Giving up
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Giving up

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I actually didn't change my diet except for cutting my portions down (probably in half). I am trying to add more fruit and veggies to my diet as well. I also try not to drink anything but water and one glass of milk per day. The phen has helped me with my junk food cravings and night time eating which for me has helped me lose 8-9 lbs since June 15. For me I am trying to make eating less portions a lifestyle change/habit which hopefully will help me maintain my weight after the phen. I know that I couldn't eat low carbs my whole life! Like others have said give it time and keep going with your diet and eventually the lbs will come off
    Brenda

6/14 174
    6/15 started phen
    7/1 165.5
    7/16 160

GW 140

2. Advertising
    advertising

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

according to your stats, you are really not overweight. Your bmi is average. Your goal bmi on your tracker is underweight. Everyone no matter what their size is can stand to be a little more healthy. doesn't mean you need to lose a lot of weight, maybe you just want to tone and slender up.

you mentioned prime rib and flank steak. Red meat.Higher fat. Could you do poultry or seafood instead. At subway, ditch the bread, get your sub on a wrap. Ditch the cheese and mayo. Add more veggies and olive oil or italian dressing and some spices like pepper, oregono. Absolutely no additional salt

I don't think you really gave the phen enough time in your body. Take it at the same time every day.

only drink water. ONE cup of coffee in the moring.
    It took me about 3 days on phen to give up a 25 year addiction to caffeine.
    I have a few huge pure fiji water bottles that I refill and drink those everyday. Its easier to drink 3 big bottles of water than 8 average size bottles.

whats your exercise routine. you get a tolerance to a set routine after a while.
    are you doing any weight training or circuit training. You don't need to spend a ton of time with cardio. 20 -30 minutes max per day.

everyone elses advise is really good too.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl223 View Post
    still wondering if this was a good choice?
    This is not necessarily a bad choice. Little high in carbs. There was a time when you could have made this a wrap and saved yourself some carbs but now, the wraps have only 2-5 less carbs than the bread does! I was shocked. Maybe try it as a salad instead of a sandwich! Cut the carbs to pieces that way. Instead of about 50g for what you actually ate, you would have less than 10 had you made it a salad, depending on the dressing you chose. Speaking of, be careful if you use dressings because the ones that are lower in fat, are higher in carbs. have to decide which you would rather have. The carb, the fat, or the cals. Good luck and hang in there. It gets easier.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

since u are 140 pounds i think your weight loss will be a lot slower. it always comes off slower the less you weigh..........and in my opinion you may have to do something more drastic than most of us because of that. i mean, if someone who is 300 or 400 pounds simply cuts out soda they might lose 20 or 30 pounds in a month.......and u might lose 2 (if you cut out soda and did nothing else, i mean). i can drink nothing but water and eat 1200 calories and lose weight consistently..........u may have to drink nothing but water and eat 1,000 calories to get the same resuls. i'm no expert, that's just what i think.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

I don't tihnk you need to give up *all* of your salt; just try to cut back a bit

I tried giving up salt almost totally and couldn't even last 2 weeks, so I know how you feel! I don't usually add a lot to my food, but I really missed it when I cut out all the foods that had some in it.
    6/19/08 - Started Phen
    6/26/08 - -2.8 lbs
    =====
    Mini-Goal = 194 lbs (-20)
    Ultimate Goal = 125 lbs

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by momgeek View Post
    I really like the margarine sprays - just a few spritzes gives the same (IMO) taste as a pat of margarine and way less calories and fat.

Can't recall specific brands off the top of my head (I want to say Parkay is one, but I'm not sure on that), but they have them in almost any aisle with the regular margarine/butter.

Also be sure to watch your salt intake as that can cause you to retain more water and thus not see results (not to mention too much is bad for your heart). I'm not sure about mydietplate but I know fitday.com has a nutrition thingy that shows you how much sodium you're getting every day. It's incredible how it adds up so quickly!
    Thats one thing I will miss. I love my salt ! Since I started, I havent really intentionally added any salt to my food which in itself is an acomplishment since I used to add it to almost everything I ate. Its a wonder how I have low BP .
    6/12/08 - 1ST DAY ON PHEN 140 LBS
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

I really like the margarine sprays - just a few spritzes gives the same (IMO) taste as a pat of margarine and way less calories and fat.

Can't recall specific brands off the top of my head (I want to say Parkay is one, but I'm not sure on that), but they have them in almost any aisle with the regular margarine/butter.

Also be sure to watch your salt intake as that can cause you to retain more water and thus not see results (not to mention too much is bad for your heart). I'm not sure about mydietplate but I know fitday.com has a nutrition thingy that shows you how much sodium you're getting every day. It's incredible how it adds up so quickly!

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

You mentioned low carb...what kind of low carb? What was your typical diet?

Photos
    View albums

ok what do you guys think -

my lunch

subway prime rib 1/2 ft long with a little cheddar /spinach/olives/tomato / mayo lite and pepper on wheat bread

Is this too much ?
    still wondering if this was a good choice?
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by countryasadirtroad View Post
    You've got tons of dieting advice that I think is awesome, so I won't go in to all that, but I would just like to remind you that normally, the less you weigh, the longer it takes for you to lose. I notice that you only weigh 140lbs... it's not as likely for you to lose say 5-8 lbs your first couple of weeks as it would be for someone that weighed quite a bit more. Don't get discouraged... keep up with your healthy eating habits your starting to establish and you'll start dropping the weight. (hopefully soon) Good luck!

really ... I think Im pretty chubby Im only 5'2 . Im sure your right, i need to get my eating habits str8 . This I know is my issue , because I really was unaware of what I should and shouldnt be eating .

TIA
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

You've got tons of dieting advice that I think is awesome, so I won't go in to all that, but I would just like to remind you that normally, the less you weigh, the longer it takes for you to lose. I notice that you only weigh 140lbs... it's not as likely for you to lose say 5-8 lbs your first couple of weeks as it would be for someone that weighed quite a bit more. Don't get discouraged... keep up with your healthy eating habits your starting to establish and you'll start dropping the weight. (hopefully soon) Good luck!
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

Photos
    View albums

ok what do you guys think -

my lunch

subway prime rib 1/2 ft long with a little cheddar /spinach/olives/tomato / mayo lite and pepper on wheat bread

Is this too much ?
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

WOW - NEVER THOUGHT TO USE OLIVE OIL. i MEAN WHEN i SAUTE WITH GARLIC i DO SO WHY NOT WHEN i STEAM TOO. I USUALLY USE COUNTRY CROCK - GOTTA CHECK OUT THE INFO ON THAT .

THANKS LADIES - HOPEFULLY I CAN GET ON TRACK NOW N
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    Yes, magarine is bad. Try steaming your veggies and then drizzling extra virgin olive oil on top, spices are fine. Low-fat cheese is available in all varieties. Too much cheese can keep you from pooping too..(TMI)
    I personally use I can't believe it's not butter spread. it's a margarine but it is not high in the bad fats and all that other stuff. it is what my dietician recommended when I first had to start all this eating healthy stuff. who knew!

07/05 - 219 (yeah!)

Photos
    View albums

margarines can be okay. you just have to read labels. that applies to everything you buy tho. read read read read. don't go in the cart until you've read the label! My fav cookbooks are the 15 min and the slow cooker. They both have great recipes and make dinner so fast if it's already done when you get there or if you only take 15 to make it. I love it I love it I love it! I'm gonna check that site out. I was hoping to find one that when you put what you eat in, it tells you what calories and carbs and fats you have consumed for that meal to help you track better. I was on one but it didn't tell you any of that and you had to put it in yourself and i'm not really that great with calories when i'm doing say a salad with the works in it you know. how many calories does half a tomatoe have in it anyway!!

07/05 - 219 (yeah!)

Photos
    View albums

awesome - thanks for the info -

I never microwave anything but to heat up but Ive been using those steamer bags and I love it ...I make fresh or frozen comes out perfect Im addicted to them and no mess. but I use margarine and spices in it. Is the margarine bad ? I stopped all regular butter... just cant eat veggies plain - Is it ok for margarine use? I also love cheese but isnt it really fattening ?

