Another bloating question
    Bronze Phenster

I've only been on phen for two weeks but the thought of possibly having a lighter cycles has me jumping for joy!!! My cycle is usually extremely heavy which is one reason I wanted to loose weight. My doctor told me that being overweight can cause my cycle to be heavier. It would be even better if I was the fortunate one not to have a cycle in 6 weeks WOOHOO!!!! But my advice to women who are still in their child bearing years (which is up to 50 these days) is to talk to your ob gyn about the effect phen is having on your cycle and ability to reproduce.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Quote Originally Posted by trishri30 View Post
    YOU GUYS MAKE ME FREAKING LAUGH SO HARD MY KIDS LOOK AT ME WEIRD LOL

SO HAS ANYONE HAD LIGHTER PERIODS. MINE IS USUALLY VERY HEAVY IKNOW TMI. BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TOM SINCE STARTING PHEN AND IT OF COURSE CAME EARLY IS LASTING TWICE AS LONG AND IS VERY LIGHT. NEVER LASTED MORE THEN 3 DAYS. ON DAY 5 UGHHHHHHHHHH.
    What you described is me exactly!!

my period is LIGHTER since I took phen. I havne't bene taking phen this past month so we'll see if that changes.....I don't like my period lighter cause it makes me feel like i'm going into menopause or something...I used to have a really heavy flow.....not that i liked it really heavy either but I just hate how phen is messing with my hany nonny stuff.
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

YOU GUYS MAKE ME FREAKING LAUGH SO HARD MY KIDS LOOK AT ME WEIRD LOL

SO HAS ANYONE HAD LIGHTER PERIODS. MINE IS USUALLY VERY HEAVY IKNOW TMI. BUT THIS IS MY FIRST TOM SINCE STARTING PHEN AND IT OF COURSE CAME EARLY IS LASTING TWICE AS LONG AND IS VERY LIGHT. NEVER LASTED MORE THEN 3 DAYS. ON DAY 5 UGHHHHHHHHHH.

i don't think it is possible for the scale to move that much in a day......wow..phen has also messed with my cycle but in a good way i have been on it a month and a few days and didn't have a cycle this time around. nope no preggo. preggo requires having a male body. don't have one. so sorry for everybody and there bad experiences just writing to say all the experiences aren't bad. good luck everyone

Silver Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by countryasadirtroad View Post
    OMG Vanilla, I think you are my weight loss sister!! I am at the same exact weight. I've been on TOM for almost two weeks now. And everyday I feel so full and bloated I'm terrified to step on the scale and see all my weight right back where I started. I feel like one of those commercials for like "gasex" where the peoples shirts just inflate right there and pop off all the buttons!!
    Hey sis! LOL. Glad to see I'm not alone (not that I'm glad any of yall are experiencing this). The bloating seems a little better today (seems to have been replaced with flaming rage). This morning I was so scared to step on the scale that I walked around it and near it for like five minutes! Finally got on and I saw 179!! Now of course I'm worried that tomorow I'll weigh and be back to 193.
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

phen has made my period longer i think ! it was also 6 days. Now its like 7-8. i never got bloated, spotted, or got PMS before phen. I hate it!!!! but i love the weight loss more so i guess it balances out lol
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

try diurex for the week before and during TOM it works wonders at relieving bloat and that stuffed feeling also during TOM watch your sodium intake, it's usually just water retention. And even if your tierd of peeing after that make sure to keep up your water intake.

!!!

1/9/09
    height: 5'6"
    weight: 146.00

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

OMG Vanilla, I think you are my weight loss sister!! I am at the same exact weight. I've been on TOM for almost two weeks now. And everyday I feel so full and bloated I'm terrified to step on the scale and see all my weight right back where I started. I feel like one of those commercials for like "gasex" where the peoples shirts just inflate right there and pop off all the buttons!!
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

girl you crazy.....noone WANTS to go into menopause.....you want to keep that youthful koochie for as long as you can !! You don't want to buy the Costco size vaginal lubricant!!

Okay enough of that...I read before that the swollen boobs and PMS symptoms is an increase in estrogen..hmm....so is phen messing with our estrogen? Enquiring minds wanna know........................
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    See now I have h eard alot of people saying phen screwed with their cycle, that can't be a coincidence....someone told me that it had to do with phen doing something to your metabolism which is tied into hormones (say what?).......much too scientifical for my buttooski, I just know that phen does wierd things to the menstrual cycle.....my boobs should not start hurting two weeks BEFORE Aunt flo is due for a visit..that is just wack (yeah, i know , nobody says wack anymore except white chicks like me trying to be a sista but I said it so whatchya gonna do about it?!).......

