Please People! Enough!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Photos
    View albums

thanks fatbaby..they said they are going to try and take him off to see how well he is breathing on his own.....and then try and "wake him up"........so today I am praying for that.......i dread going to see him today and seeing him like that.....but I have no choice.....
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by scatanafas View Post
    gottolose, I'm so sorry that you are going through something with your dad also....my heart goes out to you....

NurseyLori, it seems like the whole world is on coumadin..too bad my dad just can't it and be helped by it like everyone else....i'm sure we'll find some kind of anticoagulant that can help him.....he can't be the only person that can't take coumadin...

off to the hospital soon, hopefully they'll take dad off the respirator soon.

love you folks,

SCAT
    Lost of prayers and well wishing to you Scatt and also to Got2Lose. I wont pretend to know how you feel but am praying for your fathers. I'm asking Him to be with you both in your time of need and with your families and that your Father's are not suffering during their painful ordeals. Good luck with your father today Scat. Hope he is able to come off the respirator.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

gottolose, I'm so sorry that you are going through something with your dad also....my heart goes out to you....

NurseyLori, it seems like the whole world is on coumadin..too bad my dad just can't it and be helped by it like everyone else....i'm sure we'll find some kind of anticoagulant that can help him.....he can't be the only person that can't take coumadin...

off to the hospital soon, hopefully they'll take dad off the respirator soon.

love you folks,

SCAT

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by got2loose2 View Post
    Scat-
    I am so sorry to hear about you father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can understand your pain. My father was admitted into the hospital 2 weeks ago in acute liver failure. He is home now, but we are filled with unanswered questions, much like your family. We have a diagnosis and we know that liver failure is not compatible with life, however the treatment options are few and his prognosis is guarded and uncertain. There are so many grey areas and only time will tell how his body will react. If we just had answers we would be able to plan and prepare for the unevitable. We are trying to spend as much quality time with him as possible. His amonia levels are through the roof and this is causing some dementia. He is increasingly agitated and paranoid, so finding happiness while with him is tough. One day at a time is all we can do for now.

Keep your head up Scat. Like your mom said, your dad looks like he is resting peacefully and that, in spite of all else, is a good thing. You have shown us here that you are a strong woman and I just know you will be ok. Find peace and sink in the comfort it brings.

So many of us are experiencing the heartache of an ill loved one right now. May we all benefit from the prayer and thoughts that this forum is bringing.
    Sorry to hear about your dad, too. I know that dementia is difficult to deal with, but hopefully they can get his ammonia levels straightened out and he'll be ok. Your dad is my my prayers, also.

BTW, you're looking great!

Photos
    View albums

First of all thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.....

Last night dad started having chest pains in the ICU and was having difficulty breathing. He is now sedated and intubated.....I got the call in the middle of the nightand really thought the worse......he was not awake at all today......my mom says he just looks like he's sleeping peacefully. They are going to start lowering the amount of oxygen that he is getting eventually to see if he can breathe on his own, then they can take him off the machine. They think it may be that he had too much fluid at once, or he reacted to the frozen plasma, or he has some kind of bleeding in his atrium....this is my frustration....test after test after test and noone can find a dang thing...Noone knows the source of the bleeding but one thing has been determined..he CANNOT have coumadin. Some people just are really sensitive to it, it has something to do with enzymes. He needs it to live and can't have it, so we are in a difficult position.

i guess I'm telling y'all more than you need to know. Just hoping maybe Blitz and Nurse Lori understand this better than i do, or anyone else out there. For anyone out there that has a mom or dad or other relative that needs coumadin, be aware that it has a black label on it now....and that 8,000 people bleed to death because of coumadin a YEAR...and I'll be DAMNED if my dad is going to be one of them. I"m not saying that they shouldn't take it because it saves lives....BUT there are people who cannot take it, and the dosage for everyone has to be fine tuned and monitored.

Anyhow everyone you have no idea how much your well wishes and prayers mean to me. this used to be a place I came to ***** about my cellulite and eating issues, etc...but now it has become so much more. I need you for support during the most horrific time in my life. thank you everyone.....I truly believe in the power of prayer and I feel that we are lifting my father up in prayer...although he gets sicker and sicker I know the Lord is giving me strength and we are going to get through this trying time.

love you all..