I am an amazonaholic ...ill be shopping there later...lol

time to get the kiddies - 1/2 day - last day of scchool dont know if I should or lol

bb in a few
    Yes, magarine is bad. Try steaming your veggies and then drizzling extra virgin olive oil on top, spices are fine. Low-fat cheese is available in all varieties. Too much cheese can keep you from pooping too..(TMI)
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

awesome - thanks for the info -

I never microwave anything but to heat up but Ive been using those steamer bags and I love it ...I make fresh or frozen comes out perfect Im addicted to them and no mess. but I use margarine and spices in it. Is the margarine bad ? I stopped all regular butter... just cant eat veggies plain - Is it ok for margarine use? I also love cheese but isnt it really fattening ?

I am an amazonaholic ...ill be shopping there later...lol

time to get the kiddies - 1/2 day - last day of scchool dont know if I should or lol

bb in a few

Quote Originally Posted by fatbabygirl28 View Post
    You can eat pretty much any type of regular meat. Be careful with lunch meats though as they usually contain a carb or two depending on what you buy. As for carbs, cheeses are good for low carbs because most of them have no carbs in them or less than 1g. Try to stay under 20-30g per day. Being hypoglycemic, I have to do this every day. You can eat your veggies as you normally would (be careful what margarine you are using though. Don't want to get high in trans fats...) Skip the sugar in your coffee. that is hurting you more than you think. Try splenda, it's more expensive than the other stuff but you really can't tell a difference and if you think you can, it's all in your head. Stay away from the bread!! if you have to have bread make it only one slice and only once per day. Pizza counts as a bread! Anything starchy is a carb. potatoes, anything with white flour, all your breads and cakes and donuts... it all counts. also, carrots and corn are more carby vegs so limit those. eat green and white vegs. broccoli, greenbeans, cauliflower. use cauliflower in your blender to replace rice in any dish. if you steam it and then throw it in the blender for 20 seconds, it is just about as close to rice as you can get. If you want more ideas, i strongly urge you to go to amazon.com and get some low carb cookbooks. I have about 10 of them and paid a total of about $15 for all of them including shipping. They have a major selection too. 15 min low carb, slow cooker low carb, 500 low carb, 500 MORE low carb... so many to choose from! Good luck. Like I said, this is how I eat all the time so let me know if you need more tips. It's hard at first but if you pick up a carb counter (also available at amazon) it really makes things easier. especially at the store. I dont leave the house without mine. oh yeah and one more thing, water water water... drink more of it. even if you think you are getting enough, drink more. drink a glass before you sit down to eat. it will help you feel fuller longer. when you think you want to snack on something, drink a glass of water first. then you may not want the 'snack' anymore! You have the determination you need to get rid of the fat! We are all here for you so YOU GO GIRL!
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Loaisiga View Post
    I log everything I eat and drink on mydailyplate.com. It really helps put things into perspective. You input your weight, height, etc, and how many pounds you want to lose per week and it gives you the amount of calories you should eat per day. Its really cool and has been a really good tool for me. Try it out...
    I am going to give mydailyplate a try. I started using another but I forgot the name, and it did not have the bells and whistles this site apparently has. Thanks Ashley.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by fatbabygirl28 View Post
    You can eat pretty much any type of regular meat. Be careful with lunch meats though as they usually contain a carb or two depending on what you buy. As for carbs, cheeses are good for low carbs because most of them have no carbs in them or less than 1g. Try to stay under 20-30g per day. Being hypoglycemic, I have to do this every day. You can eat your veggies as you normally would (be careful what margarine you are using though. Don't want to get high in trans fats...) Skip the sugar in your coffee. that is hurting you more than you think. Try splenda, it's more expensive than the other stuff but you really can't tell a difference and if you think you can, it's all in your head. Stay away from the bread!! if you have to have bread make it only one slice and only once per day. Pizza counts as a bread! Anything starchy is a carb. potatoes, anything with white flour, all your breads and cakes and donuts... it all counts. also, carrots and corn are more carby vegs so limit those. eat green and white vegs. broccoli, greenbeans, cauliflower. use cauliflower in your blender to replace rice in any dish. if you steam it and then throw it in the blender for 20 seconds, it is just about as close to rice as you can get. If you want more ideas, i strongly urge you to go to amazon.com and get some low carb cookbooks. I have about 10 of them and paid a total of about $15 for all of them including shipping. They have a major selection too. 15 min low carb, slow cooker low carb, 500 low carb, 500 MORE low carb... so many to choose from! Good luck. Like I said, this is how I eat all the time so let me know if you need more tips. It's hard at first but if you pick up a carb counter (also available at amazon) it really makes things easier. especially at the store. I dont leave the house without mine. oh yeah and one more thing, water water water... drink more of it. even if you think you are getting enough, drink more. drink a glass before you sit down to eat. it will help you feel fuller longer. when you think you want to snack on something, drink a glass of water first. then you may not want the 'snack' anymore! You have the determination you need to get rid of the fat! We are all here for you so YOU GO GIRL!
    Thanks for all the info. I am going to find me a good low carb recipe/cook book.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Silver Phenster Ashley Loaisiga's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

