My scale is broken, right?
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by domsmom View Post
    thanks guys so much, i know i just have to keep at it, i have no plans of giving up, i just needed to vent a little, and i knew you would all have some kind words, thanks so much, tomorrow is a new day and im going to make better choices, swear!
    yayyyy! thats the kinda talk i like to hear! u can do it
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

thanks guys so much, i know i just have to keep at it, i have no plans of giving up, i just needed to vent a little, and i knew you would all have some kind words, thanks so much, tomorrow is a new day and im going to make better choices, swear!

Photos
    View albums

I see a few people have already said this...but don't give up. It will be a lifelong struggle, in my opinion, but you have to choose to endure the struggle. I've been doing this for 9 years now, up, down, up, down....but I refuse to surrender. It does take time to refine your eating habits, but it will never happen if you don't fight for it. Good luck to you.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Losing weight is a huge mind game. You either want to lose weight or you don't. Like insearchofme said you really have to be ready for change. I am 34 and my 2 girls is what finally motivated me enough to start losing weight. I want to be here for them. I want to see them graduate high school and hopefully college. Then get married. Don't wait to long to get motivated. Cut back on those sweets. You can still have a small piece of candy here and there but use it as a little reward. I recently passed the 50 LB. mark and celebrated with a soda at lunch. I had not had a coke in over 2 months. (By the way i didn't need a refill and didn't finish the drink.) I used to drink coke like it was going out of style. I might take a sip here and there from my wife's soda but that is only so i can tell myself that i can have it if i want to, which in turn keeps me from craving it. Sugar is not good for you at all. Try to slowly ween yourself off of the sweets. Drink lots of water. My doctor told me to drink over 100 Oz. of water a day. If you don't eat healthy what is the point of working out? Good Luck and we are all here for you.

Joe

Photos
    View albums

i agree wholeheartedly with insearchofme & RH584. Sometimes you have to sit down & take a really really hard look @ what you are doing and see where changes need to be made. And one thing I think that many people(including myself) have is that we expect that once we start exercising & taking phen that the weight will just FALL OFF. But weight loss is really really hard. We didnt put all this weight on overnight, and it wont be gone overnight as well. Just remember that you're doing the right thing by trying to lose weight & get healthy & dont give up! ((hugs))
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

Smile You can do it, maybe this will help...

I have had this problem in the past. I am 24 and the last time I remember not being above average in my weight was when I was 5. It took me almost 19 years to figure out why I eat. Now I know and I have made the concious decision to change it.

I eat because I am emotional, bored, my husband is eating so I eat too, and I am hungry. If I look for food and the reason isn't because I am hungry and it is one of the others, I find something else to do. I would highly suggest you do the journaling thing or anything else you need to do to figure out why you eat. That will help you to know what to do to change it. Maybe, when you want to eat, take a few minutes to write, or type out your feelings. That may tell you if you are emotional. I don't know... just a thought. You just need to find a way to change your frame of mind about food. I keep a journal and it allows me to get feelings that I won't share with anyone out. That way, I can keep myself from being so emotional that I give up. It is helpful to me.

I don't know if you have a specific eating plan, but maybe you need one. You may not... I don't know. I don't have one. I eat breakfast and dinner with snacks and maybe lunch in the middle. I don't cut anything completely out of my diet. I eat less of things and keep a food log so that I can count my calories. This works for me, and it may or may not work for you. Insearchofme is right to tell you that you may want to get the bad choices out of the house. It may make it easier on you.

Many people have problems with the scale not moving. Mine finally moved another lb today after 9 days of nothing. I have only lost 17 lbs since I started Phen almost a month ago. I measure myself to try to see results even if the scale doesn't move. That helps my motivation.

Anyway, all I can tell you is to keep trying. You need to find a way to make the right choices and we all know you can do this. The key is to find out why you make the bad choices and find a way to change the cause and effect. I know it is not easy. I have been there and done that many times, but you can do this. You are more than capable of succeeding and we are all here to help you... just remember that. We are all in this together and nothing is impossible!
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by domsmom View Post
    I have been taking phen since the beginning of April, so what almost three months now, I have seen some people make incredible transformations within the three months Ive been on this site, but I just feel like my weight loss is going so slow. I have had some definite setbacks, I was on vacation for almost two weeks right after I got started, the first two weeks I lost about 15 lbs, and I have only lost an additional 5 lbs since then, I keep going up a few, down a few, and so on. I was off phen for a couple weeks as well because I just couldnt afford to fill my prescription. In those couple weeks I made some very bad food choices because my attitude was like, whatever. Sometimes I just feel like its not working but then I look at myself and go no youre not working hard enough. I have been working out like crazy, I go to the gym at least five times a week and workout for at least an hour, but I just can not seem to make healthy food choices, I know the phen is doing its part bc I honestly dont feel hungry but I just eat because I can not seem to break my bad habits, its like I go ok now is the time I usually eat, so Im gonna eat even though Im not hungry. I have definitely added in some fruits and veggies that were missing from my diet before but I just cant seem to make myself cut out the sweets I know I should not be eating. I dont know, I just need some encouragement to keep at it, I really want to be successful this time in my weight loss, but I keep sabotaging myself. thoughts?
    Try cutting your carbs for a day or two just to get the scale moving again. you don't have to drastically cut them but if you cut back to about 40 or 50 a day you should get it going in the right direction. Everytime you think it is time to eat just because that is what you would normally do, stop and ask yourself when the last time you ate something was. Not eating out of habit will help too. Maybe try using a schedule of some kind. like every 3 hrs you are going to eat something but not an entire meal. just some fruit or a few veggies or even a slice ham with cheese rolled into it. Breaking the habit eating will be hard but it sounds like that is your downfall. and ask yourself if you are eating because you are just bored. if that is the case, drink a glass of water and go for a 15 minute walk around the block.
    i'm so good at giving advice but terrible at taking it!! Hope this helps and keep up with it. You'll break through the brick wall eventually!!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

(((HUGS)))....
    I was at the point once!! 6 wk plateau!!!! IT ****ED!!!

But a person pointed out to me something that made a world of difference to me. This is what it was: "How long did it take you to get to this weight? How long has it been since you've exercised, worked out, had an active lifestyle? So (in my case), you used to work out in highschool... since then nothing. And highschool was 12 yrs ago. In 12 yrs you didn't work out consistanly and now you are wanting your body to respond instantly? It's going to take time to change the way your body works. It must start from the inside first then go to the outside."

The thing that clicked in my brain was: How many times did I start to work out and then stop and because of that my body thinks I am going to stop anytime now... therefore it's not going to do anything, right now.
    Also, how many changes need to take place for my body to turn on the 'fat burning' process. Changes in my heart, lungs, muscles, etc. They have to start first before I see/feel a physical change. And that will take some time!

DON'T GIVE UP!!! IN MY OPINION, THAT'S WHAT YOUR BODY WANTS YOU TO DO!!!!
    I keep telling myself I am at war with the fat that's on my body... and dang it, I am going to win!!! LOL It helps me get going!!! LOL
    hope this helps!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

Just don't give up! Keep fighting it. In searchof me had wonderful advice about not having the junk available. I also do that. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it! Also, no one can be expected to completely change all of their habits overnight. If sweets are one of you downfalls, buy some 100 calorie packs they make. I have tried a couple of these, and they are really great. Just be sure to budget the 100 calories in your calorie allowance for the day. The times I have wanted sweet snack, that is what I did, and just ate them REALLY, REALLY slow. It is a pretty small portion. But it does the trick. If you feel like you are depriving yourself, you are more likely to slip-up. AND the part about you sabotaging yourself, that can just be human nature. Sometimes we do that when we are afraid of change or afraid of failure. YOU HAVE STAYED WITH IT! That is something to be proud of! I am sure things will improve.
    "Believe you can, and you're halfway there."

Photos
    View albums

It is hard. I think a lot of us on here have been fighting this "healthy eating" battle for longer than we have been on phen. I know I have. I "dieted" for years before my DR would finally give me something (happened that it was phen) to help me get some results. But it is a battle daily for most of us I think. Even small changes help. So you go to the gym daily that is SUPER....you skipped Ice cream/candy and had a piece of fruit/yogurt...WONDERFUL. All those Little things you do really do add up. Keep it up!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

I am sorry things are not going well for you right now. (((Hugs))) I have been there more times than I care to remember. The thing is you REALLY have to be ready for a change. I am not saying that you are not, but you HAVE TO BE READY.

The thing that has made the biggest difference for me, is making my home a SAFE environment. By that I mean, I have NO JUNK FOOD in my home. It is hard enough to go out into the world and face temptation, so I make sure I do not have to struggle at home.

Spend some time journaling to see if you can't figure out the cause of your poor choices. Writing really helps me to see things from another perspective.

I hope you are able to turn things around. I am rooting for you.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Unhappy My scale is broken, right?

I have been taking phen since the beginning of April, so what almost three months now, I have seen some people make incredible transformations within the three months Ive been on this site, but I just feel like my weight loss is going so slow. I have had some definite setbacks, I was on vacation for almost two weeks right after I got started, the first two weeks I lost about 15 lbs, and I have only lost an additional 5 lbs since then, I keep going up a few, down a few, and so on. I was off phen for a couple weeks as well because I just couldnt afford to fill my prescription. In those couple weeks I made some very bad food choices because my attitude was like, whatever. Sometimes I just feel like its not working but then I look at myself and go no youre not working hard enough. I have been working out like crazy, I go to the gym at least five times a week and workout for at least an hour, but I just can not seem to make healthy food choices, I know the phen is doing its part bc I honestly dont feel hungry but I just eat because I can not seem to break my bad habits, its like I go ok now is the time I usually eat, so Im gonna eat even though Im not hungry. I have definitely added in some fruits and veggies that were missing from my diet before but I just cant seem to make myself cut out the sweets I know I should not be eating. I dont know, I just need some encouragement to keep at it, I really want to be successful this time in my weight loss, but I keep sabotaging myself. thoughts?