All I know is that I only got like four eggs left at best and phen better not be making me go into menopause early cause i am so NOT down with that! Lord only knows how much waxing i'll be needing then, and then all my inside woman stuff will get all dried up and fall out....
    LMAO... I am so ready for menopause. Bring it on!
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

See now I have h eard alot of people saying phen screwed with their cycle, that can't be a coincidence....someone told me that it had to do with phen doing something to your metabolism which is tied into hormones (say what?).......much too scientifical for my buttooski, I just know that phen does wierd things to the menstrual cycle.....my boobs should not start hurting two weeks BEFORE Aunt flo is due for a visit..that is just wack (yeah, i know , nobody says wack anymore except white chicks like me trying to be a sista but I said it so whatchya gonna do about it?!).......

All I know is that I only got like four eggs left at best and phen better not be making me go into menopause early cause i am so NOT down with that! Lord only knows how much waxing i'll be needing then, and then all my inside woman stuff will get all dried up and fall out....

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    OMG!!! The same thing happened to me the last two months I was on phen!! PMS symptoms and bloating started WEEKS before they normally do..it was horrible. I relaly think phen is the culprit. I'm off phen now so we'll see how this mo nth goes.
    I got my period twice this month. How crazy is that??? I missed my last appointment so I may stop phen for now too.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

OMG!!! The same thing happened to me the last two months I was on phen!! PMS symptoms and bloating started WEEKS before they normally do..it was horrible. I relaly think phen is the culprit. I'm off phen now so we'll see how this mo nth goes.

Silver Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Katie1985 View Post
    Phen has totally screwed up my cycles, I feel bloated a lot longer and my cramping has been a lot more severe. From what I've read on here, it's pretty typical for that to happen. You'll feel better when it passes.
    Ugh. TOM stopped yesterday morning (or the night before). Hopefully this feeling goes away real soon. I feel like a grilled stuffed burrito. LOL
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

Bronze Phenster

Phen has totally screwed up my cycles, I feel bloated a lot longer and my cramping has been a lot more severe. From what I've read on here, it's pretty typical for that to happen. You'll feel better when it passes.

Silver Phenster

Mapgirl, my BMs are actually better than ever. LOL. I guess I mean I'm more regular than I was before Phen.

Divine_Agape, I started mine before it was time. And I'm on the Nuvaring, so my TOM never comes until about two days after I remove the Ring to allow my TOM to come. This month it came earlier (while I still had the ring in). I don't think I'm gaining the weight back (weighed this morning at 180.2) it just feels like I'm... overstuffed! I am so dreading tomorrow morning. Does anyone know how to get rid of bloating? Drinking more water and what else?
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2

Wow@ Mapgirl...you look awesome.

As to the question about TOM, I just began my cycle yesterday....first time since beginning PHEN again, and I KNEW it was definitely NOT time for me to began. Has anyone ever started their cycle EARLIER than they're supposed to due to PHEN??

@Vanilla: I,too, feel extremely bloated and don't feel as if I'm losing...however, I don't STEP on a scale until I go for my monthly visit to the clinic, so I won't know if I'm losing or gaining until then...Su*ks for me though. I hope you're NOT really gaining and that it's just a "feeling" due to TOM.
    Never Let a Dark Past,Cloud A Bright Future!

SW: 5/1/08= A whopping 372.3lbs

5/1/08-6/20/08= 354.0 lbs (18lb loss)

Do you see any difference?? Not much....

Ok, I am about to get real personal and I am sorry. How are your Bowel Movements? Since starting the Phen I have realized new feelings with my body. Like when I am having trouble "going" I will feel heavy until I do. I really doubt that you have gained it all back. It also could be nerves. That feeling of...well am I really losing weight or is my mind playing tricks.

You have been doing good and keep it up.
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Silver Phenster

Default Another bloating question

I don't know if this is bloating or what. Normally I feel a little heavier a couple of days before TOM. But this month (first TOM on Phen) I've felt bloated for about two weeks (just about how long my period actually lasted ). The scale finally moved after being stuck at 183 for those two weeks. Now I'm 181 but feel heavier than I did when I started out at 193. I'm terrified that when I weigh myself tomorrow morning I'm going to be back at (or over) 193. That's not possible, right? Is it normal for me to feel so much heavier? I was saying on here a few days ago how it seems I'm only losing weight in the stomach area. It seems like my stomach is bigger than it was before.
    No Phen
    2/08 -- 198.4 (SW)
    2/15 -- 194.2