1 day of eating bad and I gain 5 lbs??!
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Wow girl, you've already lost 30 some lbs? Remember how much you've lost! I know, it's discouraging. I have PCOS and Insulin resistance and believe me, my *** has to be eating next to nothing to lose any weight. I feel ya!

Metformin actually helps promote weight loss. The best thing I have ever been on was Byetta for type 2 diabetics. I lost 20lbs in six months without changing anything just because my body wasn't effing around with insulin.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Thank heavens I'm not the only one that this happens to.......!

I went to my parents house for 2 days (we all know how that can regress poor eating habits!!) and because of the chili dogs and lack of veggies I gained 3 lbs in a day and a half. Good grief, it is frustrating beyond words to have such negative consequences from such small slip ups.......
    Oh well, back on the wagon again ladies........maybe I'll take the dog for a long walk tonight and drown myself in a liter of water in the morning.

Hugs to you all from MN!
    3C mommy
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Original SW-210
    2005 Low W-155
    CW-6/20/08 192
    CW-6/30/08 187
    CW-8/11/08 195
    GW-135

Photos
    View albums

We have all been there I think. If I eat out I can pretty much be sure I will show a HUGE gain on my scale...takes about a 5-7 days of LOTS of water to get it off again....GOOD LUCK...dont give up
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

oh hon, I didn't know about your condition..I'm so sorry.....meds make it so much harder for us to lose.....I say you have the bday cake anyway, bdays are only once a year......(((hugs))))

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

YEah I'm not diabetic but I am on metformin for PCOS. It is just very discouraging that for the rest of my life, I will have to pay for 2 weeks just for a night out or birthday meal and cake. My birthday is next week, anyone know how to put a candle in a protein shake?
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I don't have any advice....although I've been having the same problem lately. It used to be....I'd gain it it was all water. I'd drink lots of water and get back on plan and lose a bunch the next couple days. Lately, I haven't been losing the "water weight". Sorry I don't have any advice...but you're not alone. Is it close to TOM (time of month)? Possibly that might have something to do with it. I'm over 40, being tested for diabeties and I suspect premenapausal. Don't know if any of that has anything to do with it....but if any of those situations apply to you it might be something to look at.

Photos
    View albums

usually that five lbs in one day is bloat, and it happens to me all the time. I gained around three lbs since yesterday because I ate a loaf of bread last night......I ain't sweatin' it....

what puzzles me is why it takes you so long to get water weight off...have you tried water pills? they may help..i know some gals on there take them.

good luck and stop stressing.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Angry 1 day of eating bad and I gain 5 lbs??!

I just want to be normal!!! I feel like if I cheat just one day I'm going to lose everything I've worked hard for! It takes me 2 weeks to lose 5 lbs but only a day to put it on...and dont tell me about water weight etc....this has happened before and it took me 3 weeks to get the "water weight" off!
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie