upping cals
    loweing cals
    counting carbs
    raising carbs
    lowering carbs
    upping exercise
    lower exercise
    taking time off of phen...

You name it i tried it. The only thing that got the scale moving again was the "6wk mini makeover" its very similar to the Atkins induction phase. It worked for me. I was told that even something as little as changing your food, if you've been eating the same things, will help. Same with changing up your exercise routine.

hope this helps... I hate plateau's they are of the devil!!!! LMAO!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Change up your routine. If you have been consistently doing the same exercises, your will rev up again once you alter your workout. My sister who is also losing weight (w/o phen) recently hit a plateau. I told her exactly what I am telling you, and she says it worked.

Since I don't really workout with any frequency, I use the Atkins induction phase to get the scale moving again whenever I feel stuck. Hope this helps.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Thanks for the all the information. My clinic gives the Lipo/B shots so I'm going to call them next week to see if I can come in for one. Even if it jump starts the loss a little at this point. I'm miserable and totally ready to give up at this point. I know that's what sabotages me all the time, but I'm so f'in frustrated at this point, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to handle it! I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully I'll be able to get the scale to move.

I was thinking of taking a week or so off of phen but the thought scares me to death. Anyone think it's a good idea or should I just wait it out?

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

hi there!

first of all, i think we all plateau at some point so its definately normal and although its frustrating, youll get past it!! i went to my clinic today and talked to someone new and she told me to one, eat my carbs early in the day, and as few as possible at dinner because they give you energy and help with your metabolism. also, if you are really active, i would say maybe you need to up your cals. ive been trying to stay around 1200 but because i excercise so much, it was suggested to up that by a couple hundred. also try not to eat within the 4 hrs before youre gonna sleep.

so cla is supposed to reduce tummy fat. the first time i even took the stuff i noticed a difference for sure, but now im on it again and not so much. the thing with cla though is you have to take a lot of them. 2 or 3 after every meal. also, you may not see results until after the first month. i believe 5htp is supposed to make the effects of the phen work a little better or something like that and also i believe it is a mood stabilizer to and extent. ive taken this also but didnt see any difference.

look into the lipo shot. not sure exactly what its called but ask your doc if you dot already take it.

sorry this is so long, hope it helped a lil!

Photos
    View albums

Default Help, I'm Stuck!!!!!!

OK, I'm getting so completely frustrated. I'm stuck. I've been doing all that I'm supposed to, watching calories, drinking water, exercising. I can't seem to get the scale moving. When I went to the doctor last week, I was told that I lost a pound and a half of fat and gained a pound and a half of water. They have a scale that measures everything, I don't understand it! So I actually took it as a pound and a half loss since I should lose the water. But now, nothing. I have no idea what to do. I think I might be retaining a lot of water because I feel uncomfortable, you know that bloated feeling. My TOM isn't due for another 2 weeks so that's not it. I was going to take a water pill, but not sure if that'll help. I started taking CLA and 5-HTP but I'm not even sure if I know what to expect from it.

Anyone hit a plateau in the past and can tell me how to get passed it? I've been doing so great and for the first time in a long time I was looking forward to summer, now not so much? Should I just ride it out? Also, if anyone has any positive experiences with CLA or 5-HTP, I'd love to hear it, if only to feel a bit of hope at this point

SW 11/28/07 228.5

Last 5 Weigh-Ins
    CW 9/9/08 186.0
    CW 10/8/08 182.5
    CW 11/4/08 182.0
    CW 12/2/08 186.0 no phen for a month
    CW 12/30/08 184.5
    GW 150

Mini Goal # 1 199 REACHED!!!!
    Mini Goal #2 189 REACHED!!!
    Mini Goal #3 179