in the 1st month and I damn sure worked hard too. But the first thing he says was "are you weighing yourself every morning and night?" I said no and he just lost it. He was so nasty to me and told me I was not following the program right. And When he asked why I said because it gets discouraing seeing it down in the am then up before I go to bed and I also don't want to get addicted to it. Well he didn't wanna here that he continued to tell me I wasn't following the program right and he wasn't gonna prescribe me any pills. At this point I am in shock and confused and at a lost for words. I was like what are you talking about I lost 14 lbs I thought I was doing good and I been working REALLY hard. and he was like NO you only lost 5 lbs. i was like WTF I started at 239 and am at 225 thats more then 5 lbs. He looked at his papers again and was like yeah your right. He was looking at the one from about a year or two ago when I first took phen but didn't stick to it. I mean he didn't tell me he was sorry or anything. And I think I have the right or not to choose if I want to get on the scale EVERY morning and EVERY night. At this point I just wanted to leave. I am the person that will cuss you out and speak my mind if you disrespect me or whatever but I couldn't I was just TOOO up set. but then I remembered my EKG. So I ask him for my results and it came back that I need to see a cardiologist and that I might have wolf parkinson white. I have NO idea what that is I even came home and looked it up but to many big fancy medical words for me to understand. But right when I left there I went straight to a cardiologist and made an appointment. Nothing more scary then knowing theres something wrong with your heart. My mom called me and asked how everything went and I just broke down because he REALLY REALLY hurt me. Im not the crying type but I was bawling. My mom was like I'm suprised you didn't cuss him out. But yeah does anyone else think I am wrong for not weighing myself everyday and every night?? Or is it just the phen that made me take it the wrong way and break down? uh iuno. but i felt he was attacking me. But Im going to go pick up my niece and hang out with her today. Tomorrow will be my offical 4th week since I been on phen so I will weigh myself from my scale and update my profile and tracker. Sorry so long

sw 240 6/03/08
    1st week weigh in 235 lbs 6/10/08 -5 lbs
    2nd week weigh in 233 lbs 6/17/08 -2
    3rd week weigh in 230 lbs 6/24/08 -3 lbs (TOM)
    4th week weigh in 228 lbs 7/1/08 - 2 lbs