Completely OT: Does anyone have a sister...

I got a family member like ur sister...i totally just remembered lol. My aunt is 58 years old & she still needs her mother to bail her out of her troubles! She married some dead beat loser she found on the streets LITERALLY (he was homeless!!) just b/c she felt like her biological clock was ticking. They had two kids (the oldest is my age) and they never bothered to educate them, and the guy keeps them in the house all freakin day! He doesnt like her seeing her family but yet when she's in trouble he doesnt mind her asking all of them for money?? She's had to file for bankruptcy TWICE and he's thrown his own child out on the streets NUMEROUS TIMES, but yet she doesnt leave him. And my grandma? I kno that its wrong to say this but I cannot stand her @ all. She puts her on a pedestal,doesnt care too much about her other 2 kids lives' and u cannot have a convo with that woman w/o it being about "omg carolyn is going through so much blah blah blah". Oh yea did I mention that HE DOESNT WORK? And he's such a racist too! He swares "the white man is out to get him" . Yea okay wutever buddy no1 is out to get u ! I definitely dont understand why she expects people to handle her mess, and my father totally falls for her stupid schemes too. I feel bad for him sometimes but then I dont b/c he's more than old enough to see that she's STUPID and she doesnt want to leave him. He even gave that lady his old car FOR FREE b/c hers got repo'd !! The drama goes on & on with those people, and when I see any of them call I just ignore the calls b/c I dont have time for any1's bull**** in my life. I got my own problems!!!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Ugh,how frustrating.I am sorry to hear she is so selfish and inconsiderate. I have an awesome sister,thankfully.

I am sorry about what your going through, family can be a trip.
    Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil say "oh sh%t! that B%tch is up!

i have a sister i don't even speak to now for a lot of reasons....most the fact she's crazy because pills run her life. she dropped out of school when she was 15 cus she was pregnant.....by a guy that was like 25. she's been in jail i don't know how many times. once she was pregnant and in jail. when she was 16 she got an apartment and my mom furnished her entire apartment and bought like everything for her baby.....she didn't get a job like ever. when i was 16 i started working full time while going to school....moved out on my own and my mom gave me NOTHING. my apartment was bare except for the couch i bought that cost 500 dollars. then, when i got pregnant with my first child i think my mom bought her an outfit....as in AN outfit. i don't understand why it's like the ones who don't try to do anything for themselves get everything handed to them..........kind of like the way america is ran........but if you try and work your *** off you get no help. i'm still trying to figure it out. but i look at it this way............she's 30 years old and has nothing......she'll never have anything to show for her life, and i do.......and will. so, whatever!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

I have four sister, none of which live in my state, so the drama they experience seldom floats into my life.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

band momma~ you and i sound a like! LOL..
    i do the same things with my sisters. I stop talking and walk away from them when they start bad mouthing the other person. Same with my mom.
    My mom has 7 grandkids from 4 girls....
    1st - she had 3 kids - 1st born (boy) was taken away from his mom because she was a druggie, 2nd she 'accidently' ran her over while she was drunk... and still has her youngest. Single mom
    2nd - She has her boy, but my mom raised him until he was 5... then my sis decided she could do it. Single mom
    3rd - me... the only one that got married THEN had a kid. Just a food junkie! LOL... never touched anything else besides smoking cigs
    4th - two kids, a girl & a boy, my mom has had the girls since she was 9 months, and now has the boy who is 15 months.

Nice huh?? Talk about a eff'd up family huh??? Suddenly it's so plain as to why i have issues with my weight!!! LMAO
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Diamond Phenster

I got to thinking about my sister and since I can't buy her a life ... I went out and got her a little something last night, sent it off in todays mail. It will bring her a temporary smile.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

I am sorry to hear that Band Momma.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Thanks guys... I wouldn't wish anything bad on any of you, but it is still kinda nice to know I am not alone.

