wellbutrin, energy, depression, new here - many questions!
    Photos
    View albums

Hi Amanda,

I currently take lexapro. I have been on it for a few years at least. I had to stop taking it for a few months because it wasnt covered on my insurance at the time. And I almost had a nervous break down. I can really feel the difference if I dont take it. I dont know about the weight gain. Because I didnt weigh myself during the last few years. I was over weight before the lexapro...so, i dont know if it has put extra weight on me or not. Anyway, sorry this is off topic. Just thought I would share my experience with lexapro. I should check with my doctor to see if when i started lexpro if i started gaining all this weight weight! hmmm

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I thought it was funny too, Phentermine to treat cholesterol? I thought she was kidding, but it's true. I wasn't extremely high, but still high enough. So far, it's coming down..so it must be working. I did some research on line and did find an article about it. Sorry about the texting being so small, I'll try to do better next time.

May 6 - 184
    May 9 - 182.5
    May 20 - 177.5
    June 5 - 175
    June 30 - 168
    July 2 - 166. 5
    July 6 - 164.5
    July 9 - 162
    July 31 - 158
    Aug 4 - 157.5
    Aug18 - 155

Picture taken on July 12, 2008

My Weight Chart:
    >

Photos
    View albums

Default mirror as well as far as feelings and emotions and the meds!

Reading your story is pretty much like my life.. the trauma came a little later in my life about 3 years ago. I lost my son and my daughter I was 4 months pregnant with my son and 7 months pregnant with my daughter! I have been going through a lot emotionally and I found that percocet helped me feel normal and calm.. no anxiety or anything.. I was beginning to like it (minus the constipation). I also expressed it to my dr becasue I do not want to be addicted to anything. For a while I was doing good but one day I got into an argument with my husband's"daughter mother" (we found out she was not his after 7 years 3 months ago) and she said to me that I was jealous of their daughter together and that is why both of my kids died!

That was a serious blow to me as a whole,, I did not know how to act or react! The old me would have been at her house on the first thing smoking, kicking in doors whooping some butt in front of the kids,, not caring! AI decided to not respond actually I supressed it and became depressed because I became obsessed with thoughts of what I would like to do to her if I got the chance,, needless to say her daughter still came over as scheduled and she looked just like her. I never treated the child different but it is a poroduct of her and it was hard not to isolate myself from her. Like I said just recently we found out this is not even his kid which is another blow.. bottom line I was placed on wellbutrin xl.. I also was prescribed klonopin due to anxiety and due to depression I gained weight.. I lost 20 pounds on my own but has 33 more to go and I was prescribed Adipex. So far things are going great with the drugs as well as the counseling!
    Last edited by im_ready; June 30th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

Starting Weight: 197

Mini Goal 10 pounds

WEEK 1: 193 (lost 4 lbs)
    WEEK 2: 189.5
    WEEK 3: 192
    WEEK 4:
    WEEK 5:
    WEEK 6:

10 POUND CHALLENGE BY AUGUST FIRST! IM ON MY WAY!:

Photos
    View albums

Hi there! Funny you should ask because I am on Phen, Wellbutrin and cholesterol meds!

I take Lipitor for cholesterol. I think it and the combo of eating better/losing weight will bring the #'s down.

I have been on Phen for a month. I noticed that "high" feeling the first week and now I just feel normal. I can even take a nap during the day!

I took lexapro for about a year. I gained 10 lbs, lost my sex drive and had to drink 5 cups of coffee a day to stay awake....Needless to say, I am no longer a huge advocate for it! My new doc put me on the wellbutrin and I really do like it. It does have a certain amt of ephedrine in it, so it helps you get up and go as well. It has definitely helped me not be so "down" or anxious as well. The only gripe I have about it is that I have to take it twice a day and I often forget that second dose. There is a brand of Wellbutrin that is once a day, but my ins. doesn't cover it.

Good luck with your journey!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

Photos
    View albums

Phentermine for cholesterol issues? I've never heard of it being used for that; unless you mean that by taking it you would lose weight faster and have more control to eat better than just with the wellbutrin. I don't understand???
    On a side note, my old eyes had a tough time reading the tiny font size, mrstiny. You gave them a real workout this morning. LOL

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Default Thanks to you both!

Hi,
    Thank you both very much for your reply.
    I will talk to my doctor and I think I am going to try the wellbutrin. I am glad that you did not have any of the side affects. I hope that things get better for us all.
    If anyone else has any opinions, please let me know.
    Thanks!

