Not eating enough= slow weight loss??

I am going to try and eat a small breakfast and add another snack during the day and see if that helps. Thanks for the help
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 168 ibs 6/24/08 (VACATION)
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08
    CW- 158 ibs 9/16/09 (STARTING AGAIN)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Phen Newbie

You have to eat breakfast. That is very important. This is what i do almost everyday. First i drink at least 100 Oz. of water a day. Get up and take my phen around 5:30 am. Drive to work and eat my breakfast there. For breakfast i eat 2 eggs scrambled on whole wheat buttered toast.(i cant belive its not butter of coarse. I also cook my eggs with it.) Then at 9 or 9:30 am i eat light yoghurt and mix in some post trail mix crunch. At around 11:30 12 pm i eat normally a weight watchers smart one and some fruit. At around 3 pm i have a kashi bar or 100 calorie popcorn or some fruit. Then i eat dinner around 6 and it usally consist of a grilled chicken breast and steam vegatables. Then around 8:30 usally have a piece of fruit or a pickle. Every now and then i cheat but i use portion control. Now lets count how many meals a day that is. 6 i have 6 meals a day. That is what my doctor suggested i do and so far 54 Lbs. in 2 months and 1 week. Basically what i am saying is you need to eat more than what you are eating. Your body will go into starvation mode and will hold on to the fat if you dont have enough calories. Even if you dont feel hungry make yourself eat. My exercise consists of running and walking 3 miles 4 days a week. My doctor said my heart rate should be 160-170 for 1 hour. Depending on your exercise you may be adding too much muscle too fast. Good Luck.

Joe

All I can say is drink at least 64 oz of water, get more fiber, and try to eat breakfast. I am sorry that i can't be more help, but i have found that I can only exercise enoug to burn about 2/3 of what I take in. My body burns the rest by living and then some, but if i exercise too much, I end up where you are now... Not Losing. Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Keep on Keepin' on!

I agrees with Mrs Tiny that breakfast is the MOST important, you get it to burn fuel the first thing in the morning the more it burn off the fat thro out the day. It slows down later in the evening. Eat more in the early day and eat less later.....I know I never feel hungry or up for it to eat first thing in the morning! But I finds good grain cereal fills me for the next couples hours, apple/peanut butter for lunch, soup or salad with protien meat. try go for smaller portions!!!?? Try excercise to a higher level? My young sister, she lost friggin 125 lbs in 11 months! She been like this for 5 years! She is a sport manica now!!! Here is a pic of her in Mexico last week! Im so friggin jealous!!!! LOLLL She tells me that BREAKFAST and SPORTS is how changed her life! HMMM!

What I want for Xmas is... an Onederland!!!

almost!!!

Default Don't give up....

Maybe you should try to eat breakfast, they say that's the most important meal of the day. Even if it's just a piece of fruit at least you are eating something. I eat 5 to 6 times a day, just so that I don't starve my body, that's the worst thing you can do. Most of the time, I have to force myself to eat something....I had a time where the scale hardly moved at all and got upset, but I didn't give up. Actually it was this month (June).I always tell myself this "I put this weight on slowly, so it will slowly come off". I hope this helps...DON'T GIVE UP! We are here for you.

You look great.............Slow progress is better than no progress at all.

May 6 - 184
    May 9 - 182.5
    May 20 - 177.5
    June 5 - 175
    June 30 - 168
    July 2 - 166. 5
    July 6 - 164.5
    July 9 - 162
    July 31 - 158
    Aug 4 - 157.5
    Aug18 - 155

Picture taken on July 12, 2008

My Weight Chart:
    >

Increase your fiber intake...drink more water...when we eat less than the furnace stops burnng, you know what I mean? you need to move all the bajunkadunk outta your system and keep the digestion going. I don't know about you but whenI eat less I lose...I think your body is just used to the same foods, the same routine and has become efficient enough at that amount of calories..shake things UP!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

bumpin cause i want some oppinions .

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08

Could it be that your body is trying to get used to where you are? I have seen that then all of a sudden you drop like 3-5lbs! It does take time for the body to adjust.....but I have no advice for you....good luck, you look fantastic!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Default Not eating enough= slow weight loss??

I ask my doctor if it was true that if i didn't eat enough calories that my weight loss would slow down and he said no. He said as long as i was taking in less calories than i was burning i would lose weight but it seems since i took his advice and i quit making my self eat during the day i have slowed down my weight loss to where it has almost stopped.
    Here is what i do. I take my phen around 8am and after i don't eat breakfast because i am just not hungry. Around 11 i will have a slim fast sometimes and about 3pm a small snack like an apple or some grapes or a small salad then at dinner i have what ever the family is having but i will have something low carb in place of the higher carb item and i also make my portions about half of what i would nomally eat. I am getting around 1000 calories a day at the most and i just can't lose.
    I still work out four times a week and drink water throughout the day. I only get in about three bottles of water a day. Im not sure if that is enough or not.
    I was just wanting everyones oppinion on what i was doing and what you would do in this situation to kick you weight loss back into gear.

Vacation last year

SW- 193 ibs 4/28/08
    CW- 184 ibs 5/05/08
    CW- 181 ibs 5/12/08
    CW- 177 ibs 5/19/08
    CW- 173 ibs 6/02/08
    CW- 169 ibs 6/10/08
    CW- 158 ibs 8/11/08