I forgot to mention that my sister helps everyone else in her life. In fact, I think she looks for charity cases to give her money and time to. She could care less about family unless we can help her, but the people she meets one day and need help the next, she is there for.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your stories. I really do appreciate the support.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

I will trade your one for my three. LOL
    Plus my parents raised 3 grandkids and 2 of them are the same way.
    Once I realized that my parents were allowing this to happen because they like to be martyrs and feel the need to always be someone's "savior" and have a kid around, I let it go. I end conversations where any of them complain about the other because it's their own mess they made so they can live with it. I refuse to get in the way of them learning the lessons they need to learn.
    One of my sisters lives in the same small town that I do. I haven't seen her in something like 3 years. At my son's graduation party, my parents, sisters, their husbands, and their kids were all no-shows. Big a ss suprise. No congratulatory phone calls, emails, or cards either. Whatever!

Diamond Phenster

Dang Dalako - that's a d a m n shame.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Diamond Phenster

YES - to answer your question ...Yes, Mercy - Yes, I have a sister that can drive me bonkers. Like you, I don't know how we came from the same parents.

She has almost no life and will feed off of anything you say. Learned a long time ago not to confine in her.
    Not too long ago she was spewing forth someone's business to me - and I told her ... "you know stop right there,,,,, that is THEIR business not mine - Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people and I'm just not interested"
    She was like "Oh ok"
    NOT the reaction I would have guessed, but ok.

This reality tv crap - to watch it, yuck - to think about it a second later after it's off ???? to me it's like, you are REALLY thinking about this? So she started telling me about so and so I was so lost, so I was like "Hellooooooooooooooo what are you talking about?" Then she told me it was SHOW!
    So I shared my opinion of them that I find the reality shows where adults willingly sacrifice their self respect and dignity for 15 minutes of fame puzzling enough. And I'm not trying to be inconsiderate, but maybe finding some one that shared her interest would be satisfying for her.

She in general HATES people / society. She will not even put a bed in her guest bedroom - therefore, no one can stay with them.
    When I took the boys for a walk in her neighborhood - one of her neighbors waved, she put her head down and said "keep walking" under her breath.

She forgot who she was walking with - Not only did I wave back, the couple walked out to meet us and see the boys - I HAD TO INTRODUCE HER TO HER OWN NEIGHBORS. The boys are like magnets, I'm use to it.
    So they shared their story of the GREAT Grandchildren that were triplets etc. No harm no foul, just convo.

she was visiting one time ... we were all outside ... several of us out in the culd de sac visiting and one of my neighbors walked out with a covered dish and said "Had dinner yet?" and kept walking, right into my front door - my sisters eyes about popped out of her head. In a minute - my neighbor comes out and keeps walking by - "enjoy"
    Hell - my sister thought she was poisoning us or something. I heard about "that lady just walked right in your house" for 2 years. I just laugh.

Well now a million stories are going through my head ... lol
    I can not think of one thing we have in common - I use to kid my mom always "You adopted me didn't you???"

She's lonely and more than anything I feel sorry for her - so I try to keep lines of communication open in a positive direction. But when she starts to stray ... I fade away for a bit. It's a little cycle that we go in.

In this long winded closing ... I know I missed out on having my best friend as my sister ... but it's ok - I have quality friends that fill the void.

So again YES.
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Doll I hear ya!!!
    I have something similar!
    My families situation is:
    Dad only works when he wants to... he has a 'home remolding & repair' company-but constantly turns down jobs when they 'don't fit his schedule' type of b.s.- his schedule consists around the SCI-FI channel... He works about 2-3 months out of the year for a nuclear power plant... but other than that- he doesn't work. Hasn't paid taxes of any kind in the last 5 yrs. No income, No Fed, No state, No property tax.... IRS is now threatening to take their home. But he can buy the new MAC computer that just came out & all the gadgettes that can come with it....
    Mom- is disabled by rotator cuff injury- won't work (she can pick up a phone and talk to the whole neighborhood... why can't she be a receptionist??)... I think it's B.S. She is constantly taking money from my older sister. She obtains the cash via guilt trips. She used to do it to me... but I stopped it. Mom pays for everything for younger sister who is a crack head! LITERALLLY!! She takes care of my crackhead sisters 2 kids, by 2 diff men... My mom is constantly bailing her out of jail, buying her this car or that phone, or clothes... basically anything she wants. My sister comes and goes as she pleases. Normally returning when she needs something.
    Younger Sister (crackhead)- She has been doing this since she was 16, in and out a jail, prision, treatment after treatment... she is now 28. YUP she's been doing this for 12 yrs... and there is no sign of it stopping anytime soon. She doesn't help out with the house, or money, or even her own kids... nothing!