SCAT
    You wouldn't believe how many patients I take care of on a nightly basis that are on Coumadin. Yes, it's extremely important that their labs be monitored very closely while they're on it or they could get too much and bleed out. I'm so sorry you're dad's not doing very well. I'm still praying for him.

Photos
    View albums

Scat-
    I am so sorry to hear about you father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can understand your pain. My father was admitted into the hospital 2 weeks ago in acute liver failure. He is home now, but we are filled with unanswered questions, much like your family. We have a diagnosis and we know that liver failure is not compatible with life, however the treatment options are few and his prognosis is guarded and uncertain. There are so many grey areas and only time will tell how his body will react. If we just had answers we would be able to plan and prepare for the unevitable. We are trying to spend as much quality time with him as possible. His amonia levels are through the roof and this is causing some dementia. He is increasingly agitated and paranoid, so finding happiness while with him is tough. One day at a time is all we can do for now.

Keep your head up Scat. Like your mom said, your dad looks like he is resting peacefully and that, in spite of all else, is a good thing. You have shown us here that you are a strong woman and I just know you will be ok. Find peace and sink in the comfort it brings.

So many of us are experiencing the heartache of an ill loved one right now. May we all benefit from the prayer and thoughts that this forum is bringing.
    8/07 347 lbs
    3/24/08 319 lbs
    3/30/08 Started Phen
    4/14/08 301.8 my lowest in 13 years!
    4/25/08 296 1 month weigh in-3 weeks on Phen
    5/30/08 281 2 month weigh in
    3/27/08 271 3 month weigh in

1st mini goal: 5/1/08 300 lbs
    2nd mini goal: 7/1/08 280 lbs

Photos
    View albums

i hope everything works out w/ ur dad... prayers are w/ you and ur family!
    www.youtube.com/lailbanana (my weight loss process)

3/1 Starting Weight 253
    3/22 Drs visit = 246.8
    3/23 Started Adipex-p
    12/5 181 ONDERLAND YAY!!!

** down 72 lbs**

Smile it increases your face value
    1st pix- march 08
    2nd pix- thanksgiving 08

Photos
    View albums

LOVE YOU SCAT !!!! YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS ALWAYS-
    I AM SO HAPPY TO BE HERE I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN.I STARTED PHEN,HCG AND B12 INJECTIONS ON 4/15/08 AND TODAY 4/19/08 I HAVE LOST 7LBS,YEAH!! I FEEL TREMENDOUS.

SO LADIES AND GENTS PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS ][/IMG]

Photos
    View albums

Last night dad started having chest pains in the ICU and was having difficulty breathing. He is now sedated and intubated.....I got the call in the middle of the nightand really thought the worse......he was not awake at all today......my mom says he just looks like he's sleeping peacefully. They are going to start lowering the amount of oxygen that he is getting eventually to see if he can breathe on his own, then they can take him off the machine. They think it may be that he had too much fluid at once, or he reacted to the frozen plasma, or he has some kind of bleeding in his atrium....this is my frustration....test after test after test and noone can find a dang thing...Noone knows the source of the bleeding but one thing has been determined..he CANNOT have coumadin. Some people just are really sensitive to it, it has something to do with enzymes. He needs it to live and can't have it, so we are in a difficult position.

i guess I'm telling y'all more than you need to know. Just hoping maybe Blitz and Nurse Lori understand this better than i do, or anyone else out there. For anyone out there that has a mom or dad or other relative that needs coumadin, be aware that it has a black label on it now....and that 8,000 people bleed to death because of coumadin a YEAR...and I'll be DAMNED if my dad is going to be one of them. I"m not saying that they shouldn't take it because it saves lives....BUT there are people who cannot take it, and the dosage for everyone has to be fine tuned and monitored.

Anyhow everyone you have no idea how much your well wishes and prayers mean to me. this used to be a place I came to ***** about my cellulite and eating issues, etc...but now it has become so much more. I need you for support during the most horrific time in my life. thank you everyone.....I truly believe in the power of prayer and I feel that we are lifting my father up in prayer...although he gets sicker and sicker I know the Lord is giving me strength and we are going to get through this trying time.

love you all..

SCAT

aww scat i've been thinking bout u alot today ! i hope everything turns out fine for your father and we'll all keep u in our prayers ((hugs))
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Photos
    View albums

love you all..

