Discouraged..help?

great advice insearchof...

YOu know phen is not going to take away your hunger completely..unfortunately as time goes on you can feel your appetite coming back, especially during PMS.....

I suggest that you remember to eat throughout the day, don't try to stop eating compeltely, you'll be famished by the end of the day......drink your water, spread out your meals.....try and refrain from the snackies......you can do this, you aren't alone, we have all felt hungry at times on phen...

2. Advertising
    advertising

I agree with what everyone else had said. Phen works only as much as hard as you do. If you are an emotional eater, as I am, phen will not take away the urge to eat, even when you are not hungry. That is to say that phen works on your physical need to eat ...only. I hope I am making sense.

I am not a breakfast person..at all, but I do eat breakfast everyday, because I realize how important it is. Try to automate your meals, and that will make life much simplier. For instance, this is my meal plan for the week.

Monday - Saturday

Breakfast

2 slices turkey bacon
    2 boiled egg whites

snack
    cherries

lunch
    open faced tuna salad

snack
    almonds

Dinner is the one meal of the day that can vary throughout the week. Everythng else, I have planned or automated. Takes all the guess work out of what to eat. So plan, plan, plan. Be sure to drink plenty of water. I drink a bottle --yes an entire bottle of water BEFORE each meal, and water along with my meal. I make sure to keep my body properly hydrated, as thirst can mimic hunger.

Increase the amount of lean protein that you eat everyday, which helps you to feel full longer.

I hope you find this helpful.
    HEIGHT 5' 10"
    HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER! 252

STARTING OVER!!
    CW 232.2

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can! ~Arthur Ashe

Diamond Phenster

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Ok, I've been on Phen for exactly 10 days now. For the first 6 days, I was doing really good. Cravings weren't coming to me like they usually do, I could resist eating unhealthy foods even if they were all around me, and i was definitely eating a lotttt less.

But it already feels like the effects are wearing off. I'm getting cravings again, and having a much harder time resisting getting that extra snack. I am still eating less than usual. I'm not snacking all day like I would on most days. The difference between the beginning and now is: When choosing meals, I have a harder time picking healthy meals over bad ones. I want snacks more often again, and I will get them too.

I keep telling myself..Just have the willpower not to snack. But, I'm finding myself once again, not strong enough to do it. I know this pill isn't supposed to be some miracle, but i would've liked if its effects were the same as the beginning. I'm already losing hope, just 10 days into it.

Does anyone have any advice on resisting snacks? And it'd be nice also if you could share experiences on whether this happened to you after youf first while of taking phen.

Sorry for how long this was!
    Advice: Don't resist, snack. But drink a bottle of water 1st. Plan ahead and make up snacks that work for you & whatever eating plan you are doing. (portioned correctly)

Carbs will trigger your body into wanting / craving more carbs. Whether it's in the form of a potatoe or a chocolate bar. It's carbs.

Share experience: Phen was still working - but I ignored it. Does that make sense? I would just go back to old habits, old crap food and therefore "Phen is not working" but in MY reality - it was, it was me - backsliding here and there.

So PLAN what's going in your body for the week - BREAKFAST (yes, even if it's just 2 boiled eggs) snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner, snack but also plan your water.
    See what the end of the 7 days does for you.

Good luck - you can do it.
    Hi, I'm Roc & I'm on the weight loss rollercoaster as well as a 42 yr. old - mother of 3 year old twins. An entirely different rollercoaster
    1/9/08 228
    1/19 210
    2/09 215
    2/12 210
    3/11 206
    3/21 200
    4/13 199
    5/18 198
    6/6 201
    7/10 210
    7/21 199
    8/26 199

Speaking of hunger... I should probably go down like a liter of H2O right now because I'm starving! I need to stop staying up so late because the meds don't help when you've gone without a dose for 12 hours. Haha!
    SW: 307 LBS 9/16/10.
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

Thanks for all the good replies everyone!

And thanks graphicmom.
    Kaitlyn

6/13 -182 first day on phen
    6/20 -172
    6/27 -169
    7/4 - 168
    7/11 -168
    7/17 -168

Me and my sister Amber(Supastar) shopping!

Oh, and I LOVE your avitar, Fusion!!
    In 2008 I lost 91 pounds, but I've gained it all back... so here I am, at square one, but not for long.

hey! i saw were u had posted its hard to eat breakfest... well... i know tha feeling.. im not a morning eater at ALL! but i make myself eat something (dr actually told me to make my biggest meal in morning.. i still cant do that) but i eat something like i love/addicted to the FIBER ONE chewy bars... oats and chocolate are tHE BEST! or a nutragrain bar, bowl of cereal or oatmeal, 1 peice of cheese toast SUMTHIN! i have to make myself eat it but i get it down and i feel alot better about myself..

and like you i have always been a HUGE snacker i had rather sit down w/ a bag of chips than eat dinner, its bc i have grew up that way gettin anything i want, and eatin anything i want- when i wanted it! since being on the pills thank goodness i havent been snacky @ all...

the gum advice was great - try a piece of fruit instead of sumthin "yucky" for your body

and now when i look @ those chips i think "gosh do i really wanna eat 14 chips to have to jog 13 mins to work it back off?!?!" tha answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOO lol i love working out but i dont wanna do extra!

sooo maybe you could threaten urself into not eating it lol... jk

i wish ya luck!
    www.youtube.com/lailbanana (my weight loss process)

3/1 Starting Weight 253
    3/22 Drs visit = 246.8
    3/23 Started Adipex-p
    12/5 181 ONDERLAND YAY!!!

** down 72 lbs**

Smile it increases your face value
    1st pix- march 08
    2nd pix- thanksgiving 08

They have good ideas. I don't really have much to add to that. However, make sure you are drinking enough water. Thirst can sometimes disguise itself as hunger. Also, if you are hungry you should eat something to calm the hunger. Try fruit. I love nectarines, watermelon, apples, grapes, and pineapple. All of these could help with some of the sweet craving. Just remember that once you get over the first few hurdles, it will become easier to do things. I had to learn a lot before I got to where I am. Now it is easy for me to grab a good snack and stay away from some of the other things. Just one more thing... I don't avoid anything completely. I will have to use these life changes to maintain my weight and keep from gaining again. I don't want to stop eating anything that I like forever, so I work it in now too. You need to find what works for you.

Sorry for rambling... keep up the good work and good luck.
    Keep on Keepin' on!

Thanks! I do need to clean my room anyways. And my closet really needs to be cleaned out and organized. Maybe I'll get some of that done this week.
    Kaitlyn

6/20 -172
    6/27 -169
    7/4 - 168
    7/11 -168
    7/17 -168

I've found that one of the best things I can do for myself is to stay busy! I'm a SAHM, so it's possible for my days to have quite a bit of down time. When I'm home with the kids we're usually hanging out in the living room and usually how I use my time determines how snacky I get. If the kids are watching a movie and I park it on the couch with them and play Sudoku, I'll be back and forth from the fridge all day. But if I do normal housework like laundry or cleaning... or get out stuff to sell on eBay (like clothes that are now too big!), then I notice my hunger much less. I'm sorry to point out such an obvious idea, but when I'm conscious of what I'm doing or how I'm using my time I move more and burn more calories. If you have a desk job there might not be a whole lot you can change, but I thought I'd throw that out there anyway. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks Jamie. I'm going to try and start looking for healthier snacks around the house.

Dalako, I am pretty bad when it comes to eating atleast 3 meals a day. I pretty much always skip breakfast. I always have heard it's healthier to eat breakfast. But, for some reason I always think, that at the end of the day..all I had was 2 meals, and a few snacks. Isn't that just the same as having breakfast? But, I think I'm finally realizing it's not. I think I'll both your and Jamie's approach. I'll start counting calories, and eating more too. (healthy snacks inbetween meals) My main thing is I just need to stay on track, and not pig out or get discouraged! Ugh, weightloss is one of the hardest things to achieve.
    Kaitlyn

6/20 -172
    6/27 -169
    7/4 - 168
    7/11 -168
    7/17 -168

A couple of ideas:

How many times are you eating during the day?? I know that when I stick to 4-5 smaller meals a day. I eat WAY healthier. But when I barely eat: GET OUT OF MY WAY!!! I AM STARVIN' MARVIN!!!! It used to get out of control sometimes. But since I have been sticking to a schedule, things have gotten better.

Another idea is are you eating carbs?? That can make you crave the bad things.

Hope this helps!!
    Height= 5'8"
    SW = 259 1/24/08
    CW 2/21/08 = 238 Lost 20 lbs
    CW 3/20/08 = 234 total 24 lbs went off phen
    CW 4/18/08 = 221 toal 33 lbs *reached mini goal
    CW 6/9/08 = TOM & Vacation.... 231 dang it- But it was fun
    CW 7/1/08 = 222
    CW 8/5/08 = 215 -Down 45lbs WOOT WOOT!!!!

Next Mini Goal = 210

Its ok to snack! There are lots of low cal (not sure of your diet) snacks out there! If you are over calories or at your limit for the day try a piece of gum to satisfy the craving to chew
    Last edited by JamieE; June 23rd, 2008 at 12:52 AM.

Me at my highest weight beside me now!

4/18/08- Met my first Mini Goal!! Weighed in at 274.5.
    5/21/08- Met second Mini Goal! Weighed in at 259.5.

1st Mini Goal- 275
    2nd Mini Goal- 260
    3rd Mini Goal- 245

Default Discouraged..help?

Ok, I've been on Phen for exactly 10 days now. For the first 6 days, I was doing really good. Cravings weren't coming to me like they usually do, I could resist eating unhealthy foods even if they were all around me, and i was definitely eating a lotttt less.

But it already feels like the effects are wearing off. I'm getting cravings again, and having a much harder time resisting getting that extra snack. I am still eating less than usual. I'm not snacking all day like I would on most days. The difference between the beginning and now is: When choosing meals, I have a harder time picking healthy meals over bad ones. I want snacks more often again, and I will get them too.

I keep telling myself..Just have the willpower not to snack. But, I'm finding myself once again, not strong enough to do it. I know this pill isn't supposed to be some miracle, but i would've liked if its effects were the same as the beginning. I'm already losing hope, just 10 days into it.

Does anyone have any advice on resisting snacks? And it'd be nice also if you could share experiences on whether this happened to you after youf first while of taking phen.

Sorry for how long this was!
    Kaitlyn

6/20 -172
    6/27 -169
    7/4 - 168
    7/11 -168
    7/17 -168