OT- Anyone have people in their life who...

I feel your pain!!! My mother-in-law refuses to acknowledge my weight loss. She is an overweight person who prefers when everyone around her is overweight. She knows how hard I have been busting my butt to lose this weight, yet she refuses to say anything about it. I am sorry your dad is that way! It is so hard when you have unsupportive relatives!
    3/10/08 - 12/01/08 (-55 lbs)
    1/05/09 169

4th and FINAL GOAL (160 by 3/2/09)

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster

wow i am so glad you didnt give up . no matter what they say only you really no how you feel being big boned is what i use..lol FAT is such an ugly word. you have done good for yourself. we are your family and we want let you down.keep on getting thiner you look great..
    url=http://www.extrapounds.com/] [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Kary_05 View Post
    Oh!, Gosh!!.. I am so sorry that happened to you. Beileive me!, I know about that!. Today was my first day on Phen and I haven't tell my parents about it. (Not that I live with them, I am a grown up woman living by myself) but I have trust on them, BUT NOT ON THIS! I know if I tell them about the pill, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Ummm... Maybe Yes, you are young to take Phen, but if it would be unappropiate for you, your doctor wouldn't have give you the prescription. Right???.

Just please, be careful, and keep going to your doctor for your check ups. That's what I am going to do, I want to loose weight but I don't want to damage my body.

Good Luck!
    yea i realize that im young but i cant even count how many times ive tried to lose weight and i'd lose 5lbs and then..nothing. My family health history is a nightmare and I just dont want to face my life like that. And plus..I'm just tired of sitting at home alone feeling sorry for myself because Im embarassed about how I look. I 100% believe that w/o the phen I would not be where I am today. But I hear what you guys are saying though. I check my pulse when I exercise to make sure its in a healthy range & I get checked when I go 2 the doc's office every 3 weeks.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Oh!, Gosh!!.. I am so sorry that happened to you. Beileive me!, I know about that!. Today was my first day on Phen and I haven't tell my parents about it. (Not that I live with them, I am a grown up woman living by myself) but I have trust on them, BUT NOT ON THIS! I know if I tell them about the pill, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Ummm... Maybe Yes, you are young to take Phen, but if it would be unappropiate for you, your doctor wouldn't have give you the prescription. Right???.

Just please, be careful, and keep going to your doctor for your check ups. That's what I am going to do, I want to loose weight but I don't want to damage my body.

Good Luck!
    Never Give up. You can reach your goal.

Start Weight 183 lb.
    Goal Weight 125 lb.

June 28, 2008 - 183 lb. (Started Phen)
    July 28, 2008 - ??? lb. (1st Month)

Fattyrella I feel bad for u Ur parents seem like they r jealous tho. And Yanie ur right I might have to start doing that with them if that will get them off my back!

Starting over again!!!!

I am not taking the position as a lecturer or your momma' but there is a lesson to be learned and you passed. An "idled tongue" (will take you far) when people say things that they know will possible offend you, they continue to talk about it. Each time looking for a reaction, do not give them what they are looking for! If you comment on anything they say, they use it as permission to continue, but if you ignore, they feel foolish!!!!! Even your granny(I am so sorry, I am not trying to be disrespectful to her) This can be respectfully done! Tell them Thank You and move on give them no room to continue the conversation!!!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

My father is like that too..........and he is a fatty himself! Plus now that I am on Phen my parents blame my short temper not on the fact that they are INSANE but on phen.
    Example:

