Who's sabotaging your weight loss?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

Pizza(not frozen-don't like that)and Chinese are my downfalls .We rarely have those though,due to a tight budget lately .

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Yes, I have to take responsibility for my mouth opening and shuting too much!!!

But I would have to say if my Boys where not home for the summer I wouldn't have as much junk and food in the house.

With an 11 and 19 yr. old home It's 3 meals a day and snacks, snacks, snacks.

Thank goodness my younger son goes to summer camp for the week (next wk)
    and my 19 yr. old ( Who has a disability and goes to a summer school program )starts for the month of July.

Maybe I can get back to my gym routine and light meals and snacks for awhile.

But again I have to take control of my hands and mouth!

Good Luck To Everyone!

Tina

Photos
    View albums

I take full responsibility. At the end of the day, the person to blame is staring back @ me in the mirror. Sometimes I get frustrated & ask "why me? why do i have to work so hard to lose weight?" But..I'm trying not to do that anymore. No matter how long it takes, i'm in this for the long haul !!
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    Nooone but me.

It's like that Pink song, I'm a hazard to myself.
    OHHHHHHHHHHH I use to ride the treadmill to her CD ... I know EXACTLY what you mean about that song.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    I sabotage my weight loss efforts - I'm my own worse enemy.
    Nooone but me.

It's like that Pink song, I'm a hazard to myself.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Seargantsgirlfriend- i was diagnosed with PPD and was put on Zoloft and seen a therapist for the past year and even with that something is just wrong with me- beyond that. I feel like a stranger in my own skin- just not myself as a person but not like i want to commit suicide of anything like that i have many things to be happy about but i know i have many hormonal symptoms such as
    * I lose tons of hair daily
    * Moody
    * Irritable
    * My insulin levels were up recently in a blood test i had done
    * I sweat like crazy- something i never ever did
    * I get extremely hot even when it is like 80 degrees outside
    * I get severe headaches 2 weeks before my menstrual cycle
    * Get severe menstrual cramps
    * Feeling down in the dumps for no reason at all
    * Fuzzy cloudy brain
    * Acne
    * Irregular periods
    * Very difficult time losing weight
    * and i over feel like i aged tremendously- my body aches randomly
    * abnormal body hair growth

I had two pregancies back to back i got pregnant in Jan 06 miscarried in March 06 and then got pregnant June 06 and had my son in March 07, I think the change of hormones between that and having an IUD in and out 6 months laters messed with my hormones....
    I will be seeing the doc soon, But thanks for worrying about me.

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN
    9th- 188 lbs
    25th- 186 lbs
    JUNE
    13th- 186 lbs
    20th- 182 lbs

Photos
    View albums

It's me! Always has been. I am the one that made the choices to eat what I've eatten. I could have put it down but didn't. There are always outside circumstances that trigger me. Like my mom... she thinks I can't do it and I won't finish and if i do.. I will just gain it back like many times before. My hubby at times... I know he means well and he's just dumb like a guy at times. But the whole second guessing something that i put in my mouth with the comments of: " are you sure you should be eating that? You shouldn't have that!... Is that on your diet?" etc. Bugs the crap out of me and makes me want it more and then some!!! LOL He can make me snap! LOL But i love him! But for the most part it is my mom...
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

I'm kind of like Katie....I self sabotage. I love food don't matter if it's healthy or junk food. I don't really have anything I don't like. From Chinese to Mexican to good ole southern fried chicken and beans and corn bread and fried squash and fried corn YUMMY....COME ON TENNESSEE GIRLS YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMIN FROM LOL. I love it all. Food is my weakness! If I could ever get over the fact that I'm not getting to eat all of the wonderful garden stuff this summer I think I will do great. Well it's not the garden stuff, it's the way it's prepared.
    07/21/10 - 247 lbs
    06-14-2010 - 256Lbs
    1st doc visit 06-17-10: 253
    MiniGoal: By August 21, 12 more pounds
    1 month goal: 235 by August 21

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I sabotage my weight loss efforts - I'm my own worse enemy.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

