What can I do BY MYSELF for my abs...
    Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I read recently that the bicycle move is the most effective move that you can do for your ads. It hits the upper and lower abs plus your obliques. Who could ask for more. I personally love the bicycle move because I can feel it working my abs. Some other moves that I do I don't feel them really do anything for that particular area.

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Here are some different kinds of crunches that I do.

Froggy crunch - lay down on the floor. Put both feet together so that the bottoms of your feet are touching. Your knees should be out. Kind of like a butterfly but you are laying down. Now hands behind your head and lift straight up. That way you are not pulling at your neck.

Bicycle - lay down like a regular crunch. Pull one knee up towards your face as you crunch up. Now lay back down. Do other knee.

Reverse crunch - lay on the floor like a regular crunch. Instead of bringing your head up, bring your knees to your chest. If you want to make this harder don't let your feet touch the floor, keep them 1 inch above.

Hard as H crunch - lay on back. grab hold of something that is heavy (like a workout bench leg) Now bring both feet up straight to the ceiling (legs straight, feet together. To make this harder don't let feet touch the floor.

If you have back problems you could always do the standing crunch or crunches on the ball.

Standing crunch - Stand with feet hip width distance together. Hands behind your head with your elbows out. Twist your right elbow to meet your left knee. Stand straight. Now twist your left elbow to right knee. (you will be lifting your knees up).

Good luck!!
    Weight before Phen 175
    SW - 170 (started Phen 4/15/08)
    CW - 160 (4/29/08)
    CW - 152 (5-22-08)
    CW - 147 (6-9-08)
    cw- 133 (9-28-08)
    CW- 125.5 (11-13-08)
    CW - 123 (12-20-08)
    GW - 120

Photos
    View albums

try turbo jam...it's standing ab work..and it great cardio.

Photos
    View albums

I thinks pilates is God gift to all women who have been through child birth. I have just recently rediscovered pilates, and I have fallen in love all over again. I highly recommend it.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Yesterday Yahoo had a featured link on their website to Self.com's Flat Abs Fast! workout. (There's a video there that shows you what to do.) I think these look like some great moves you can do in your living room. I've got an exercise ball and weights, but you can probably modify them somehow if you don't.... or just doing the ones that you can would still be beneficial.

Yoga and Pilates are also great for your core! Denise Austin has some DVDs that are fairly short, but will make you see results. I also like CRUNCH's Fat Burning Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe. Good stuff.
    Last edited by graphicMOM; June 23rd, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Get a stability ball with a DVD. I have one and it's amazing. I do it everyday, usually just a few reps of each excercise between emails or commercial breaks. It looks easy, but not so much. And it gave me results pretty quick, which is good for motivation.

Silver Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default What can I do BY MYSELF for my abs...

I really hate all those ab machines at the gym...I REALLY hate the fact that when yer on em about 40 people on the elipticals get to see your crotch...Anyway...what can I do at home. I got prego when I was over 200 lbs so my skin is stretched badly...I know that will never go away. I just want it so you cant tell while Im wearing clothes. It literaly looks like I have a tire under my shirt since I lost some weight....help what do I do...?
    I've got arms and legs on my body...

www.myspace.com/notjustanykatie