^^^^Why are oncall Doctors such A.SSHOLES??^^^^
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by got2loose2 View Post
    Cal me crazy, but I think the glass broke for a reason.......someone was sending you a message to not eat that food. It could very well have been the Phen Gods. If that was me and that lid broke out of the blue I would have been freaked! But thats just me......I am seriously a scaredy cat and get weirded out easily! Still, I believe everything happens for a reason!

If people are glass eaters and they are ok, I think you will be too. It suc** when you plan a meal with so much thought, time and money and it goes bad. I feel for ya girl!
    yea it really could have been a sign, you never know!!

Quote Originally Posted by BronzyBella View Post
    Girl...I didn't even realize you live in MD!!! lol
    yea i do lol
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Cal me crazy, but I think the glass broke for a reason.......someone was sending you a message to not eat that food. It could very well have been the Phen Gods. If that was me and that lid broke out of the blue I would have been freaked! But thats just me......I am seriously a scaredy cat and get weirded out easily! Still, I believe everything happens for a reason!

If people are glass eaters and they are ok, I think you will be too. It suc** when you plan a meal with so much thought, time and money and it goes bad. I feel for ya girl!
    8/07 347 lbs
    3/24/08 319 lbs
    3/30/08 Started Phen
    4/14/08 301.8 my lowest in 13 years!
    4/25/08 296 1 month weigh in-3 weeks on Phen
    5/30/08 281 2 month weigh in
    3/27/08 271 3 month weigh in

1st mini goal: 5/1/08 300 lbs
    2nd mini goal: 7/1/08 280 lbs

BronzyBella

Quote Originally Posted by LoSingWeightin08 View Post
    awww...im sad that happened to u but that experience u had with the doctor is no surprise @ all to me..idk wut part of MD u live in but i know that in my county & esp. the doctors in the District..they're rude as HELL!! sorry bout ur food..it sounded really good
    Girl...I didn't even realize you live in MD!!! lol

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by BronzyBella View Post
    Ok....so......I have been craving Cube Steak smothered in gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn for the past 2 weeks. I wanted to hold off on making it because it is not the healthiest of meals and I wanted it to be a treat.

So today was the day!!! I was super excited to make it just like my mommy makes it ! So I cook up the whole meal and was getting ready to make my plate. I was proud of myself because it came out JUST like my mother's. I really wanted this meal. I mean....in the middle of me cooking I ran out to the grocery store because I didn't have an ingredient. So anyway....I am moving arond the cube steak in the gravy and I have the glass top, to the, pot in my hand. All of a sudden the top shatters (not over my pot, but next to it----like a 90 degree angle). I didn't hit it up against anything I didn't have it over direct fire. So I have no idea how it happened. It broke in 3 big chunks and a couple of small pieces. So it was a quick clean up. I thoroghly sift through my cube steak and gravy and I didn't find any glass. So I make a plate (I know....that was stupid...but I really thought it was ok). Just to be safe I ate slowly checking every piece. I didn't find any glass, so I felt alright about it.

Just to be cautious I wanted to ask my Dr if any tiny (saw dust sized) pieces of glass is harmful to mistakingly eat. I don't think I ate any, but I was just being extra careful. I called the oncall Dr.. She answered the phone with the worst, slurred voice, attitude. And she continued this attitude during the whole conversation. The conversation went as follows:

Me: Hello my name is *~*~*~* and my doctor is Dr. *~*~. I wanted ask you a quick question.

Doctor B.itch: Ummmm....ok

Me: I was cooking dinner and the glass top to my pot broke, not over the food but next to it. I didn't find any glass in there the food. So I ate the food slowly, while keeping an eye open for anything. Do you think that will be a problem??

Doctor B.itch: Ummm, do I think what will be a problem?

Me:....that I ate the food. What if there was a tiny sawdust/salt-sized piece in there. Would that be harmful to me?

Doctor B.itch: Wellllllll ummmm, I wouldn't have eaten it in the first place (dry chuckle)

Me: Yes you are right BUT I did eat it and I am calling you for you professional opinion. Not on what you would have done.

Doctor B.itch: oooooook....wellllllll if you have an uneventful night, then I would assume everything is fine.

Me: Ok thank you (click----i just hung up)

Ok....duh...I know if the night goes well I'm fine. I just wanted to know if by any chance a saw dust piece got in my food, would I be alright. She just aggravated me because her tone was so rude. I know I shouldn't have eaten it, when I think about it now (it was actually REALLY stupid). But I thought it was alright because i thouroly checked it.