SCAT
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

of course you and your fam are in my thoughts.
    Working to be the HOT MOMMA I really am!

HW: 190
    OW: 185 (on my own)
    Stated Phen 5/29
    CW: 178 (with Phen) 6/3
    6/5 175
    6/7 174
    6/9 173.5
    6/10 173
    6/11 173 (TOM)
    6/15 171
    6/17 170 (20 lbs gone!!!)
    6/19 169
    6/24 170 (no exercise or poop)
    6/25 168
    6/28 168
    6/30 165
    7/24 161

GW: 145

Photos
    View albums

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    5/08 SW-270
    8/7/08 CW 239-Taken off Phen by MD
    9/5/08 CW 230-Life without Phen Challenge

Goals, schmoals. I just come here to talk, and if I lose weight, that's great!

Same place next year? NOT!!!

Photos
    View albums

Your Dad is my thoughts and prayers, Scat. ((((HUGS))))
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Photos
    View albums

Is there an update on Scat's father?

I've been praying Scat & I will continue to do so. I also pray for your strength.

Height 5'7
    SW - 178 (2-20-08)
    GW- 155
    Lost 16.4 lbs in 6 weeks on phen
    Lost additonal 9.6 after phen from 4-9-08 to 6-20-08
    Below goal & size 8 in most things 6-20-08

DESPERATELY TRYING TO MAINTAIN!

LIFE AFTER PHEN CHALLENGE

[[/url]

Photos
    View albums

Thinking of you. Hoping all is well.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Scat,

Prayers, good thoughts and big hugs going your way. I will keep your Dad in my heart!

Please let us know how he is doing.

Lots of love going your way,

Andrea
    GO CHARGERS!

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by dbethied View Post
    well, i don't pray but i will send good thoughts your way! i believe in the positive energy cycle.......keep us posted.

Shrirley McLain?

Just Kiddin

Photos
    View albums

Scat, you and your father have been in my thoughts all day. Make sure you take care of yourself so you can be there to help give your dad what he needs.

All my best!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

I won't even begin to pretend that I know what you and your family are going thru. but many of you know that i lost my father due to a car wreck, and I know first hand what it is like to live a full life with out him here physically. Scat, please don't let a moment pass by with out telling him what he has meant to you in your life and how much you love him. lord knows I wish with all my heart and soul that I could do that now.
    It is so obvious in many conversations that we have had that you love him with all of your heart and so many of us have come to care for him as well he is one of the biggest prayer groups going on RIGHT HERE.......Kind of like an extended family.....LOL
    For those that have had personaly conflict with you mom or DAD it is never to late to forgive the prblems that you might have.. I know my dad was killed when i was three and for 31 years I couldn't stand the ground he walked on because of the lies and B/S that my own mother told me.. After finally finding my step-mother who by the way is a wonderful woman, I finally forgave my father for leaveing me to raise my self so to speak.....
    My hubby told me one time that you may never forget what they have done but you can always forgive..... and never ever think that you can't talk to them after they are gone because i do every day of my life.
    Scat, like i said before you and your family and MOST IMPORTANTLY your DADDY are in my families prayers every day .... Give him ((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))
    If ya need to yell my yahoo is always on......
    Take Care

Bronze Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Scat......Sorry to hear about your father and I wish you and your family all the best. They always say the more praises that go up the more blessings that will come down. With all these people praying for your father a blessing is sure to come out of it. Stay strong your father needs you more now then ever.

Photos
    View albums

Scat~ I am sorry to hear about your father!! ((((HUGS)))) you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

let me know if there is something i can do for you!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Photos
    View albums

Scat, I already talked with you about Dad so you know what I'm doing!!!! When you get some time please let us know what's going on!!!

We love you girlie!!!!
    SW-295 (2-24)
    CW-280 (3-24)
    CW-277 (4-18)

Photos
    View albums

Scat:

I'm adding one more prayer to the list. I hope it helps to know we are all thinking of you and your family.

Take care and please let us know an update.

Tina

Photos
    View albums

Still praying for your dad scat.

MY FORMER SELF

Photos
    View albums

sending prayers your way for your daddy
    and that people would just be nicer to people

Mother to a one year old active boy

MAY
    2nd- 194 lbs started PHEN