So i feel for you!!! I know what you are talking about! Just remember (this helps me when I get pissed off) I am only incontrol of me!!!

((((HUGS))))
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Bronze Phenster

Just remember this one thing as well, you may be going through so much and dealing with ungrateful people around you, and some wonderful people. Just remember that inside you are going to grow from this and become a stronger and possibly more independant person with a more realistic view on life and an appreciation of life as well. I hope everything gets better for you, i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I now how you feel - how selfish!

Bronze Phenster

Well I completely understand it is normal to need to vent. Trust me I know.
    Last edited by YoungPhoenix; June 26th, 2008 at 03:38 PM.

I believe there is one of those in every family. I happen to have 2. I understand how you feel completely. Your parents have to let her fend for herself now. She is an adult and must act like one.
    texaslady

2/14/08: 240 (started phen)
    2/20/08: 238
    2/27/08: 232
    3/3/08: 230 (break from phen)
    3/8/08: 230
    3/14/08: 232 (gained 2 lbs. since being off phen)
    3/15/08: started back on phen
    3/19/08: 232
    4/2/08: 228
    5/7/08: 226
    5/16/08: 224
    5/24/08: off of phen
    6/3/08: 223
    GW=185

Awww im sorry to hear that your parents are having a difficult time right now.ur sis may not really realize how good she has it until one day she looks around & she has to support herself.
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

It is totaly ok... You gotta vent sometimes....
    I know what you mean about haveing a sibling like that....... my brother is like a total alcoholic and every time this boy can poop in a bucket and can come out smelling like a freaking rose so to speak....... all you can do is hold it is till you can take no more and then get them off by them self and blow ...
    But its ok to vent , gotta do it

Angry Completely OT: Does anyone have a sister...

...that drives you completely BONKERS!?!?!?!?!?

Mine does. My family is in turmoil right now. No income for months for my parents, dad is looking for a job, mom is ill and has lots of daily pain, and my sister lives at home, but does not contribute. Just a bit of background... all of this has been going on since the end of last year or longer. Mom has been sick for 6 years. My day has been jobless since November 2007. My sister has been living off of my parents since birth, almost 22 years. My parents now have to sell their house, and they will most likely be leaving the state for a job he is interviewing for now. My sister has two sources of income, but never gives any of it to my parents.

Here is what gets me. She earns money, but blows it at bars and on things she doesn't need. Mom pays her Medical Insurance, her Student Loan from culinary school, her Car Insurance, all the utilities, food, and mortgage that she takes advantage of, her gas sometimes, for supplies she needs to do cakes for special occassions that she gets paid for, but mom never gets any of, and then some. She says she is helping mom and dad by living there and has herself convinced of that. When dad said they had to sell the house she blew up and said I thought you had this under control. She is giving no help in the process of getting the house ready to show. She never helps with anything else either. She doesn't do dishes, laundry, clean, do yard work, run errands, take care of the dog, nothing. I get so aggravated. I find myself avoiding her just so I don't have to talk to her. How is it possible that we grew up with the same parents and came out so different? With her, it is "If I don't acknowledge it" or "If I don't see it" it must not be there or true. Argh!

Ok... I am sorry. I needed to vent.
    Keep on Keepin' on!