So anyway, just to be safe I threw the rest of my steaks in the garbage disposal . Money and time wasted.-----But the saga continues!!!! As I was putting the steaks in the disposal I found 3 pea-sized peices of glass in there. So I'm happy I threw them away. I'm just aggravated because 1. the glass mysteriously broke....2. the dr was a jerk....3. I had to throw away the dinner I have been craving for forever....and 4. I'm hoping I didn't swallow any glass.

awww...im sad that happened to u but that experience u had with the doctor is no surprise @ all to me..idk wut part of MD u live in but i know that in my county & esp. the doctors in the District..they're rude as HELL!! sorry bout ur food..it sounded really good
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Good lord woman - now I want a phone call from you every hour through the night ... to check in that you are doing ok!
    LOL

Sorry about the whole fiasco.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

BronzyBella

lol...yeah I REALLY did want that meal lolllll. But I honestly thought it was fine, ya know? If I had found glass in there prior to eating I wouldn't have even taken a chance and eaten it. But oh well it was good while it lasted lol. I'll have took cook it again some other time.
    I'm happy to hear you daughter was alright. I don't know why some doctors are so laxed about some things. We don't have their knowledge so they are supposed to tell us things to inform us and ease our mind.

Photos
    View albums

yeah, she shouldn't have been rude. i was thinking WOW u MUST have really wanted that meal haha. but still, that's unprofessional. i'm sure you'll be fine......i really wouldn't worry about it. if u did eat a piece that was big enough to matter i'm sure it would've cut your mouth. my daughter swallowed a safety pin one time....and it was OPEN in her stomach. i was at school and my husband called me. i had to tell my professor that i had to leave cus my daughter swallowed a safety pin....MEN! i took her to the doctor immediately cus i was so scared it would cut her insides or burst something, but the doctor acted like it was no big deal...said she would poop it out. as long as it hadn't gotten stuck in her lungs(which it didn't) the x ray was crazy....looked just like the ones on cartoons where someone swallows a shoe or something. you could see the pin plain as day......but anyway u wouldn't have swallowed a piece of glass big enough to matter....and if u did, u will poop it out. amazingly, she pooped the safety pin out without ever knowing it. i would think that would be PAINFUL but nope..........weird how our body works.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Wow sounds like an eventful night and yes on call doctors are always asses
    I called once when i was pregnant and couldn't stop itching my whole entire body and they just tolde me to take benadryl and when i went in to see my doc she said it could be really serious something called cholestatis

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN
    9th- 188 lbs
    25th- 186 lbs
    JUNE
    13th- 186 lbs
    20th- 182 lbs

BronzyBella

Angry ^^^^Why are oncall Doctors such A.SSHOLES??^^^^

Ok....so......I have been craving Cube Steak smothered in gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn for the past 2 weeks. I wanted to hold off on making it because it is not the healthiest of meals and I wanted it to be a treat.

So today was the day!!! I was super excited to make it just like my mommy makes it ! So I cook up the whole meal and was getting ready to make my plate. I was proud of myself because it came out JUST like my mother's. I really wanted this meal. I mean....in the middle of me cooking I ran out to the grocery store because I didn't have an ingredient. So anyway....I am moving arond the cube steak in the gravy and I have the glass top, to the, pot in my hand. All of a sudden the top shatters (not over my pot, but next to it----like a 90 degree angle). I didn't hit it up against anything I didn't have it over direct fire. So I have no idea how it happened. It broke in 3 big chunks and a couple of small pieces. So it was a quick clean up. I thoroghly sift through my cube steak and gravy and I didn't find any glass. So I make a plate (I know....that was stupid...but I really thought it was ok). Just to be safe I ate slowly checking every piece. I didn't find any glass, so I felt alright about it.

Just to be cautious I wanted to ask my Dr if any tiny (saw dust sized) pieces of glass is harmful to mistakingly eat. I don't think I ate any, but I was just being extra careful. I called the oncall Dr.. She answered the phone with the worst, slurred voice, attitude. And she continued this attitude during the whole conversation. The conversation went as follows:

Me: Hello my name is *~*~*~* and my doctor is Dr. *~*~. I wanted ask you a quick question.

Doctor B.itch: Ummmm....ok

Me: I was cooking dinner and the glass top to my pot broke, not over the food but next to it. I didn't find any glass in there the food. So I ate the food slowly, while keeping an eye open for anything. Do you think that will be a problem??

Doctor B.itch: Ummm, do I think what will be a problem?

Me:....that I ate the food. What if there was a tiny sawdust/salt-sized piece in there. Would that be harmful to me?

Doctor B.itch: Wellllllll ummmm, I wouldn't have eaten it in the first place (dry chuckle)

Me: Yes you are right BUT I did eat it and I am calling you for you professional opinion. Not on what you would have done.

Doctor B.itch: oooooook....wellllllll if you have an uneventful night, then I would assume everything is fine.

Me: Ok thank you (click----i just hung up)

Ok....duh...I know if the night goes well I'm fine. I just wanted to know if by any chance a saw dust piece got in my food, would I be alright. She just aggravated me because her tone was so rude. I know I shouldn't have eaten it, when I think about it now (it was actually REALLY stupid). But I thought it was alright because i thouroly checked it.

So anyway, just to be safe I threw the rest of my steaks in the garbage disposal . Money and time wasted.-----But the saga continues!!!! As I was putting the steaks in the disposal I found 3 pea-sized peices of glass in there. So I'm happy I threw them away. I'm just aggravated because 1. the glass mysteriously broke....2. the dr was a jerk....3. I had to throw away the dinner I have been craving for forever....and 4. I'm hoping I didn't swallow any glass.