I log everything I eat and drink on mydailyplate.com. It really helps put things into perspective. You input your weight, height, etc, and how many pounds you want to lose per week and it gives you the amount of calories you should eat per day. Its really cool and has been a really good tool for me. Try it out...
    SW: 290lbs 3/31/08
    4/1/08: 290lbs (Started Phen)
    4/4/08: 280lbs (-10lbs!)
    4/15/08: 275lbs (-15lbs )
    4/22/08: 274lbs (-16lbs)
    4/29/08: 271lbs (-19lbs)
    5/6/08: 268lbs (-22lbs) Hooray! First mini goal passed!!!
    5/13/08: 267lbs (-23lbs) Off phen and poor food choices...
    5/20/08: 264lbs (-26lbs) Woohoo!
    6/3/08: 260lbs (-30lbs) WOOTWOOT!!!
    6/10/08: 256lbs (-34lbs) YAY!
    6/24/08: 251lbs (-39lbs)
    7/8/08: 249 (-41lbs)
    8/12/08: 244 (-46lbs)

Photos
    View albums

ok - Back

what is low carb?

how many carbs a day would make a low carb diet ?

I also forgot to say I drink 4-5 cups coffee a day - 2 in the am and 2-3 throughout the day- Is this hurting my losing ?

I am big on bread here (big problem for me to cut it out - love that crispy crunchy italian - lol) but I have to do what I have to do ...lol

also how do I know lets just say steak (i eat alot of) if thats hi carbs ?

Thanks !

07/05 - 219 (yeah!)

Photos
    View albums

ok - Back

what is low carb?

how many carbs a day would make a low carb diet ?

I also forgot to say I drink 4-5 cups coffee a day - 2 in the am and 2-3 throughout the day- Is this hurting my losing ?

I am big on bread here (big problem for me to cut it out - love that crispy crunchy italian - lol) but I have to do what I have to do ...lol

also how do I know lets just say steak (i eat alot of) if thats hi carbs ?

Thanks !
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

We will be here when you get back.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Photos
    View albums

ok - i really do not snack - I tried those dried fruit chip thingees but that was 1 day and they are mad expensive to snack on all day - i have 2 kids and NY is killing me lol.

i think i really need to log everything then post here and see what you think .

problem with low cards is I have no clue what low carbs really are ? How do I count etc.

gotta run daughter to school bb ina few
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda00 View Post
    Try doing low carb for a week or so. This really helps with the cravings and it will kick in weight loss. The first couple days are hard to do but after the third or fouth it gets better. I can't do low carb for a long time but if i find i cant get the scale to move for a few weeks i will do low carb and i always start to lose again. The first time i was down 13 pounds in two weeks. You can't have any sugar, pasta,Bread, potatos, or anything with flour in it. Just eat Meat, Veggies,cheese, try and keep your carb count at no more than 20 a day.
    LOL... I do the same thing. I wasn't sure if Flygirl was opposed to low-carb though.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast