Work-Out Routines????
    Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

if youre not an excercise person, id recommend swimming. its really great for the body. also, try and get the majority of your carbs in during breakfast and lunch, not at dinner.

good luck!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I honestly am excited that I am back in the game about getting myself into shape, not just for looks but for health too. My goal is to lose it down to 170 or so and stay there. I know where i first messed up that lead to this and it was, eating fast food. Plain and simple. I blame myself, no one else, you know?

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by YoungPhoenix View Post
    btw i started phen last friday i was at 200 or around that or more, now i am at 195.5 as of this morning. On average, what should i expect to lose per week or month while being on this medication. I used the calculator and i stuck to eating __# of calories then i can lose up to 20. But for most people, how much do you lose?
    Well I started Phen May 24th and I have lost 21 lbs thus far. The first week was the biggest loss, which is typical. Since then, I've been averaging 4 to 5 lbs per week. I know that you can plateau at some point but if you do just change things up a bit (i.e. your workout, lower the carbs, etc.). There are many, many threads in here that give advice on such.

Re-started Phen 7/16/11
    (after gaining nearly all back in the last several months of stress - had kept it off for over two years)
    SW: 229.4 lbs at 5'11"
    221.1 on 7/23/11 @ one week!!

PREVIOUSLY:
    I'M IN ONEDERLAND!!!
    Started Phen 5/24/08
    SW: 231 lbs at 5'11"
    214 lbs on 6/23/08 @ one month follow up Dr. visit
    204 lbs on 7/29/08 @ two month follow up Dr. visit
    197 lbs on 08/15/2008
    190 lbs at end of 3 month Dr. approved diet
    TOTAL LOSS: 41 lbs.

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

btw i started phen last friday i was at 200 or around that or more, now i am at 195.5 as of this morning. On average, what should i expect to lose per week or month while being on this medication. I used the calculator and i stuck to eating __# of calories then i can lose up to 20. But for most people, how much do you lose?

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by YoungPhoenix View Post
    Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I sometimes use caloriesperhour.com. They have something similar, i am going to go check out the site you just told me.
    No problem... glad to help!

Re-started Phen 7/16/11
    (after gaining nearly all back in the last several months of stress - had kept it off for over two years)

PREVIOUSLY:
    I'M IN ONEDERLAND!!!
    Started Phen 5/24/08
    197 lbs on 08/15/2008

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I sometimes use caloriesperhour.com. They have something similar, i am going to go check out the site you just told me.

Photos
    View albums

Hey... I would suggest going to the daily plate dot com and putting in your height weight and goal of what to lose per week, it will then tell you how many calories to consume. It will also allow for you to put in your workout regimen and will deduct from your calorie intake for the day... There is a fitness tab on that site that shows all kinds of workouts to use or you can enter your own, etc. I just use the free edition and I get all my needs met on what I want to keep track of.

Re-started Phen 7/16/11

PREVIOUSLY:
    I'M IN ONEDERLAND!!!
    Started Phen 5/24/08
    197 lbs on 08/15/2008

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Also an ex. of what i eat day to day

Today I ate:
    Soup this morning for breakfast, yeah i know, but it was good and low fat only 300 cal
    Lunch: Subway, turkey breast, mustard, and pepperjack cheese 6 in.
    and for dinner i am going to eat the other half of the footlong i bought today and that is going to be it, do you think that is too bad?

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

So you think i should skip out on subway and have more of a all natual type lunch or dinner, ex. green beans, chicken breast, something like that. I can do that.. so your also saying if i lay off the carbs mostly i will also see my body lose weight quicker?

Photos
    View albums

Since you do not like working out, I would suggest taking classes like kickboxing, Yoga etc.

You have to be there at set time so you are more likely to go. Plus there are other poeple there with a similar goal and a instructor to keep you motivated. You will eventually start looking forward to it! Also, you are getting toned and burning the fat!

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Oh, and you need tons of protein if you want to see ANYTHING...try shakes. Those subs are filed with carbs! Try a high protein diet for just 3 days. You'll notice it right away...
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Do cadio and weights 6days/ wk. Cardio 20 mins. and weights 15. Alternate lower and upper body. So like on MWF you'll do upper body and tths you'll do lower. It puts your workout down to 35 mins...and I know you have an extra 35 mins 6 days a wk

Plus, my husband does this and it works well for him. The trainers say that bc if you build muscle it will burn fat for you. You won't gain the weight back either.
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I used to eat that many calories a day trying to lose weight and that did not work, so my doctor told me to eat a max of 1000cal a day. I know its not much, but i hate it, i dont want to gain the weight back when i get off phen. I guess i will have , which i am doing now, to totally adjust my eating habits. Right now i eat mostly natural foods. I do eat subway often. I guess for the convenience and i eat really sensible, i do get cheese on my subs, but no mayo, no chips, only water to drink. Thats it.

Photos
    View albums

Being a male, I have heard you have to stay between 1500-1800 calories a day, especially if you are exercising. Cardio should be about 3x per week, 30 minute sessions. But I personally don't exercise only because I have a million kids and it's hard to do ANYTHING! Good luck to you!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Work-Out Routines????

Ok, I am a male, around 5'11 195.5lbs as of this morning, and I decided i am going to start going back to the gym this coming weekend, to do cardio and all that. But you know the thing that gets me is that i had trainers and all that try to tell me to lift weights and do little cardio and that will make me lose the fat and get into shape. But you know I did that about 3 months ago and i did nothing but get bigger and bigger, and not in a good way. I wont lie, i hate working out, i have to force myself to go. But I am willing to do it to protect myself now before it is too late. How often should I do cardio per week. Another thing is, How many calories are most of you eating, i am trying to stay down to about 1200 or less per day. But with cardio, will that not take a toll on our bodies? Need advice