ANY GOOD WAYS TO INCREAS METABOLISM???
    Diamond Phenster

Congrats on your loss!

Just changed up what you are doing - throw your body a curve.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

2. Advertising
    advertising

i agree with the different calorie a day...i trick my body like that and i lose with hardly any exercise. but i know that would probably also come to an end. so i will up my game on exercise and continue with the different caloric intake daily

Silver Phenster

1. Increase your lean muscle mass by lifting weights.
    2. Alternate your calories. Have a very low calorie day, a moderate day, a low day, a high day, a very high day, a very low day.
    3. Change your exercise routine. Swim, eliptical, circuit training.

BronzyBella

Here are the 2 basic things to increase you metabolism.
    1. Eat 5-6 small healthy meals in a day.
    2. Weight training---muscles helps to increase your metabolism and allows you to burn fat even while resting.

One thing I did notice though is that you didn't mention chaging up your workout. Changing it up is a must because your body gets used to a doing the same thing over and over. Resulting in your body not having to work so hard---then you don't lose weight. So try running and walking in intervals. Increase your weight. Do circuit training (do like 3-5 min of cardio, then quickly switch to weight training for a few minutes, then go back to cardio for a few minutes, then back to weight training for a few----and so on). Good Luck!

BTW---your weight loss is amazing. Great Job!

If you like spicy foods then add a little red pepper to your meals throughout the day.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Misty... I hadn't seen those before pics. The transformation is awesome. I am jealous of all the changes I see in you. Congrats!
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Quote Originally Posted by POTTS0601 View Post
    I NEED SOME HELP... I HAVE HIT A BRICK WALL. I AM NOW DOWN TO 190(FROM MY HIGHEST OF 298). 12 WEEKS AGO I STARTED WATCHING MY DIET AND EXERCISING. 6 WEEKS AGO I STARTED PHENTERMINE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS, BUT I WANT MORE. I HAVE BEEN STUCK @ 190 FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 WEEKS. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INCREASE YOUR METABOLISM??? I ONLY EAT ABOUT 1000-1200 CALORIES A DAY. I RUN 3 MILES A DAY NOW AND DO WEIGHTS. I REALLY WANT TO HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT OF 160 BY THE END OF AUGUST.... I KNOW IT IS 30LBS AND THAT IS ALOT TO LOSE IN 9 WEEKS BUT I AM WILLING TO DO ANYTHING... WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HIT MY GOAL???

First of all, congrats on losing all that weight! You have got to be a proud woman! I just had this speech with my doctor and he suggested I eat a breakfast that has most of my daily allowance of carbs in it, that way it will spike the metabolism and the carbs will burn off before going to bed that night. I began that last week and am down 3 or 4 pounds, so may wanna look into what you are eating carbs wise after 2 pm. Not sure if it'll help or not, but wanted to let ya know what my doc said.

SW 289 2/27/2008 Sz 28
    229 8/07/2008 Sz 16/18

2/27/2008 - Began Phen -size 28

3/2008 - size 24

9/2008 - size 18

Gold Phenster countryasadirtroad's Avatar

Google "carb cylcing". Someone on here told me about it and apparently a lot of body builders use it to get rid of excess body fat.
    210lbs-170lbs 10/01/08 - 3mo of phen & 3mo of just D&E
    208.5 lbs 05/04/10 - Wk 0 (started phen again)

Mini Goal: 170lbs by my Vegas vacation in August

Final Goal: 150lbs

I don't really know how to help. I will tell you though to keep up the good work.

Oh wait... have you been doing the same amount of exercise this whole time? It maybe time to add more exercise or change to something that burns more calories. As we weigh less, or bodies need less calories. Therefore, in order to eat the same calories and still lose weight we somtimes need to burn more calories.

I don't know if this helps you, but I tried. Good luck reaching your goal and keep moving forward.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Phen Newbie

Question ANY GOOD WAYS TO INCREAS METABOLISM???

I NEED SOME HELP... I HAVE HIT A BRICK WALL. I AM NOW DOWN TO 190(FROM MY HIGHEST OF 298). 12 WEEKS AGO I STARTED WATCHING MY DIET AND EXERCISING. 6 WEEKS AGO I STARTED PHENTERMINE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS, BUT I WANT MORE. I HAVE BEEN STUCK @ 190 FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 WEEKS. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO INCREASE YOUR METABOLISM??? I ONLY EAT ABOUT 1000-1200 CALORIES A DAY. I RUN 3 MILES A DAY NOW AND DO WEIGHTS. I REALLY WANT TO HIT MY GOAL WEIGHT OF 160 BY THE END OF AUGUST.... I KNOW IT IS 30LBS AND THAT IS ALOT TO LOSE IN 9 WEEKS BUT I AM WILLING TO DO ANYTHING... WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HIT MY GOAL???