Photos
    View albums

Default Wellbutrin, energy, depresstion

This is almost like looking into a mirror....my childhood problem was mostly with my mother and still is today. I was never good enough for her. At thirteen, she told me that if she knew I would turn out this way she would have never have had me. She'd never go to my school programs, gambling was more important to her. My poor dad, who is a wonderful man, worked all the time, putting in 12 to 14 hours a day. I never understood why he worked so much until recently. We have become closer now, he told me it was because of my mom. She would make you feel like you were worth nothing. She's done this to me all my life. She never worked a day in her life neither. She was a stay at home mom or let's say stay at home gambler. Her and her thai friends would get together all the time at each others house and play thai rummy, it's a card game.

When I was 19, in my senior year in high school, I became pregnant....This was the scariest time for me. I didn't know what to do or who to talk to. When I needed a mom at this time in my life, she wasn't there and with my dad being at work all the time, I didn't have anyone to talk to . I tried hiding my pregnancy , but you can only hide for so long. A girl my brother was dating, I became friends with her mother. I felt very comfortable to talk with her. I told her about me and told me about her. She had lost a baby boy nine days after he was born. She wanted to adopted my baby, but also wanted me to be apart of her life. It was a girl..Well, after I gave birth , the adopted father was a totally A__H___E! He wanted me to stay away and have no contact with the baby. I was devastated. I cried in that hospital, no family around, I was alone. Until, my brother found out, he went to my parents and told them what had happened. My dad...........he came to my rescue. I was in the hospital for seven days, when I was ready to go home, he came for me, took me home and nurse me back to health. My mom, oh was a joke. She wouldn't help me with anything. My dad would come home from work for lunch to look after me.

After I got better, if you can say that, so depressed about the baby I gave up and still no one to talk to. My parents where getting ready to move to...........Korea. Oh hell no, I wasn't about to go there with my mother. I left home and moved to Miami, to get away from my mom and my daughter that I couldn't be with. The adopted mother wrote to me a couple of time and sent me some pictures. But again, here I am alone. While in Miami, I was involved in not one but two date rapes...after Hurricane Andrew took everything from me, even the only pictures that I had of my daughter. Boy life ****ed then.

To make a long story short, I moved to Alaska, meet a guy, got married, had all the drama that comes with a marriage, had another beautiful daughter, husband started doing drugs and drinking heavily. Moved to Colorado to get him away from all of it. and to be closer to his Grandparents who raised him. He realized his problems and one by one he eliminated them, thank god. Because if he hadn't I would have left him. Just recently had another baby, a boy, who is 14 months now and I'm weighing in at 196, the heaviest I have ever been.

On April 17, 2008, I finally went to the doctor and told her that I needed to do something about my weight. I have tried everything in the past and nothing worked. I'm not the type of person to sit around on my butt. Before my son was born, I worked three jobs, even though I didn't have too. I bowled twice a week in the winter and in the summer I would ride my bike all over town and the weight kept going up. Well, she told me about the Wellbutrin. She said it would do the same thing as the phentermine, but I would feel better about myself too. We started out with 150mg for two weeks, then increased it to 300mg. On my third day on Wellbutrin I had lost 3 pounds. I was shocked....I had gone to a health fair in my town to check my overall health. Well, when the blood work came back, it said I had high cholesterol. I called the doctor and the next day I went to see her. At that time I had lost 17 pounds, that's being on the Wellbutrin and my energy level was through the roof. I felt better about myself, my life and who I was. Even the doctor had noticed. Anyways, she prescribed phentermine for the cholesterol. I take the Wellbutrin when I get up in the morning and I take the phentermine around 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. I don't have any side effects like people say they get. I actually feel wonderful and horney too. Husband likes that. Before I didn't want to do it, because I didn't like to way I looked or felt, not anymore......As of today I am down 28 pounds and still going. Life is great and by the way, as for my oldest daughter.....In January 2008 she found me..we haven't met in person, but we do talk a lot, among the emails an texting. Cant wait til the day we meet.

I'm sorry this is ssssoooo long, but I thought I would share my story with you. I hope this helps and hang in there.