Mom: "What time will you be here for your birthday Tuesday"
    Me: "Ma, I already told you I am going to be at work.......its the busiest two weeks of the year, the entire company is pulling 18 hour days"
    Mom: "Well what time will you get home you think?"
    Me: "Probably not till 10 or 11"
    Mom: "Well that's fine, come by for dinner" (they commonly have dinner at 10PM - this is an ongoing issue I have with them cause I want to be in bed at 10PM since i get up at 4)
    Me: "No, I am not going to start a visit at 10 at night......I'd be here all night and I have work the next day"
    Dad: "Oh like your the only one who has a job"
    Me: "Joe, you get out of bed at 11 in the morning and answer your email in your underwear till 3....Im at my desk at 6"
    Dad: "Oh I forgot how f***ing special you are.....dont have any time for you family, all wrapped up in your own life and we dont count" (at this point this speach will go on for like a half hour.....full of explitives and insults) ".....not like you wouldn't sit there and eat everything your mom made - ya know we really thought you were gonna drop pounds when you moved but I dont know"
    Me: "I dont have a life anymore, I go to work and dont start on my weight we all know its the meds and my activity restrictions.............and your not too svelt yourself there buddy"

Now my father will usually start screaming and cursing like a maniac........after a while of that my mom interjects

Mom "Oh forget her, she is just having a mood swing cause she is on drugs"

Like I am a crack head......not cause I am dealing with childish, selfish people.

I could go on for WEEKS about my parents........I wont even start on my filth bag animal sister!

Dont let other people bother you - other people dont count!
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.

I had the same conversation with my mom. Although I am a nurse, she still feels like I can't make good decisions regarding my health. When I explained that if the pills didn't kill me, then high blood pressure and diabetes would. After I've lost almost 25 lbs., she's asking if she would be a good candidate to take it.
    5/08 SW-270
    8/7/08 CW 239-Taken off Phen by MD
    9/5/08 CW 230-Life without Phen Challenge

Goals, schmoals. I just come here to talk, and if I lose weight, that's great!

Same place next year? NOT!!!

Diamond Phenster

Sorry your dad is not more supportive.

You are young and on your way to a healthy life - the weight loss battle will hopefully be behind soon and you can wait for the next thing in your life he is critcal about. LOL

Just give him a big ole hug and say "Dad I love you & your ways"
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Yes, I call them "family." LOL
    Only one knows about the phen and I feel like I should not have told even her.
    The last time we were all together, I tried to talk to them about mood meds since our family is all very drama queenish (yells a lot at the smallest things). I thought perhaps we should consider there might be a genetic component to it and wondered if I should explore medication to help. They were so judgemental about it that I dropped the subject. I didn't let it stop me though. I now proudly take 1/2 of a Xanax every night and I now know what it is like to sleep well and I rarely feel like kicking behinds over stupid things.
    Don't let other people stop you from achieving healthy goals you set for yourself. One of the biggest changes in my life started to happen when a coworker said: "I think you should do what makes you happy." After panicing awhile because I had no idea what that was due to no one ever telling me that was an option, I started explore what would make me happy. At first, I had to eliminate what DIDN'T make me happy so I would have room to consider what would. Ever since, my life is so much better. I highly recommend every one try to answer; "What makes you happy?" I've since graduated from college, quit a job I hated, and lost 68ish pounds. That's one of the reasons it's taking so long for me to find another job-I want one that makes me happy. Who knew that was an option in life? Not me! I can't wait to find out what else will make me happy!
    You just keep pushing forward even if that means you don't share some things with people who seem to think it's their job to push you down. Onward, Soldier!
    Last edited by Band Mamma; June 28th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Just believe in yourself. Some people feel better putting others down. I am not saying that is what he is doing. You should feel realy proud of what you have done. It is hard to loose weight and keep it off. You have done a great job and he should be proud of you. Some of us need a push and my push is my ex husband. He told me no one would ever want a fat women with two kids. So I have lost 114 pounds on phen plus his fat ***. Great job and keep up the good work!!!
    This has defendly been a road well traveled, I have never looked back,Hope the furture is as bright as the sun.....

I think we all have family like that but I also believe that in most instances there is a lot of love and concern behind what seems like negative behavior. I have only told my husband about the Phen and I really don't talk about it so I am really not even sure if he remembers (good).
    My mother worries about EVERYTHING so I know that if I told her, she'd call me eveyday all day to make sure I was still alive. For her sanity and mine I keep it to myself.
    Incidently, I have a young daughter myself so I know that I would also be concerned for someone your age. As long as you are under your Dr's care and doing well just keep up the good work, but if your father didn't love you, he wouldn't be concerned so just try and see it for what it is. (((((hugs)))))!
    Your Phen Fam is in your corner.
    If I sound like a Mom its cause I am one
    Highest weight= 296lbs, Lost 70 lbs on Weight Watchers
    Started Phen 4/16/08 @ 226 lbs.
    7/14/08 199.0 lbs Onderland!
    CW 9/26/08 = 182 lbs

"Esta Negrita tiene tumbao"

August 2008 August 2005

thanks u guys..at least im not the only one with family like this! ((hugs))

Starting over again!!!!

I am sorry your dad is so harsh about it. People who don't have a weight problem don't have a clue.

You should be very proud of yourself.... forget about everyone else.. I can say that because I have not told anyone that I am on phen..And I am married... I weighted at my heaviest at 218 and am now at 176 and my HUSAND has not complimented me yet ,, I have a 5 1/2 yr old son who does telll me mommy you look good...And I love him even more for that...

I feel for ya!! I've got the same thing... Only my hubby knows and thats it. If I told me mom, she would tell everyone that she knows.... including my sisters. Then my sisters will ask me for some while making fun of me behind my back. It's a vicious circle.
    So, I don't tell anyone!
    (((HUGS))) Just remember you are the one making the right choices & exercising... NOT THE PILL!!!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

((((((Hugs)))))))

I am really sorry that you are dealing with your family being unsupportive. It really stinks that they can't just be happy for you and wish you well along your journey. I am glad that you are doing this FOR YOU.

Do not allow this negativity to slow you down. You are doing such a great job, I am really proud of you. Just know that we are all here to support you. You deserve to be happy with who you are. YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!! I will be right here cheering you on.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Bronze Phenster

Hey Girl. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that and that your dad isn't understanding. I know how it is, except with me, it's I tell my mom something and ask her to please not tell my grandma...but she always does.

Like you said, you are doing this for YOU. Your under a doctors supervision right? So then, if there were any effects your doc would pull you off them.

Good luck and congrats on your weight loss.

Angry OT- Anyone have people in their life who...

Will hate on whatever you do, good or bad? I do!! When I decided to take Phen, I told my mom not to tell my dad, b/c he is TOTALLY NEGATIVE. This is some1 who cant comprehend what its like to b overweight & have low self esteem b/c he's never had to go through that. Also I didnt want to tell him b/c he cant keep a da*n thing to himself & I know it would get around to others in his family (like my gossiping-no life having grandma whose joy in life is to talk about people!). But I was like whatever i dont really care who knows now, b/c I'm doing great!! So he was talking about weightloss for the JILLIONTH time (which is all he seems to talk about with me? Hmm i wonder why..) and I casually brought up the phen. He's like "isnt that the stuff that kills people??!" I'm like "no, that was phen-fen which isn't available in the U.S. anymore. Phentermine is FDA approved and has been since 1959". And then he goes "oh..well do u think u really need that stuff? You're only 18 BLAH BLAH BLAH"

First of all.. I've been overweight since childhood! I was never ever EVER skinny. For goodness sake I weighed over 200 lbs when I was just 12 years old!! And the more you try to lose weight, the harder it gets. So I was like "yea I need it b/c without it I doubt I would have lost almost 40lbs". (Oh & he kept asking my mom does she think she really needed lap band surgery but thats a diff story lol). So yea, I'm pretty sure its gonna circulate around that I'm on "diet drugs" and that I'm playing with my health taking it. But I just dont care what anyone has to say about me & my weightloss. I did this for me b/c I'm tired of feeling bad about myself due to my weight.

::sigh:: sorry for this long post..I just needed to vent tonight.

Starting over again!!!!