Long time no post - update

So sorry to hear that. If you have time and energy, I am realy interested in hearing more about how this all happened in such a short period of time.
    Best of Luck to You!

2. Advertising
    advertising

This is such a eye opening situation.......In my life everything has a purpose and the Lord had directed this path for some reason....I have faith that you will recover and everything will return to its "better" than normal functioning in JESUS name AMEN!!!
    '
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Julia, I am so so sorry this happened to you. It's soooooo scary, and yet you sound so brave in your posts. Hang in there and keep your head up! You're in our thoughts and prayers!

And I just wanted to say got2lose2, you are such a sweetheart! It's in moments like these that I really appreciate this forum, when I really witness the help & hope that it's members can bring to people. I'm glad to be a part of it.
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Silver Phenster

Hi,

OMG...You poor thing. Im glad youre ok. And you will continue to get bettter and better!

Take good care & I will keep you in my prayers!

Andrea
    GO CHARGERS!

Bronze Phenster

I'm so sorry to hear that! That must have been such a scary experience. I wish you well-keep us updated.

Most cases can be reversed....its how long until then that is the issue. My brother was initially told 3 months and it took a year but his body just wasnt ready. He wasn't the best pt either....that prob had a lot to do with it! This will be hard to deal with, but you can do it. Dig deep and find that hidden strength and help it grow!
    8/07 347 lbs
    3/24/08 319 lbs
    3/30/08 Started Phen
    4/14/08 301.8 my lowest in 13 years!
    4/25/08 296 1 month weigh in-3 weeks on Phen
    5/30/08 281 2 month weigh in
    3/27/08 271 3 month weigh in

1st mini goal: 5/1/08 300 lbs
    2nd mini goal: 7/1/08 280 lbs

Bronze Phenster

Thank you so much for your support. I was septic as well (I am told!). i am trying to keep a positive attiude, it's just difficult initially! The way my health goes in the next 6-12 weeks will determine if this can be broken down and reversed, and i am determined that it is possible!!! Thanks so much for your thoughts, I need them right now!
    Goal 1: June 30th: 160
    Goal 2: July 30th 152
    Goal 3: August 30th: 145
    AND JUST MAYBE..... Steptember 30: 140

I am so sorry that you are going through this. My brother had this 2 years ago. His intestine ruptured from diverticulitis. By the time he went to the hospital he was septic. He also received a colostomy....very sad situation.

The emotional toll this takes on a person is unexplainable. My best advise is to get help from a support group for this disease. My brother learned to cope with the bag and also learned adaptations for everyday life from them. Of course we will always be here for you too, but people who have actually gone through this are sooo beneficial! He had the bag for 1 year and was reversed in April. Everything is looking good now and he is finally back to the guy we new. Have they told you how long you will have to have it? Is is reversible? My best advise is to not let this determine who you are. There is life after it! Stay strong. I will keep you in my prayers! If you need to talk about anything, please PM me. I will help you any way I can.
    8/07 347 lbs
    3/24/08 319 lbs
    3/30/08 Started Phen
    4/14/08 301.8 my lowest in 13 years!
    4/25/08 296 1 month weigh in-3 weeks on Phen
    5/30/08 281 2 month weigh in
    3/27/08 271 3 month weigh in

1st mini goal: 5/1/08 300 lbs
    2nd mini goal: 7/1/08 280 lbs

Diamond Phenster

GoodGod, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you DO have a full recovery.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Bronze Phenster

it was a medication induced abcess in my intestines.. clumps of phentermine was what was found in the path report. i was on it for about a month.. im not bashing anyone who takes the med... please dont think that! I am so happy for all of those it works for. I guess it just doesnt work well for everyone.

Bronze Phenster

i am absolutely shocked and so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. i can only imagine how difficult and heartbreaking this must be and ill keep you i my prayers. my mom has a colostomy bag and will have it for the rest of her life and i wouldnt wish that for anyone.

if you dont mind me asking, how log had you been on phen, and was it the only reason for this infection?

stay strong, i have no doubt things will get better and better as time goes on.

i am so sorry this has happened ot you but i am confused. how did phen give you an infection? are you allergic to it?

Bronze Phenster

Default Long time no post - update

Hi Phen Friends,
    I had become quite addicted to this forum and fond of each and every one of you. I want to share a story with you.

I have not logged on for the past 2 weeks because I have been in the hospital. Unfortunately, Phen didn't end up being my friend. I had good results... then.. Onthe saturday night before Fathers day I woke up in the middle of the night with right sided abdominal pain at about 1 am.. I tried to pass it off as gas - i'd had a salad so I was sure that was it - the pain got worse so then tried to pass it off as a kidney stone.. then wondered if maybe it was appendicitis... me being the stubborn person I am refused to go to ER... then things went blank. I woke up 12 hours later... felt my stomach.. it was opened from my lower abdomen to the middle of the chest.. and I had an ostomy bag on me. I was devistated. 2 weeks later I have returned home physicially hurting, but emotionally - hurt doesn't describe what this has done to me.

I am so happy that Phentermine has worked for so many of you. Unfortunately, the phentermine was traced in my intestines to have caused an infection in my small and large intestines that became so sudden and severe to have 6 feet cut out of my body.. 6 feet of small intestine gone - including part of my colon - which explains the ostomy. So here I sit at age 27 with a bag attached to my abdomen that I poop in. I have a private nurse that visits my home each day to take care of me. The doctors and my family and myself hope and pray to the good Lord that I will heal and this will be reversible.

I still plan to check in on this forum and be inspired. I will say I have lost a total of 28lbs in the past 2 weeks, not because of something good, but it has happened.. I will turn to you each for inspiration and strength that I need to make it through each day. Good luck and love to you all. If you ever have any suspicion that your Phen may be making you ill (or any medicine), please get yourself checked out. God Bless.

Julia