I could blame my job (i work in trucking so I get a lot of damaged cases of candy and pies and pizza and you name it) I would also like to blame my husband, i'm an emotional eater so when he and i argue i'm spinning out of control, i would also like to blame my kids for refusing to eat their vegetables and having to cook them all mac n cheese instead BUT, in the end, it all comes back to me and my willpower. last night I managed to only have a spoonfull of mac n chees versus the usual plate full! I have decided that only i made me fat. not Him, not my mother, not my grandparents. Just me and not giving a crap so I am the only one that is going to make me thin. Not Him (although he will totally be there on my journey), not my mother, not my lover and not my brother! ONLY ME!!
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

I would like to say my husband, but in the end I can only blame myself. He just brings home lots of bad foods, like chips and pop, but I need to learn how to control myself. That's the bottom line. But...Mexican food is my downfall.
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by nomorexcuses08 View Post
    I would have to say that my husband does it to me. our marriage is struggling right now, and with all the stress i've been under, it's been easy for him to sabotage this for me. He keeps telling me that I can't do it, and that I wont stick with it. Even his dad is telling me this. I just get so frusterated.

OH NOW YOU HAVE TO JUST PROVE THEM WRONG - GET EM ....
    6/12/08 - 1ST DAY ON PHEN 140 LBS
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

I would have to say that my husband does it to me. our marriage is struggling right now, and with all the stress i've been under, it's been easy for him to sabotage this for me. He keeps telling me that I can't do it, and that I wont stick with it. Even his dad is telling me this. I just get so frusterated.
    100lbs TO LOSE!
    July: 249
    Aug: 239
    Sep: 225
    Oct:
    Nov:
    Dec:

[

Photos
    View albums

Thoughts about having so many unsupportive people in my family and friends circle make me sabatoge my diet sometimes and want to give up. This morning I woke up so sad and I had this hit of anxiety and worry about my child and then about my weight. My six year old is staying with my father over the summer in a different city because I can't afford summer camp and his father helps with none of the finances. So I worried about my baby for a little bit. Also, I had some type of feeling of that I might as well give up because I am still at 195 lbs and I have such along way to go. I'm gonna keep at this though and once I reach my goal, Im gonna do all I can to never look back because even mentally, weight gain does something to you.

I'm gonna make it!
    Enjoy the feeling of being hungry

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    Hmmm...i can't say anyone sabotages me anymore.....my husband used to because every Thursday he would pick up bread from the bakery...OR he would cook home made pizza.....carb overload...but for the most part I don't pay attention anymore to what he brings home and i wn't eat something just cause he made it.....spending time at my mother's house makes dieting impossible...fried chicken, pies, chips....you name it she has it...and she wants you to eat it.....
    my mom is the same way , grandmother also. Im from a big italian family - constantly cooking fattening pasta/lasagna /cheesy stuff ...lol - I swear my gma lives in the damn kitchen... and she had the body to prove it - constantly shoving all her yummy food in my face
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by 4mami_mia View Post
    my hubby everytime he ticks me off
    Ill second that
    MINI GOAL - 125
    ULTIMATE GOAL - 110

Photos
    View albums

I do it to myself! It is like now..I am within like 10lbs of where I WANT to be...and guess what....I totally LOSE my mind when it comes to eating right. Last August I was at 160! Holding STRONG and then WHAM!!!! In 4 months I jumped to 182!!!!! Just ME, no one to blame but ME!!!
    7lbs to goal
    "Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"~anonymous

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by thin4good View Post
    I think the only vice I have at this point is the wine... This is how my friends and I relax. I love it, and while I eat less to have it on the days I'll be having some, I think it's harder for the body to process and also causes me to retain water. So I guess anyone who offers me a glass of wine!