May 6 - 184
    May 9 - 182.5
    May 20 - 177.5
    June 5 - 175
    June 30 - 168
    July 2 - 166. 5
    July 6 - 164.5
    July 9 - 162
    July 31 - 158
    Aug 4 - 157.5
    Aug18 - 155

Picture taken on July 12, 2008

My Weight Chart:
    >

Photos
    View albums

Xanax or Valium. They don't give you the same feeling as phen, but it levels out your mood and you sleep a whole lot better, which also helps with mood.
    Sorry so short, it's late here.
    Welcome to the boards!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Question wellbutrin, energy, depression, new here - many questions!

Hi!
    I am new here and I have many questions. I am hoping that some of you wise gals (and guys!) can help me out. I am sorry this is so long, but I do feel I need to tell you my whole story in order for you to be able to give me the proper advice.

First of all, I'm 35 (female) and I just recently graduated from college. I'm married (happily) and we have 3 kids. One is 14, one is 10 and one is 6. Great kids. I will be teaching this year and this will be my first full year of teaching.

I know that both of my parents love me, but I did have a very traumatic childhood. My father never physically abused me, but he did physically abuse my mother. He also verbally and emotionally and mentally abuse her. He was very cruel to her. He was also somewhat mentally abusive to me, but not nearly on the scale that he was to her. My entire childhood I witnessed him threaten to kill her, hit her, point guns at her, keep her from all of her family, just very mean to her. I can't even describe it all at this point because there is just so much of it. But I know that I did live my childhood in absolute terror. He did have good days, but even on those days you never knew when it would start. To this day, I still wake up at night dreaming and have to tell myself that it was just a dream and dad can't hurt us.

They divorced when I was 19. He remarried when I was 25. She is a very nice lady, and on father's day she confessed to me what he is doing to her. The same thing he did to my mom. I have always been very stressed by the whole thing, but I think hearing what is going on just about put me over the edge.

I don't feel that I'm always depressed, but I do feel that I'm always having to struggle to not be depressed. Does that make any sense? And sometimes I lose the battle. In other words, I feel like I'm in this dark hole and if I claw and dig and hang on, I'm able to keep my head up out of it. But sometimes I get too tired to claw and hang on and I slip into the black pit. I have been that way my whole life. I do believe my father suffers with severe depression as well. And I know that his mother did too.

After the birth of my last child, I'm ashamed to say that when taking the pain medicine they gave me, I realized that it made me feel "normal" (or what I would perceive to be normal anyway.) I did not feel high - I just felt okay. Does that make sense? I enjoyed feeling ok. I enjoyed it so much that I actually told my doctor this. I told him because I was afraid that I would get addicted if I was able to get my hands on the pain medicine too easily. He was very nice and very understanding about it. So the pain med has no longer been a problem. However, in the back of my mind, I have often thought I would love to feel normal like I did for those 4 or 5 days!

When my youngest was 6 months old, I went back to school full time. I just now finished and she is six years old. College with 3 kids was very stressful. I also had an hour and a half long commute each way. My kids are great, but they are kids and you know how stressful kids can be. My marriage is great - my hubby is a wonderful husband and friend. But still, you know you have your ups and downs even in a great marriage. I do have a bit of an in-law problem with boundaries and that is very stressful at times. My husband has to work every single holiday (major and minor) and every single Sunday. So during the school year, we only have Saturday off together. And he does have overtime a lot, so sometimes Saturdays are out too. Money is tight, my car needs a new transmission, my husband's job is constantly threatening lay-offs or shift changes. Things are just stressful. I'm about to start a new job.

My weight had crept up and finally, after doing much research, I decided to give phen a try. My doctor gave me two months of it and I lost ten pounds. That was great in itself. However, I noticed again that I felt normal! I truly didn't feel high. I just felt like it was good to get up in the morning. (I had gotten to the point of thinking "what is the point? I clean the house and the kids tear it back up. I say 'no' and inlaws do it anyway." It was like my get up and go had left me! And when I started the phen, it was back!

I know that I can't stay on the phen forever, nor do I want to. But having had a taste of what I perceive normal to be, I want it! I don't know that I'm depressed per se, probably am. But I know I'm also just plain stressed out, exhausted, no energy at all, and then the pain of my childhood that I've never been able to shake (oh, forgot to mention that my mom and sister both were diagnosed with cancer right before christmas.)

I did some research on the internet and wanted to find out if any other drug had any of the same things in them that phen does. I have discovered that it looks like wellbutrin would possibly help me. I am terrified of any side effects. I also do not want to feel "numb" or "high." I just want to be normal, have energy and just care!

So, if anyone has any advice for me, please talk to me.
    Thanks!