Panic Attacks.

Thread: Panic Attacks.

Photos
    View albums

I have had panic/anxiety attacks for 12 years. They are awful. I have been on Phen for about 3 weeks and haven't had one. I do take klonopin when I have one and it "brings me down". I had heard that about B vitamins too. I took them back in the day and it did help. I have also tried Valerian Root and Melatonin, both which helped as well.

It sounds like your heart is "overreacting" to the amount of stress caused by activity like running. It really doesn't sound like a panic or anxiety attack to me. More like palpatations or something of the sort. A panic or anxiety attack will come on slowly or suddenly like Goth said and will make you feel this horrible sense of impending doom. You feel like you will die. You feel smothered and scared. It is awful! I would talk to your doc, but either way, I really hope it gets better!!
    Amanda in AL
    Classified Binge Eater
    SW: 1/08- 294
    04/08- 264 diet and excercise - Binge Eater- off wagon after this!
    06/03/08 271- Started Phen per doc. 37.5mg 1x/day
    6/10/08-261 WOW! 10 lbs in one week!
    6/17/08-263 BLOATED! Blah!
    6/18/08-258
    07/07/08 Overdid it this weekend! 259 Crap!
    08/01/08 257.5 WTF?
    08/05/08 TOM came and gone...Drumroll.... 249.5 YES!

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

I forgot to mention, I honestly think I have exercise anxiety. My heart races right before a work out

Photos
    View albums

I get panic attacks, so I was scared to death to take Phen (just started yesterday). My dr reasured me that the phen is safe, but I'm the type of person that freaks out when something wierd is happening to my body. I was hoping the dr would give me a prescription for valuim or something, but he didn't. I do have some that I get from my mom, so I take one when I have an attack. While I am waiting for the pill to work, I just breath in my nose, out my mouth, and tell myslef "it's all in your head. There is nothing wrong with you". I will also go outside for fresh air, that usually stops it in its tracks. I figured out the fresh air thing one day because I was having an attack. It was just me home with my 4 kids. I grabbed the phone and was about to call 911, but I ran outside first, thinking if I passed out, at least someone driving by would see me lying there . I think I will go see my PCP to try and get some of my own meds, because I have a feeling phen is going to give me more attacks. Good luck, and let me know if you find out any more info

Photos
    View albums

I know I"m not a doctor but my sisters and I were saved from panic attacks by B Complex Vitamins!

Please try taking B complex vitamins! Obviously if you are on a lot of other meds right now check/ w/ a doc, but I talked to my doc when I started the phen and told them that I worry about anxiety with taking something like this and told them about taking b complex in the past. They said that would be fine, and it does help! Be careful if you are taking a lot of other vitamins though as you don't want to overdo it. But panic attacks are a known side effect of phen, and when we're dieting it's hard to get all the b vitamins you need.

Anxiety runs in our family. When I was first placed on birth control in college I thought I was losing my mind! I had terrible anxiety attacked (didn't know that's what they were). When I went back to my ob/gyn she told me oh dear lord, I didn't know anxiety ran in your family! She told me two things. 1. We're putting you on a lower dose of estrogen (they didn't have the nuva ring then) and 2. Take B complex Vitamins!

At the time, I didn't tell my sisters, because well they were younger. However, my baby sister called me about 2 months after she started taking birth control pills completely sobbing worried that she was going crazy and told me about her symptoms and I breathed a sigh of relief because I had the answer! Sure enough, she started taking B complex had her birth control changed. My middle sister heard about this convo, and said "oh my god! I've had the same thing."

I've probably had maybe 2 or 3 attacks since then (10 years ago) but I'll either realize what's going on and start taking my b complex. Or sometimes, if I'm going through something really rough, it's the first thing my sister says to me. We call them our "happy pills" or our "sunshine pills" because that's what color you pee when you take them!

I hope this helps you!
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by angelchar77 View Post
    goth what is the diff between anxiety and panick attacks. Mine always seemed to be induced by excersize. I have never got them just sitting around. Who knows maybe I have anxiety of exersize of something. LOL I got the heart rate monitor so that I could monitor my heart rate and to keep it where it should be. As I said before I had these before phen so I know that phen is not causing them. They could however be contributing to them with the increased heart rate.

My anxiety attacks are caused by too many people around me....example: Christmas shopping. I don't like the closeness or enclosed spaces. I can feel the anxiety attacks start, but the panic attacks hit like a train out of nowhere.

Have you ever had tests done on your heart? I did the heart monitor too and came back fine. You could have a heart murmur or it may skip a beat, etc. Deff. ask your doctor though.

Photos
    View albums

Hi Angel,
    Sorry you're going through this. I would definitely see a doctor about this. My brother-in-law has panic attacks, and he's a stock broker (needless to say, he has a very stressful job). They did some tests on him (electrocardiogram - ECG) which he flunked, and they also checked his thyroid as well. He is on medication and has been put on a special diet. Good luck to you, and please keep us posted.
    SW -- 206 --10/8/07 (weight loss center)

CW-- 182 --03/29/09 (back to taking Phen @ weight loss center)

183.4-- 09/16/09 (off Phen for now- no prescription until Dec)

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

I know someone that suffered with these - it was even scary to watch. Can't be of any help, but wanted to say I'm sorry you are going through this.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Photos
    View albums

goth what is the diff between anxiety and panick attacks. Mine always seemed to be induced by excersize. I have never got them just sitting around. Who knows maybe I have anxiety of exersize of something. LOL I got the heart rate monitor so that I could monitor my heart rate and to keep it where it should be. As I said before I had these before phen so I know that phen is not causing them. They could however be contributing to them with the increased heart rate.
    Started Phen 5/27
    SW 200
    6-3-08 189 -11
    6-10-08 184 -5
    6-17-08 181 -3
    6-24-08 179 -2

GW 155
    Height 5"7

Photos
    View albums

I used to have panic attacks all the time, now I just have anxiety attacks. Mine aren't/weren't caused by phen. I take xanax to help with mine. Just tell the dr. all your symptoms, what you're doing when they hit, how long they last, etc. Mine felt like a heart attack and would hit at any time, even when I was laying down watching tv.

I've done the stress test...they induce stress on your heart through an i.v. It was one of the worst tests I've ever had done!

Phen Newbie
    Photos
    View albums

Smile Panic Attacks

I had this as well when I was on phentermine.
    I was told by my doctor - because phentermine is a type of speed, once you get your heartrate at a certain rate, the phentermine will cause it to "flutter". I had to change how I was taking the phen. I had to start breaking the pill in half and taking half at 1:00pm and the other half at 4:00pm.
    You should DEFINITELY tell your doctor about this!!!

My bet is that the phen is causing the panic attacks. It's not unusual!

Be careful...maybe you should not run until you see the doctor.

Photos
    View albums

Sorry, wish I could help, but I don't have panic attacks. The only thing I have ever heard of was the paper bag thing....
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Default Panic Attacks.

Just wondering if anyone has these, and if you do what do you do for them. I mean is there a medication you take when you get them or what. Basically no doc has ever been able to diagnose me because they couldnt catch them. Today i wore my heart monitor while running and had and attack for 3 min. With a heart rate of 240. I do think it was higher at one point because it keep saying 98. monitor couldnt keep up with my heart. I have been on phen almost a month and this is the first one I have had. I do not feel it came from the phen. I think I will make another appt to see a doc. and this time if I have to will induce a damn panic attack.

Here is what happens
    Heart rate shoots up
    Arms go numb
    Sweat compusivly
    I take deep breaths for a few min
    Then heart rate drops instantaneously from 230+ to 150
    Started Phen 5/27
    SW 200
    6-3-08 189 -11
    6-10-08 184 -5
    6-17-08 181 -3
    6-24-08 179 -2