The worst is one of my guy friends bought me 2 $75 bottles of wonderful red wine that are sitting at my house... calling my name! Sigh...

i can't count the times i've ruined my diet because of beer! i used to drink beer like it was going out of style......i could drink a 12 pack of budweiser every night and just bounce out of bed in the morning and roll to work. i could never do that now, but at the time i did it so much that 12 beers didn't phase me. that's how i gained a lot of my weight, too. beer has SO many calories in it....all of my daily calories were used up by beer alone. i hate to even think about how much i ate when i was drinking. it's never been hard for me to resist food, but i always wanted to drink after work and i would always give in and then eventually give up on my diet. but...now that i have 2 kids i just can't drink anymore. i couldn't even tell you the last time i had A beer. and not surprisingly, this is the first time i've been able to lose this much weight this quickly! i plan on having some beer when i go to the beach next month but hopefully i will be at my beach goal of 160 by then (or less) and not have to worry about all the calories. and this time i'll drink bud LIGHT instead of budweiser. duh!

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Pizza. Pizza does it to me every time!!

Actually, it's hunger. If I get hungry look out! So I have learned to make sure I eat little things through the day.

I'll get you, my pretty and your little dog too!

Bronze Phenster nc_beached_whale's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

ugh...my job...I'm married to it. I love it and hate it. Today was very draining. mentally and physically. Been on phen for just over a week and I have sworn myself to proper eating and not taking the pills eratically. So today for breakfast at 7am I had fatfree milk and grapes. and I left work at 8:11 pm and realized I hadn't eaten anything else or even took my other half of my pill which I normally do in the afternoon. Bye bye metabolism.

But ultimately it is only me hindering my weightloss.
    See ya at the beach, I'll be the fat one in the thong.

:eatnphen1:]

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by jbenev5338 View Post
    Me as a whole!
    I have been completely out of sorts since i had my son 15 months ago, i am always emotional and take everything to heart and suffer from depression and anxiety.... So i self sabotage. But i really do think that i need to have my hormones tested for a hormonal imbalance since i have never felt myself after having my son.
    My
    i felt that way after i had my 2nd child. i told the doctor hoping he would give me valium or something and he prescribed prozac. i never even got it filled....and eventually everything just passed. i never had that problem with my first child, but having one was a walk in the park compared to when number 2 came along...plus work...plus school.

school is my trigger....the stress of it all. i spend hours on the computer doing homework, and when i'm at work or doing things with the kids i'm stressing out because i need to be doing homework....i eat like an idiot, but i'm learning to deal with it.

4-2-08 202.2 lbs SW (began b12/lipo shot 1 a week - no phen)
    4-9-08 193.6 lbs
    4-16-08 190.8 lbs
    4-23-08 188.0 lbs
    4-30-08 185.6 lbs
    5-7-08 185.6 lbs
    5-14-08 181.2 lbs
    5-21-08 178.8 lbs
    5-28-08 177.6 lbs
    6-04-08 176.8 lbs (stopped the shots. trying it on my own)
    6-16-08 175.6 lbs (went back to the shots today!)
    7-9-08 170.6 lbs (slowing down, but still going down!)

Photos
    View albums

Hmmm...i can't say anyone sabotages me anymore.....my husband used to because every Thursday he would pick up bread from the bakery...OR he would cook home made pizza.....carb overload...but for the most part I don't pay attention anymore to what he brings home and i wn't eat something just cause he made it.....spending time at my mother's house makes dieting impossible...fried chicken, pies, chips....you name it she has it...and she wants you to eat it.....
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Photos
    View albums

my hubby everytime he ticks me off

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I totally sabotage myself. I don't know what my problem is. I have addiction issues, depression, anxiety. I also have an under active thyroid and PCOS...so while I do have medical conditions working against me, the main problem is still ME. It's like it has to be one extreme or another. Either I eat too much and eat the wrong things, or I just don't eat at all. Which is what I have been doing with the phen, so I'm so scared I'm going to gain it back. I've had so much stress the last week that I haven't really been paying attention to what I'm eating. Also, TOM just came yesterday, so I feel like I could eat a house!

Silver Phenster sergeantsgirlfriend's Avatar
    Photos
    View albums

It takes a long time for your body to adjust to all of the hormonal changes it has went through during and after pregnancy. The main issue you want to address is the depression. You want to make sure it's just some minor depression and not anything more serious. Depression is very common in new mothers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast