Positive influence
    Photos
    View albums

I would tell them to strive to be the best that they can be..the HEALTHIEST that they can be. Eat right and exercise...the sooner you get on the exercise bandwagon the better. I did'nt discover fitness until much later in my life, and didn't get certified to teach fitness classes until the age of 38!! I wish I had taken better care of myself when i was younger, and didn't drink soda and all that other nasty crap that I did to my body.

Dont' try to look like anyone else....beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes. Accentuate your better points..don't STRESS over your problem areas. For years I hated my thighs to the point of wearing loose clothes all the time (this was before JLo made it okay to have a little bootay)....If I could have my 25 year old body again i'd be working it, not wearing a burlap sack every day.

LOVE YOURSELF...LOVE YOURSELF...Don't wait for a man to validate you.....LOVE YOURSELF!
    I did it!! Reached goal and have been here for quite a while thanks to low carb eating and working out like crazy! Phen didn't work for me, but that isn't to say that there aren't other ways. God bless all of you!

[Obsession is the greatest form of flattery.........

2. Advertising
    advertising

Photos
    View albums

Young women and weight/health issues: "I want you to think of the woman whose body you would love to have. We all have one or two or sometimes a dozen women we wish we could look like. I want you to really picture this woman in your head. Got a good image of her? Good. Now I'm going to tell you something you're not going to believe. The woman you are imagining also has someone that she wishes she looked like. She has parts of her body that she doesn't like, and days when she feels fat, and in general doesn't like her appearance. We live in a society where we constantly are shown pictures of insanely beautiful women in magazines, on TV, etc. However, to look like they do in this magazines takes teams of people to do their hair, their make up, pic out that perfect outfit and then on top of all that, after the pictures are taken, or the video filmed, they go back and there's another entire team of people that make waists look smaller, thighs firmer, remove zits, etc. It is far better to appreciate the body you have. Every day be grateful for what your body CAN do for you, and highlight the parts about yourself you like the most! All of our bodies are amazing, and whether we use them to walk to the store, dance in our bedrooms or model in front of cameras, we need to love our bodies for what they are and encourage them to become the best that we can. We only get one body in life and to go through life hating it for what it's not instead of loving it for what it is, seems like a huge waste of energy"

Advice on life: You need to first love yourself before looking to others for love. There is no one on this planet that can love you more than you are capable of loving yourself. Once you have accomplished this, you will be amazed at how the world reacts to you! When we care about ourselves, we refuse to allow others to remain in our lives who do not show us the proper respect, love and acceptance we deserve. Time and again in life I have seen that those who who have never been able to accept and love themselves are often surrounded by others who do not treat them fairly, and they have allowed this to happen because they don't feel they are worthy of more.
    41 down 36 to go!

5/12/08 - 232.5 - Started Phen/lexapro combo
    5/29/08 - 218 -14.5 pounds in 2 weeks
    6/12/08 - 209.5 -8.5 for a total of 23 pounds in the first month!
    7/10/08 - 200 -9.5
    8/07/08 -192 -8
    9/18/08 - 185.5 -6.5
    12/8/08-191 +5.5

Photos
    View albums

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
    Think of yourself on stage and speaking to a group of young women and the question was

"What one piece of advice would you give to women regarding Health / weight - what would you tell them to do?"

Part 2

Same stage: And the question is broader ----

IF you could tell these women one piece of lifes advice - what would you tell them?"
    Scene 1: Even Tyra Banks has been airbrushed before. Stop listening to everyone else and listen to your self. Your own inner woman. Find her becuase she is the most important.

Scene 2: Enjoy everyday. Do something YOU want to do at least once a day.
    Get thin and God Bless! Gina

I swear I'm trapped in that body somewhere!

07/01 - 225 (first day on phen)
    07/05 - 219 (yeah!)
    07/14 - 215.5 (so close to 10 I can taste it!!)

Photos
    View albums

Good questions, Raquel. I think I need to do some soul searching before answering these questions.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Photos
    View albums

Health is important, and you must maintain a healthy weight to be healthy! But that doesn't mean you have to look like Kiera Knightly or Paris Hilton. A healthy lifestyle takes dedication and commitment. Keep on keeping on and don't give up on yourself.

I only have an answer to part one right now!
    -------------------
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi

Photos
    View albums

Loving yourself right where you are! Good health, bad health there is a message in it all!

Part II
    Live out dreams! and Live those dreams without limitations as long as they are pure and true!!! Remain true to yourself, and regret nothing. It all shapes your character and produces who you are!
    SW-268 (5-16-08)
    (5-26) 263
    (8-11) 234

1st MINI GOAL=========>230

Photos
    View albums

Same advice for both scenarios:
    It's okay to put yourself first sometimes.
    The world will not end if you take a bit of time to take care of yourself. Flowers will still bloom, your children will not starve, your hubby will not die from lack of someone to find the scissors for him.

Photos
    View albums

I agree with LoSingWeightin08... Women need to stop paying attention to society's ideals. However, I would also tell them that if they want to change their weight that they can do it and they are not the only ones trying to. We should support each other and be there for one another.

Part 2 - Try to be who you are. Don't make excuses for the things you like or don't like because you want someone else to like you better. If you like country music and someone else doesn't... oh well (I have this one). If you are happy with your weight, then don't let anyone get you down over it. If you aren't a good cook or you aren't crafty, etc. don't let anyone tell you that you have to be good at these things. Be happy with you and all that you can do. You are special and no one should try to fit you into a perfect one-size fits all mold.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Photos
    View albums

I would tell women that they need to stop listening to what society says is "beautiful". Every women can not be 5'7 with long legs, and a size 6. Just celebrate what makes you uniquely you and learn to love yourself !
    The proof is in the pics!!! <3

Starting over again!!!!

Diamond Phenster
    Photos
    View albums

Default Positive influence

Think of yourself on stage and speaking to a group of young women and the question was

"What one piece of advice would you give to women regarding Health / weight - what would you tell them to do?"

Part 2

Same stage: And the question is broader ----

IF you could tell these women one piece of lifes advice - what would you tell them?"
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199